Since my 25/100 yard range review didn't seem to excite anybody, I'll prattle on.

At 100 yards, those of you with iron sights, what is your rear sight elevation--zero, 100 meters or that notch between zero and 100 which I'm thinking may be 50 meters. Then again I may be wrong.

How about a scope? Assuming I know little about them, or how they might be best tapped onto the rifle, what are your recommendations? I'm not thinking so much about long-distance shots, more like what is most effective at, say, 300 yards and less, for an old phuque with trifocals?

As mentioned earlier, I am pleased with the recoil. As someone here said, it's certainly not like running rounds of 12 gauge slugs--or 16 gauge for that matter. But I do notice the muzzle jump, which is sort of distracting. I'd like a muzzle brake but my barrel isn't threaded. I think bolt-ons are nowhere as good, but I see a couple out there that fit through the sight pin. I'm willing to give that a try if it will cut down on the bounce.

I liked both the Wolf Gold and Prvi Partisan, couldn't tell much difference in the accuracy, and that was shooting the Wolf out of the cccspec and the Prvi out of the factory polymer mag. No feeding probs with either.

Would like some tips on dialing in at 100 yards, scope advice accepted.

post-28276-0-71801800-1305241533_thumb.jpg

post-28276-0-63179000-1305241597_thumb.jpg

Running a PO4x24 myself, IMO the best thing there is for this rifle that you can buy without much fuss. Far superior to a POSP.

I sight in at 25 yards on the 2nd chevron with the scope set for 150 meters.

As for irons, pull up a ballistic table for the round you're firing and you'll see where the irons converge at close and long range and you can dial in accordingly.