Trouble with the living trust?

One is one too many, but out of curiosity, how many people got into trouble due to their Quicken Trust or other non-lawyer trust since the dawn of using Living Trust for NFA? Also, the reason that got them in trouble. I searched around and only found one person.

They are rare, but the threat exists. The keep the copy of your trust that you are required to send in with your form 1 or form 4 and can revisit it at any time.

"Remember that even if the ATF approves an invalid trust, it does not make the transfer legal. ATF is approving a transfer to a non-existent entity, which you cannot comply with, and when you take possession it becomes illegal."

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had a problem with mine and I have amended it several times myself. If you do some DD in your state trust laws then this should be something you can do yourself, if you dont feel comfortable then hire an lawyer. I have spoken to my BATFE Examiner on many occation and they are more then willing to help if needed and if its within their scope of responsibilities.

Your results my vary,

MCASSgt New River

I have spoken to my BATFE Examiner on many occation and they are more then willing to help if needed and if its within their scope of responsibilities.

I know most of us have a dim view of the ATF, but I have found that the best way to keep on a bureaucrat's good side is to call him and ask for advice. Most bureaucrats, whether they're EPA, OSHA, or ATF, would much rather have people call them before something of questionable legality happens than to do the paperwork to report an illegal activity!

The phrase that pays here is "I'm trying to stay legal and would like some help".