IM pretty bummed guys

About a month ago I had my truck stolen while I left if running right in front of the gas station doors as I went in to get coffee before work as I have done for the last 5 years. It was stupid of me but a habit Ive had living in low crime city.

I had 2 rifles and 1 saiga shotgun in the back toolbox locked up. The police found the vehicle later that day with the toolbox unlocked and some various items gone(wallet, keys digi cam etc.). Apprently the thief took the shotgun only as the two rifles were still there. It was in a black soft case containing 4 8 round mags.

Im very lucky to get back everything other than my wallet, keys, camera and shotgun but Im really missing the shotgun. I had alot of work invested into it. I just thought Id vent to you guys. If you run into it at a show or something here is the info:

serial # 01417108

265898.jpg

Maybe its in the posession of some crack head inches away from getting pulled over or raided on.

If the shotgun is re-aquired by the police, and they run the serial, will you GET IT BACK? or is it gone for good no matter what??? how does that work, where you are???

Are they good about that sort of thing? or are you totally boned?

My condolences on your loss... It must be very trying for you, at this time...

:smoke:

IM sure if it comes up I will get it eventually. If an investigation is ongoing it may be used as evidence I assume for whoever is in posession of it. Im assuming I'll never see it again though and If I do it may take awhile to get it back.

wow :eek:

thats the sweetest looking s12 i've ever seen!

i love it!

damn man i'd be crying my eyes out.

man i really feel for ya. hope she turns back up in your hands unharmed.

ok.................i just typed some stuff that would normally be funny but given this guys situation, i'd rather not say it b/c i wouldn't want to hear it if i was him. so i deleted it.

good luck buddy!

tw

It's always a pisser when someone steals something from you, probably without knowing what it is or what it's worth, only to sell it for a few bucks. A few years ago my mom had a Nazi-captured French pistol stolen; not necessarily rare but certainly not common.

Man I'm real sorry to hear about that johnnymac. At least you got your truck and your rifles back though. Sorry you had to learn that lesson about leaving your keys in the car the same way I did. I had my 77' T Top Cutlass stolen when I was 19. I was devastated. Lucky for me the only thing of value in the car was the stereo and a huge case full of cassettes. Like yourself I was incredibly lucky and the cops found my car intact a week later when they pulled the chick over for DUI on the way back from her big time at the beach in my car. It's pretty rare to get a stolen vehicle back, espeacially with no damage done. Sorry you lost your baby though. One good thing is it will be very easy to spot because it's ONE OF A KIND and the only people that have muzzle attachments like that are you and people you sold them to. Good luck.

That royally sux, when I was 16 2 pistols ( a seecamp and a sig) were stolen from my father out of our home, presumably by "friends" of mine, since then I dont trust anyone, not to mention the damage done to my relationship with my old man. One was recovered, and no it was never returned to him.

I hate theives, absolutely despise them. I hate them more than liberals.

Good luck to you.

your auto insurance should cover the replacement value.

i have a few buddies that got their vehicles broke into and their pistols stolen.

one guy had 5 handguns stolen and the insurance company paid the value of all of them.

another had 2 stolen and they cut him a check too.

that is if you have full coverage.

finally, insurance thats good for something more than to rape your ass.

weird though that homeowners will only cover guns if you have a seperate policy on your guns. i looked into that already. incase of fire while not at home type shit.

good luck man!

my understanding is that once a firearm is reported stolen, in many instances, that term cannot be reversed. further, its likely a stolen firearm will be used in a crime.

one thing. you can bet the thief has been here to this forum in the course of trying to figure out what it is that they stole.

one thing. you can bet the thief has been here to this forum in the course of trying to figure out what it is that they stole.

:dollar: I'll take that bet :dollar: .... what odds are you giving?? I dont think it even REMOTELY LIKELY they know this forum exists....

say... $20 bucks, depending on odds?? ( at 5 to 1... thats a hundred bucks if they DONT show up!)

Obviously, we will have to wait for PROOF that they did or didnt use the forums...

I just hope the shitforbrains gets busted, and Johnny gets his shotty back!

You mean you can tell the difference between a thief and a liberal?  Is it because the thief is more polite?

No, the thief usually doesn't have time to stop for a blowjob and a cigar when he's doing his job. :lol:

Um, (but if that's the case then), I wonder if he had time for a cigar (or BJ) while cleaning thee White House of most of it's furniture? :unsure:

Maybe this will cheer you all up a little....I run a shop for a major car rental company and we recovered this one on Tuesday. The P.O.S. that jacked this one got his, or maybe his buddy's just really hate Fords. In either case he left his blood stains all over the seat and floor. I hate thieves almost as much as child molesters ever since my 67 Camaro SS was stolen several years ago. It's been my experience that your more likely to get your stuff back from the Cops than the insurance company, especially if they have your S/N. I've a neighbor that had a wedding ring set stolen by out of state cable installers early this year, two months later the Cops found them in a pawn shop some 20 miles away and recovered em.

Always hope, if not, the let the insurance Co. PAY UP. F'ing pisses me off when people who take pride in their work get it taken...don't let it bring you down, make another one, better, and use it if the bastards ever show up at your house-instant justice. (Sorry, just venting as I deal with this kind of stupid shit weekly. At least we get to keep their shit when we get our vehicles back.... lots of happy detail folks)

By the way, I get shit like this and worse back all the time if there was any doubt why we should be able to have CCW laws in our states.

post-1866-1120185663_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm

i bought a s&w sigma 40 cal from a buddy of my brother.

that very handgun was stolen not once, but twice!

and he got it back both times!

once the cops found it at a pawn shop. the second time i believe they got it off a scumbag.

i believe he had some guys keeping an eye out for it so they knew it was his.

but 2 times! thats just amazing!

i shouldn't have sold it. it was like a lucky charm or something. oh well.

thieves really piss me off too. so bad that i want to hunt their asses down. but you feel so small and helpless b/c they could be miles and miles away, or fucking next door to your house. you just never know.

:wub: Sorry to read about your bad luck Johnnymc. I too lost the my father's 12 gauge pump, my first .410 and my grandfather's handtooled saddle to thieves in '97.

So I feel your pain. Although I do find it quite curious that the rifles were left and the shotgun misssing. That does not seem logical to me at all. As much as I hate to say it, I'm betting on the sticky-fingered-cop theory.

I'll keep a lookout out here on the plains....frkbrd :killer::killer::killer:

For what it's worth, I had a speed freak take the door off my apartment to take a long barreled maadi and mossy 500 10 yrs ago. a few months ago, the Fire Bugs Inc returned the maadi. When l picked it up, it had a hellfire device and studs for a pintle mount installed. Point being that stolen guns sometimes do find their way back home and sometimes are better than when lost

Yep, thieves suck. Sorry for the loss of your weapon.

I don't mean the following as a flame or anything of that nature;

When I have any of my weapons in my vehicle, I am ultra paranoid. I installed a lock box in the floor of my extended cab in my truck. Even when my CCW pistol is in there and I am not in the truck, my thoughts are always on that pistol being in that truck.

I have a friend I shoot with on occasion, we were at an indoor range one day with another friend and when we finished up we planned on going to lunch. My first buddy said loudly enough where we were gonna meet for lunch in the store area. We got out to the parking lot and I pointed out his screw up and we changed lunch locations. Nothing like advertising where a bunch of firearms are going to be while you're not there for 45 minutes.

My firearms are my responsibility and I want to make sure they are as safe as can be for a couple of reasons; I don't want to be out a bunch of money even though none of my firearms are anything special, I also don't want to be indirectly responsible for any one getting hurt because of my carelessness.

Again, please don't read any flaming in my post, that isn't my intention.

When I have any of my weapons in my vehicle, I am ultra paranoid.

AMEN TO THAT....

Even when its locked up I still have visions of someone smashing windows because they "know whats in there" and want it bad...

It sucks...

When I have any of my weapons in my vehicle, I am ultra paranoid.

AMEN TO THAT....

Even when its locked up I still have visions of someone smashing windows because they "know whats in there" and want it bad...

It sucks...

Shit. that sux hard man, I'll keep the eye out down here in the southland and in the (extremely unlikely) event i see her, I'll curbstomp the shit out of the little subhuman that has her.

sympathies.... :cryss:

• 3 weeks later...