Read your letter to the ATF regarding shotgun importation.

I took a close look at this site:

Check out this website:

http://cleanupatf.org/forums/

These people have real problems. Morale seems really low in the BATFE. Thats good, maybe they will all quit and get a real job.

Looks like a Honeypot to me. I wouldn't get near that site.

Yakdung

It probably is. We now know that the comments that required names and addresses was a honeypot.

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a psychological response from the ATF to discourage you from ever emailing them again.   Do not let it discourage you. All emails sent to the ATF are subject to FOIA requests if you ever wan

I still don't see the problem, your physical address is a matter of public record, so is your phone number. Anyone can find either with the right amount of perseverance and knowing which public build

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/shotgun-study-responses/0306-shotgun-study-responses.pdf'     Well anything and everything you put in the letter is posted online.. Including your email address and ma

what did you guys really exspect?remember what you are dealing with.now the batfags have more names and addresses to add to there list when they go knocking or kicking in doors.thats what you get for beliving that you still live in america.

Edited by bigmegina

No, cleanuptheatf is the real deal. That's where Mike Vanderboegh developed the contacts for Gunwalker. IIRC you'll various postings from them in Senator Grassely's missives to Eric "My People"Holder.

YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!! :P

So, I hear there was a surge of Safe sales as well as house alarms & survalence systems right after people realized they posted that... :unsure:

So the next question, is can they be held accountable if someone gets harmed by someone who uses the addresses there for a shopping list?

My email wasn't in there. :(

That is nowhere near all of them. It appears this is "as of March 3rd"

So, I hear there was a surge of Safe sales as well as house alarms & survalence systems right after people realized they posted that... :unsure:

So the next question, is can they be held accountable if someone gets harmed by someone who uses the addresses there for a shopping list?

What makes you think anyone other then a few forum members even know about it?

Because every gun forum in the country is shitting cinderblocks sideways over this ATF shotgun stuff & there just HAS to be at least 1 scheming tweeker up all hours of the night that'll run across them.

• Like 2

Because every gun forum in the country is shitting cinderblocks sideways over this ATF shotgun stuff & there just HAS to be at least 1 scheming tweeker up all hours of the night that'll run across them.

Every gun forum in the country? Shitting cinderblocks sideways? That must be an extreme exaggeration.

I have checked around, and not very many are on the up & up about the study. Nor have I seen hardly any mention of the responses being publicized on any other site so far. Maybe I am not looking hard enough. Yea I am sure that a couple hundred are aware, but I doubt that a largedecent percentage of those who have sent a response are anywhere near aware they have been publicized for the world to know.

Edited by beefcakeb0

My email wasn't in there. :(

Doesn't matter, they obviously haven't read them. Notice the spam. All they were doing is collecting names and addresses.

Probably not. They seem to be able to do whatever the hell they want.

Every gun forum in the country? Shitting cinderblocks sideways? That must be an extreme exaggeration.

I have checked around, and not very many are on the up & up about the study. Nor have I seen hardly any mention of the responses being publicized on any other site so far. Maybe I am not looking hard enough. Yea I am sure that a couple hundred are aware, but I doubt that a largedecent percentage of those who have sent a response are anywhere near aware they have been publicized for the world to know.

This news broke close to midnight on friday. The NRA was just notified yesterday morning. More will be heard of this BATFE blunder this week.

If so that could be another class action suite.......problem is, unless someone like the IRA takes up the legal fees......who can compete with the government? If they need more money for legal fees, they just steal it from us!

True.^^ But I wonder if their legal fees would come out of their yearly budget. If so, they would have less $ and time for infringing on our rights. For that year at least.

Their legal fees will come out of their appropriated budget.

Edited by Crusader

:killer:

.......problem is, unless someone like the IRA takes up the legal fees......who can compete with the government?

Do you really think we're at that point already?

Freudian slip? :haha:

111Resistance.jpg

ira276.jpg

Thats the Irish coming out in me.......actually teased the wife about that once....told her I meant to sign up my son for the NRA and he joined the IRA instead

EDIT: now that I'm thinking about it......thats why I made my icon with my son as you can see.....that was when I told her that joke

Edited by Saiga Power

So who is

Cooksey, Roberta B.???

My guess is either the person who filed the FOIA request in March or maybe whomever compiled the results?

I was wondering the same thing as the email address of the person who notified everyone on 'the list' is not that person.

I am guessing that it is the person who all of the emails go to whenever you sent them to the BATF through the appropriated email address for the shotgun 'study'.

Secondly, besides this releasing my address, name and email address together I don't have an issue with it. The personal information being aired in such a place is the problem; God only knows what anti-gun sites/people/organizations have compiled the information and to what use they think they can ever use it for. There was no disclaimer that this would be posted on a federal website for all to see and there was no 'Read This, Click I Agree' beforehand. That's my problem with this.

I'm not worried about much else. I've fought in 2 wars on 2 continents for 2 different countries. Everyone around me knows I have many firearms, train and am very right winged. They also know I don't cause problems and to simply stay out of my way and there will be no problems. I live a somewhat 'normal' life, am educated and keep my shit in order. Me being on this list didn't let anyone know more than I already allowed them to know about me. Besides this being a low rent move, all it did was probably move me up a few notches on whatever bullshit list they had me on anyways.

..i.. there's my finger. That's how much I care about their lists.

Edited by TheGerman
  • Like 1

I still don't see the problem, your physical address is a matter of public record, so is your phone number. Anyone can find either with the right amount of perseverance and knowing which public buildings to visit...

As far as people using your address since they now know that you have an S-12 and assume you have a job where you leave your house unattended during the day... Well, I learned a long time ago that when the government opens up a forum for comments, anyone with a negative comment pays for it one way or another. I only bit that cookie once...

• Like 1

I still don't see the problem, your physical address is a matter of public record, so is your phone number. Anyone can find either with the right amount of perseverance and knowing which public buildings to visit...

Its not that the information is obtainable. It is that a government agency, responsible for receiving comments, and enforcing laws...is taking the information requested and publicizing it.

Its not that the information is obtainable. It is that a government agency, responsible for receiving comments, and enforcing laws...is taking the information requested and publicizing it.

And?

I'm serious here, I really don't understand what the problem is. Not that I'm going to be childish and -1 your post or anything... :rolleyes:

This is a psychological response from the ATF to discourage you from ever emailing them again.

Do not let it discourage you. All emails sent to the ATF are subject to FOIA requests if you ever want to see the real public response to anything they try to do.

This was a ploy to enable them to limit response to later rulings that people object to, which will allow them to say that they received limited negative response to any shit they pull.

Once again, do not let this ploy keep you from expressing dissent at shit they try to deprive us of our rights.

• Like 4

As far as people using your address since they now know that you have an S-12 and assume you have a job where you leave your house unattended during the day... Well, I learned a long time ago that when the government opens up a forum for comments, anyone with a negative comment pays for it one way or another. I only bit that cookie once...

So what cookie did you take a bite out of and what happened?

I'm curious as to how they have 'made someone pay' in the past.

This is a psychological response from the ATF to discourage you from ever emailing them again.

Do not let it discourage you. All emails sent to the ATF are subject to FOIA requests if you ever want to see the real public response to anything they try to do.

This was a ploy to enable them to limit response to later rulings that people object to, which will allow them to say that they received limited negative response to any shit they pull.

Once again, do not let this ploy keep you from expressing dissent at shit they try to deprive us of our rights.

That was about my take on it as well.

There is a difference between whats legal, whats right and whats tactful. While I still believe this was a violation of the privacy act, it is only clear that there are a bunch of dicks with an agenda at the BATF.

• Like 1

So what cookie did you take a bite out of and what happened?

I'm curious as to how they have 'made someone pay' in the past.

Well, while in the military, (if signing up for the military isn't enough) I filled out an "anonymous" eval on one of my superiors...

Are you kidding?!! This study was the source of informative articles in all NRA publications, as well as most of the popular stuff off the shelf in Wally world (ex. Guns & Ammo). AR-15.com (arguably the largest gun website) has had forums on this since it came out in January. They ALL referenced contacting the ATF and voicing your opinions. This study has alot more ramifications than just trying to ban Saiga shotguns! Seriously, did you read the study? This is huge!!! In fact, there isn't anything in the study that would specifically ban Saiga's (as they are imported), but it would have everything to do with banning whatever they wanted. While I am concerned about private information being leaked publicly, I'm sure you all know that websites like these are being watched for terrorist activity. WE are the enemy, and they will stop at nothing to disarm us. Personally, I would like to know if someone that sent in a letter has had any problems with the ATF recently. Anyone having trouble getting an SBS, SBR, FFL?