The only thing I really hate about sagias are

Ya but I hate built up crud in my guns. Plus I have noticed that after a lot of cheap wallmart stuff my saiga starts to malfunction, I have a suspicion it is because of the dirty gas chamber area.

Edited by setlab

Ya but I hate built up crud in my guns. Plus I have noticed that after a lot of cheap wallmart stuff my saiga starts to malfunction, I have a suspicion it is because of the dirty gas chamber area.

My suspicion is that your gas system isn't adequate.

The most rounds I've run consecutively is 229, and without a failure, of course. I have no issue whatsoever claiming it could go 500 rounds without any issues. 1000 would be a stretch, but I'd be willing to try.

Edited by TwentyNizzo

My suspicion is that your gas system isn't adequate.

The most rounds I've run consecutively is 229, and without a failure, of course. I have no issue whatsoever claiming it could go 500 rounds without any issues. 1000 would be a stretch, but I'd be willing to try.

After my 300 round dump video, I fired another 100 rounds, not including some slugs and buck (probably a total of 40 rounds max). With the gas regulator properly set from the start and fitted/broken in mags, I think a properly tuned S12 can go 100 rounds at a steady pace without cleaning. However, if it is allowed too cool for too long, I think the shit biscuit in the gas block could sieze the puck. If I had 40 more drums I would try it :smoke:

Evlblck: I think you should do a video testing how many rounds you can shoot before the fouling causes a failure. As you are shooting the 5 rounders, someone off camera could be reloading the drums for you. Also you should use all federal so if a failure occurs it couldn't be chalked up as the Winchester causing it. This would be a great test for you as we all know that your gun runs great.

On a side note, my gun also runs flawlessly but don't have enough drums/mags. I also do not even know how to post videos on utube, I'm sure I could figure it out but you have all the mags nessesary for this test.

What do you think? You have proven that you can physically do it. Lol

A buddy of mine bought an R&R Saiga about a year and a half ago and wanted to see how long it would run without cleaning. After 550 rounds he started to get FTEs and he asked me how to clean it. I explained how and told him to use a wire brush on the puck. He said "I would but I'm afraid to damage the o-rings on the puck". O-rings, what o-rings? He had built up a solid carbon deposit in both grooves in the puck and thought they were supposed to be there. Ran like champ after cleaning.

Doug

Evlblck: I think you should do a video testing how many rounds you can shoot before the fouling causes a failure. As you are shooting the 5 rounders, someone off camera could be reloading the drums for you. Also you should use all federal so if a failure occurs it couldn't be chalked up as the Winchester causing it. This would be a great test for you as we all know that your gun runs great.

On a side note, my gun also runs flawlessly but don't have enough drums/mags. I also do not even know how to post videos on utube, I'm sure I could figure it out but you have all the mags nessesary for this test.

What do you think? You have proven that you can physically do it. Lol

I think.... Fuck those 5 rounders :cryss: If Mike has another $80 drum sale or will give me bulk pricing, I may buy some more of them and do another insane run. 1000 rounds out of 50 drums might fit in a 10 minute video, but I would probably have to use an aluminum handguard and vert grip because of the heat issue. I would be proud to be the guy to do it, but I don't have as much money as it may seem at times. Ammo isn't a big deal, but mag cost is the problem.

I dont see why the test has to be consecutively fired rounds. If anything, letting the gun cool down, waiting a day between shooting, etc. is 1) more realistic of use and 2) probably tougher on the gun as the fouling will solidify and possibly lock up the puck.

I was using a King Armory gas puck in mine, and shot 345 rounds through it with no problem. Flawless. Fast fire, drum dumps, plinking. Mixture of winchester cheap stuff, federal cheap stuff and about 50% or more winchester 00Buck and slugs. Never had a problem or misfire/misfeed all day long. I clean it every time I take it out, gas tube and everything, completely dissasemble and grease it up and oil it before the next outing. Clean is happy.