.223 Conversion In Atlanta, GA

I have been on the fence about doing the trigger / pistol grip conversion on my .223 Saiga. I have decided I'm going to take the plunge in the next 30 days. If I run into a jam is there anyone on the Atlanta, GA area that might be able to help me out?

Yep Gwinnett here I dont have a .223 but I just finished my saiga 12 today. Let me put it this way, just shot my first gun maybe 2 years ago and have never really gunsmithed anything. Have some confidence and some patients and youll be just fine.

Just remember that once you drill a few holes, the rest is just standard re-assembly of your rifle. Something that is good to be familiar with anyway.

If you use those generic drill bits supposedly for metal, you will struggle. I ended up using the drill bits Dinzag had sent with my bullet guide because I had bought cheap drill bits. (BTW They are sized for the BG thread and are not ideal)

Your hand moves forward and has a better grip after conversion. So you are pulling the center of gravity of the rifle closer to you and have a firmer hold. Using a wood stock would balance it even more, but you are adding weight. I think you will be happy after the conversion with whichever stock of your choosing.