I have a mount for a tac light I wanna use, however it's for a 3/4 outside diameter. I've been searching EVERYWHERE online for tac lights with remote pressure switches and its next to impossible to find one with that diameter. The only thing I've found was the surefire executive series but they want $300 for a light!!!! That's nearly half the cost of the Saiga!!! Any suggestions??

I have a mount for a tac light I wanna use, however it's for a 3/4 outside diameter. I've been searching EVERYWHERE online for tac lights with remote pressure switches and its next to impossible to find one with that diameter. The only thing I've found was the surefire executive series but they want $300 for a light!!!! That's nearly half the cost of the Saiga!!! Any suggestions??

Well, I have a suggestion but you won't like it.

Pressure switches fail often, unexpectedly.

I recommend this light and some rubber hose to go around it.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/pelican-flashlight-2360-led.html

I have a TLR-1s mounted on a side rail, and it works great. The switch is right where my thumb can easily flip it, and it is a proven performer.

I got it on sale for $85 from a well-known police supply website, but they now have them at $109 with no sales tax outside of Kansas and free shipping. You can sell the mount and probably spend less overall with this solution.

• Like 1

type "Guide Gear Tactical light" into google and see if you like that. They sell them through sportsmanguide.com, and I think amazon. They have one thats like 230 lumens and one thats 700 lumens and it already comes with a mount to go on a picatinny. And I believe they come with a pressure switch or you can also use the button. the 230 lumen is like 30 bucks. They say they will withstand the recoil of a .50 BMG. Who knows. give it a try.

Edited by drewfus53

not sure what your ultimate goal is but I'd like to suggest checking out Solarforce products (on Ebay - or at Lighthound) -

they're a Chinese company - sorry for that, but they make great lights that are compatible with Surefire products. You can buy complete torches or just a host and use another bulb and driver, what I like is they have a battery tube (extension) link with a QD rail mount built in and what appear to be quality pressure switches link.

for about a hundred bucks you can put together a tough light that mounts to your rail direct without a clamp and has a sweet remote pressure.

Just remember that an incandescent bulb can (will) fail from inertia - LEDs typically handle the recoil better

good luck with whatever you end up doing

regards

mark

ETA: is that your Jeep? Nice - I got a '77 CJ7 in the garage that I keep threatening to rebuild, had it 19 years so far

Edited by mark mallek

not sure what your ultimate goal is but I'd like to suggest checking out Solarforce products (on Ebay - or at Lighthound) -

they're a Chinese company - sorry for that, but they make great lights that are compatible with Surefire products. You can buy complete torches or just a host and use another bulb and driver, what I like is they have a battery tube (extension) link with a QD rail mount built in and what appear to be quality pressure switches link.

for about a hundred bucks you can put together a tough light that mounts to your rail direct without a clamp and has a sweet remote pressure.

Just remember that an incandescent bulb can (will) fail from inertia - LEDs typically handle the recoil better

good luck with whatever you end up doing

regards

mark

ETA: is that your Jeep? Nice - I got a '77 CJ7 in the garage that I keep threatening to rebuild, had it 19 years so far

Yes it is my jeep. Notice the izhmash logo on the side

I just bought a Fenix TK15 from amazon for my AR. It is awesome. Not sure if its the size your looking for but I know Fenix make a bunch of models all of which are great quality. I would say just as good as a surefire. My TK15 is mounted with a viking tactics mount and I know it came with a removable inner sleeve to be used with smaller tac lights. Did not need it with my TK 15. Check them out they are great lights

I have a TLR-1s mounted on a side rail, and it works great. The switch is right where my thumb can easily flip it, and it is a proven performer...

+1. :up:

The TLR-1 is a compact, tough, bright little light. It's easy to reach the switch when it's mounted either on the bottom or side rail.

mk35.jpg