fun at the range well kind of

Well today I went to the range. Just some Skeet shooting. Well 3 rounds in the bho retreated into the reciver.20 minutes later had managed to work it back down so I went ahead and removed the bho lever and spring. Should I leave it out or fix it and put it back in?

Edited by kindapointless

First, did you work on the FCG at all and re-shape any of the parts? I'm not familiar with what exactly could cause this but this is my first thought.

Second, you need to delete your post and seek an answer from a smith or offline with appropriate experts. (edited as OP took the smart move)

Edited by spaniel
  • Like 1

your sear may have gotten stuck. When you pull the trigger the bolt brings the hammer back and when you have the trigger still pulled back it grabs it, when you release the trigger to pull for the next shot it releases the hammer to be grabbed by the trigger. Unload the weapon,pull the dust cover off and hold the trigger back. pull the bolt back and watch it . it should go down and get grabbed by the sear. You can move the hammer manually as well for a better view.

http://www.ak-47.us/AK47_Parts.php#31

half way down the page is a picture that will label the parts

Edited by utahhandyman

Don't listen to spaniel obviously he doesn't know what he's talking about.

If you want to keep the BHO your best bet is to make a notch in the BHO where the spring sits and also put a slight bend in the spring .. check this video out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7EWIDhMGo

Edited, but if you were a bigger man you would apologize for the unwarranted attack on someone just trying to save a fellow board member some problems.

Edited by spaniel

Alright genius, since you feel the need to get personal:

Anyone who admits to a full auto discharge on the internet, no matter what the cause, is playing with fire. There are plenty of ways to get an answer through gunsmiths or PMs to appropriate folks on here without publicly stating that you have a weapon that will discharge in full auto.

Well today I went to the range. Just some Skeet shooting. Well 3 rounds in the bho retreated into the reciver.20 minutes later had managed to work it back down so I went ahead and removed the bho lever and spring. Should I leave it out or fix it and put it back in?

Who said anything about full-auto?

If you want to keep the BHO your best bet is to make a notch in the BHO where the spring sits and also put a slight bend in the spring .. check this video out too:

Spaniel did know what he was talking about and that situation was rectified before your post.

CSS sells the spring for like a buck, and will have it TO you in 48 hours usually... thats gonna be your fastest replacement and likely least expensive as well. Greg at CSS is the man.

as for actually replaceing it... not sure how much you actually USE the BHO.... but I've observed alot of folks at the ranges near my place, and very few use em on any firearm. YMMV but I toyed strongly with just not reinstalling mine, eventually decided to go ahead if for no other reason than to fill the gap in the trigger guard that was cut out for it.

ROFL, ain't that the sad damn truth of it? LOL.... every time I log into his websight its like hitting the local gunshow with cash in my pocket... I'm gonna come home with no cash.. and something new I don't have room to store or time to shoot LOL

he did not say it fired full auto 3 rounds,he said after only firing 3 rounds the bho spring came off.that happened to me also.the lever went into the receiver and it was a big pita to get it out.i also have the notched bho lever and bent spring.all i did was buy another safety lever on the ak boards for $10 and ground a slot in it.works great.you can modify your stock safety,but for $10 i did not want to do it to mine.if you do not want to do what i did you can buy 1 all done for more money.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-271/Krebs-Saiga-Ak47-Safety/Detail

From the David Olofson case, the guy who spent a good amount of time in prison for a similar incident:

"The prosecution advanced an argument, one that it consistently made throughout the trial, that: "a machine gun is any weapon that shoots more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger." whether Olofson's AR-15 shot more than one shot at the single pull of the trigger as a result of a "hammer follow" malfunction "makes no difference under the statute: If you pull the trigger of a firearm once and it fires more than one round, no matter what the cause, it's a machine gun."

This argument, BS as it may be, was good enough to put the man behind bars for several years. Anyone who admits to a full auto discharge on the internet, no matter what the cause, is playing with fire. There are plenty of ways to get an answer through gunsmiths or PMs to appropriate folks on here without publicly stating that you have a weapon that will discharge in full auto.

Regarding what exact modification to the FCG may cause full auto, notice I clearly stated I was not familiar with that. However it does not take a genius to know that somehow the hammer followed forward, and reshaping parts of the FCG -- like the sear -- is a potential cause. Given the significant mods many make to these guns to get them working right, it's a logical first question.

Alright Einstein, riddle me this: How the fuck can a malfunctioning or missing BHO cause doubling or full auto fire????

Anxiously awaiting your obviously witty reply... :rolleyes:

The first post has been heavily edited, you missed the show.

Anyone who admits to a full auto discharge on the internet, no matter what the cause, is playing with fire. There are plenty of ways to get an answer through gunsmiths or PMs to appropriate folks on here without publicly stating that you have a weapon that will discharge in full auto.

Who said anything about full-auto?

LOL. Spaniel sure got quiet after that one. :lolol:

Alright Einstein, riddle me this: How the fuck can a malfunctioning or missing BHO cause doubling or full auto fire????

Anxiously awaiting your obviously witty reply... :rolleyes:

I never claimed to know and if I knew how to create such a situation intentionally or accidentally do you think I would post it here and create a liability for myself? You don't get it yet do you?

Hey now no raising hell on spaniel he was correct and I edited my post with the quickness I was just kind of freaked out and unthinking and he thankfully pointed out my error BTW there was no reprofileing just a piece of the bho spring stuck in another moving part.