Read your letter to the ATF regarding shotgun importation.

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/shotgun-study-responses/0306-shotgun-study-responses.pdf'

Well anything and everything you put in the letter is posted online.. Including your email address and mailing address.

I just want to thank David for emailing me about this. Just wanted to pass it along.

(Mods feel free to change title as you see fit and move as you see fit)

• Like 3
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a psychological response from the ATF to discourage you from ever emailing them again.   Do not let it discourage you. All emails sent to the ATF are subject to FOIA requests if you ever wan

I still don't see the problem, your physical address is a matter of public record, so is your phone number. Anyone can find either with the right amount of perseverance and knowing which public build

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/shotgun-study-responses/0306-shotgun-study-responses.pdf'     Well anything and everything you put in the letter is posted online.. Including your email address and ma

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/shotgun-study-responses/0306-shotgun-study-responses.pdf'

Well anything and everything you put in the letter is posted online.. Including your email address and mailing address.

I just want to thank David for emailing me about this. Just wanted to pass it along.

(Mods feel free to change title as you see fit and move as you see fit)

And phone numbers of those who sent theirs.

unbelievable!

Really though, it is not THAT totally unbelievable.

Not really, I should have said 'apalling!' That better says the emotion I was trying to convey.

It is absolutley not 'unbelievable' at all.

I skimmed through the emails and there are some really thoughtfull, well written responses. There is also an incredible amount of spam, did anybody at ATF even look at this stuff?

Doug

No, the purpose of collecting comments was to both intimidate people by requiring them to provide names/addressess and to build personnal profiles on those who did comment. They are going to do whatever they can get away with. I suspect that most comments were either not read or definatly not taken seriously.

As far as I am concerned, the ATF is a domestic enemy to the U.S. Constitution.

• Like 3

Mine's in there. And no, it's not one of the ones with run-on sentences and 50 misspelled words. :ph34r:

As far as them posting the information, that's total low rent bullshit. I also believe it to be a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974 as they have collected and made public personally identifiable information without consent or ability to decline.

We'll see what happens. I've already emailed my state rep and both senators. Some of the other individuals who were notified about the emails, such as myself, by a 3rd party are apparently seeking legal opinion on this as well.

Either way - Fuck the ATF.

Edited by TheGerman
  • Like 2

Mine's in there. And no, it's not one of the ones with run-on sentences and 50 misspelled words. :ph34r:

As far as them posting the information, that's total low rent bullshit. I also believe it to be a violation of the Privacy Act of 1974 as they have collected and made public personally identifiable information without consent or ability to decline.

We'll see what happens. I've already emailed my state rep and both senators. Some of the other individuals who were notified about the emails, such as myself, by a 3rd party are apparently seeking legal opinion on this as well.

Either way - Fuck the ATF.

They think that they can do whatever they want.

They LIKE being referred to as ATF.

They HATE BATF or BATFE.

These clowns long the the respectability of the 3-letter organizations. FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.

They wish that they were a repectable law enforcement agency. BATFE that is :haha:

Check out this website:

http://cleanupatf.org/forums/

Apparently it is a website for disgruntled BATFE agents to bitch. I just might have to unleash Patriot12 on that site and create a little chaos :super:

Edited by Crusader

I skimmed through the emails and there are some really thoughtfull, well written responses. There is also an incredible amount of spam, did anybody at ATF even look at this stuff?

Doug

Probably not. BATFE too busy setting grass fires in West Texas.

:rolleyes:

Yakdung

I don't think they care what anybody thinks. This whole "study" has been window dressing to give that illusion. If these were actually read by anybody, then how do you explain the inclusion of spam and other emails sent to the ATF about totally unrelated personal cases? I'm sure all these emails were merely electronically scanned for any language that they deem to be threatening to them and their evil empire so they could pounce on and punish someone for venting their anger. Then just toss them out there with everyone's personal information, including many who had identified themselves as LE, probably to send a message to everyone about commenting negatively in the future. None of this surprises me and that's why I didn't participate in their little dog and pony show.

Here is one of my favorite replys to the Shotgun Study, page 21:

"From: Benita Ben [bbenita23@yahoo.com]

Posted At: Monday, February 14, 2011 4:33 PM

Conversation: Hi

Posted To: Shotgun Study

Subject: Hi

Hello,

How are you? It is my pleasure to contact you, for friendship, my name is Benita nice looking young girl, i will

be happy to read from you. Waiting to read from you.

Benita"

Perhaps someone at ATF will find love and leave the rest of us alone!

Doug

• Like 3

Doug

Yakdung

Heard about that did ya? Yeah, we're pretty pissed about it too, I mean, who in their right mind would set off explosives on grassland that hasn't seen any rain this year?

Doug

Yakdung

Heard about that did ya? Yeah, we're pretty pissed about it too, I mean, who in their right mind would set off explosives on grassland that hasn't seen any rain this year?

Jack Booted Thugs, thats who.

• Like 1

Doug

Yakdung

Jack Booted Thugs, thats who.

The same people who would fill a building with flammable gas and ignite it to "subdue" the residents.

• Like 2

Doug

Yakdung

Comrade Zero sends aid to Mexico and ignores Texas. Folks in Texas really don't like this asshole and can't wait for him to go. Why Zero still has approval ratings in the 40% range is puzzling to me. Hope someone beats him come election time, or I might wind up jumping off of the nearest bridge.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2719143/posts

Yakdung

I took a close look at this site:

Check out this website:

http://cleanupatf.org/forums/

These people have real problems. Morale seems really low in the BATFE. Thats good, maybe they will all quit and get a real job.

Looks like a Honeypot to me. I wouldn't get near that site.

Yakdung

It probably is. We now know that the comments that required names and addresses was a honeypot.

Edited by Crusader