The best price you can get for 7.62x39 ammo?

I'm looking for non-corrosive ammo so I can afford to be a little lazier when it comes to cleaning. :)

I've heard Bear has a pretty good reputation (some claiming Wolf is dirtier).

I searched a couple places and the cheapest seem to be from Sportsman's Guide:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/1000-rds-brown-bear-762x39-mm-123-gr-hp-ammo.aspx?a=745109&bi=174011

It's $209 if you pay a $30 annual membership fee. And by using mrrebates.com or fatwallet.com you can get 4-5% cashback, which brings the price down to 20 cents/round.

Can we get a better price than this (20c/rd) for non-corrosive 7.62x39 ammo?

Some said sometimes there are deals in other places. I'm new into firearms and I've not been around long enough to know of any. Do plan on stocking up now. Any advice or comments on ammo deal will be appreciated.

I just paid $179 with tax title and license (lol) for 1260 rounds of Yugo Brass 7.62 on stripper clips in a sealed crate and tins at a local shop.....they say it is corrosive (slightly) but the owner of the shop said he experimented with it in an old WASR and a SKS and left his guns dirty for three weeks before he cleaned it and it showed no ill effects whatsoever. There are some deals out there on the internet for the same stuff, but it is always better to shop locally and save shipping costs, plus you can usually haggle with the local shops and get it cheaper.

They seem to have the best deal, but it's out of stock. I was going to order some 154gr SP and the delivery date isn't till July. Ended up buying them at ammoman.com for about $10 more, and they are also now out of stock.

copesdistributing.net had some Ulyanovsk for $100/500rd + $10 shipping, but out-of-stock now.

There's MFS 123gr FMJ available at weaponsworld.com right now, for $225+$10shipping.

If you need ammo now, I would suggest buying something somewhere asap as I've been noticing Out-Of-Stock notices more and more.

Don't forget to include shipping.

I bought some Brown Bear SP at a gun show for $105 for 500.

Haven't shot it yet. I still have plenty of Uly to go through before I tear into this.

Don't be afraid of corrosive. A quick cleaning with Hoppe #9 is all it takes.

I just paid $179 with tax title and license (lol) for 1260 rounds of Yugo Brass 7.62 on stripper clips in a sealed crate and tins at a local shop.....they say it is corrosive (slightly) but the owner of the shop said he experimented with it in an old WASR and a SKS and left his guns dirty for three weeks before he cleaned it and it showed no ill effects whatsoever. There are some deals out there on the internet for the same stuff, but it is always better to shop locally and save shipping costs, plus you can usually haggle with the local shops and get it cheaper.

How can something be "slightly" corrosive? It either is or it isn't.

Yugo is corrosive.

this is not an issue, rinse with water, clean as normal.

It's my favorite ammo.

Don't forget to include shipping.

I bought some Brown Bear SP at a gun show for $105 for 500.

Haven't shot it yet. I still have plenty of Uly to go through before I tear into this.

Don't be afraid of corrosive. A quick cleaning with Hoppe #9 is all it takes.

Oh, I forgot to mention, free shipping is occasionally offered by Sportsman's Guide. I wait and get all ammo with free shipping. The regular shipping tops at $20 anyway.

The price for surplus ammo is really attractive though. But I heard story of dudes run hot water through the barrel and gas tube every time after using those.

They seem to have the best deal, but it's out of stock. I was going to order some 154gr SP and the delivery date isn't till July. Ended up buying them at ammoman.com for about $10 more, and they are also now out of stock.

copesdistributing.net had some Ulyanovsk for $100/500rd + $10 shipping, but out-of-stock now.

There's MFS 123gr FMJ available at weaponsworld.com right now, for $225+$10shipping.

If you need ammo now, I would suggest buying something somewhere asap as I've been noticing Out-Of-Stock notices more and more.

I've got ~1400 rounds left, so should be good to go for a while. I'm actually pre-ordering 1000 rounds (will make it 2000 rounds if they offer another free shipping coupon) through Sportsman's Guide for the fear of price increase and knowing that my credit card won't be charged until July. 012.gif

Edited by Tofu San

I usually buy from ammoman.com. Right now the corrosive yougo stuff is $.21/round shipped and even less picked up. I buy the wolf ammo though. Its $.30/round shipped.

Nice I live about an hour from ammo man and will be paying him a visit real soon. Thanks for the tip.

Local gun show has 7.62 wolf for $95 per 500rounds. That has been my best buy so far for new production ammo.

All the local gunshows around here want $150 for that, I never buy shit from them. Military Shooters has Bear HP for $96/500rds.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually buy from ammoman.com. Right now the corrosive yougo stuff is $.21/round shipped and even less picked up. I buy the wolf ammo though. Its $.30/round shipped.

Nice I live about an hour from ammo man and will be paying him a visit real soon. Thanks for the tip.

Nice place to visit, even hotter workers

Local gun show has 7.62 wolf for $95 per 500rounds. That has been my best buy so far for new production ammo.

All the local gunshows around here want $150 for that, I never buy shit from them. Military Shooters has Bear HP for $96/500rds.

WOW, and I thought it was bad here in Kommiefornia! I had no idea they fucked the other states too!

The Yugo only has a corrosive primer not the powder hence the slightly corrosive designation. I have shot 54R mil-surp ammo that you better damn well clean up ASAP after shooting if you live in a humid climate.

The benefit of the corrosive primer is seems a bit hotter and lasts practically forever if stored sealed.