Polishing bolt on 20 ga.

Nothing against the previous poster's advice, it's better not to mess around with irreplaceable parts if you are not already experienced with this mod.

If you know what you're doing though, you can really improve the way it loads on a closed bolt, and make it more reliable, by knowing exactly where and how to remove material. The amount that needs removed to get the desired effect, cannot be removed by just polishing it with rouge.

There will always be people who are afraid of messing up their gun, who will say the bolt mods are dangerous or not needed. Those folks have usually never seen or used one that has been properly re-profiled and polished. The S-20 is even more fickle than the S-12, and can use all the help it can get to cycle better with lower powered ammo.

The bolt looks a little differant on the 20 ga. Not as much material it seems.. Anyone polish the bolt on a 20? Thanks

Yep.

The one 3rd from the left in the triangle of the Izmash decal is a GlassBolt from an S-20.

GlassBolts008.jpg

I have systems for 410s & Rifles too.

Each mod for each platform takes different things into account regarding proportions.

All the extra reliability mods concerning FCG & all the other parts included in S-12's GlassBolt are also addressed.

I’d just work at it to blend and smooth not remove the metal, once it’s gone its rough putting it back on without a welder.

A correctly modified 20 bolt is a tank.

However, a while back, before I was a vendor here, someone else did mess up an S-20 bolt & carrier & I fixed them by adding steel & reprofiling; http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/56767-any-pics-of-an-unmodified-s-20-carrier/

Thanks for the info.. :super: Im going to contact Cobra when I'm ready to take the 20 apart. I really think I'll do everything Cobra offers. 12 gauge too. :super: