AKDAL MKA-1919

That magazine is goofy looking.. I'd like to see more pictures of it from the other side and disassembled.

Buy one and make some new mags for it. :killer:

I am considering it.. However my projects list is REALLY long already. So I'll just call it a maybe for now.

I'd also want to wait and see what the other players are planning. And wait for five or six shipments of them to come in... It could end up like that SAS-12 that Century brought in... I can't invest in tooling until I see some guns piling up

• Like 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys need to remember, when the Saiga-12 first came out, there were NO accessories for it either.   What made it even worse, was the demand for the shotgun was extremely low as well, so no one w

I don't dislike the AR design so much as I dislike the 5.56x45 round.   So, these new Turkey guns are intriguing. If they MSRP for ~$700 that's not bad considering the current state of our econom

Looks like things are getting interesting in the world of shotguns as of late.... At least detachable box mags on shotguns are starting to really take off then, only took 100 years or so to get past t

Posted Images

I am considering it.. However my projects list is REALLY long already. So I'll just call it a maybe for now.

I'd also want to wait and see what the other players are planning. And wait for five or six shipments of them to come in... It could end up like that SAS-12 that Century brought in... I can't invest in tooling until I see some guns piling up

i thought that was a good thing to say, i just hit the wrong rep button. sorry buddy. i got quick fingers and bad aim tonight.

The mags are not goofy looking in person. They look stout, work smoothly and have a rubber bumper on the bottom plate. The gun runs well and is going to be a great platform going forward. It runs about the same ammo range as the S12.

Big deep magwell for direct insertion, mags that drop free, threaded for Remchokes, LR and manual BHO that WORKS PERFECTLY; this gun addresses many of the S12's shortcomings. It's not as easily modified as the S12, though. Most of the popular mods aren't something that a homebuilder could handle. Hell, it's extremely difficul justt to disassemble.

The mags are not goofy looking in person. They look stout, work smoothly and have a rubber bumper on the bottom plate. The gun runs well and is going to be a great platform going forward. It runs about the same ammo range as the S12.

Big deep magwell for direct insertion, mags that drop free, threaded for Remchokes, LR and manual BHO that WORKS PERFECTLY; this gun addresses many of the S12's shortcomings. It's not as easily modified as the S12, though. Most of the popular mods aren't something that a homebuilder could handle. Hell, it's extremely difficul justt to disassemble.

Is it simply another semi automatic shotgun rapped up in an AR looking shell?

I have been toying with an AR shotgun idea for a while now but I lack the skill, money, and time to bring it to life. Perhaps after I retire.

Bob keep it up and you guys are going to talk me into buying one.

Russian American Armory is the sole U.S. importer, and my understanding is they air-freighted the first 100 guns into the country at a considerable cost and are now shipping single test units to various people for evaluation. If all goes well, they will then bring in a container full on a cargo boat. I don't have any specifics as to when that might be. I don't know if the single test units that were sold to a few dealers and distributors will be resold or not. I suppose that is up to the dealers.

But my guess is that most dealers will shoot the gun a few hundred rounds then cash it in on GunStroker. I assure you....I am keeping mine.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I have been toying with an AR shotgun idea for a while now but I lack the skill, money, and time to bring it to life. Perhaps after I retire.

In a perfect world I'd want to buy a 12 gauge upper and mags for an AR-10. It's not a perfect world, and I'd like a safety that I can actually use under stress. So hmm.

Guys & Gals we will be offering the shotguns in the future but it will probably be a few months before we have them ready to ship . At this time RAA wants them thoroughly tested before releasing them for general sale . It is great that RAA wants to take the time to T&E the units before release to make sure they will stand up to the demands of the gun community. Once again Tromix is a pioneer in the development of another great aftermarket shotgun modification and accessory market .

I dont have one in hand to check yet (I will), but by chance, does that front sight line up with, say, an AK rail on a saiga that has a red dot on it, or can it be made to? or is it a bit off? seems high, the front sight, if i were to move it over to my saiga and try to colocate it with a dot.....

it almost looks on scale photos as if its damn near close, though....at least in the ballpark...

can one of you guys give me a tenth of an inch measurement where the bottom of the front sight post rests from the top edge of the barrel? or are you gonna make me wait.... :D

Edited by Ben Vampatella

Don't bother with it Ben. The front sight is a plastic piece and is clamped to the barrel.

The carry handle is about the same. Really they are the only weak points in an otherwise very nicely made gun.

Don't bother with it Ben. The front sight is a plastic piece and is clamped to the barrel.

The carry handle is about the same. Really they are the only weak points in an otherwise very nicely made gun.

Bob,

Is the action similar to any other currently mass produced shotgun i.e: Remington 1100, Winchester SX? Just curious if it based on a past design or did Akdal start with a clean sheet of paper on this one.

• 4 weeks later...