Russian American Armory (Saiga Importer)

I am a long time lurker and AK owner. I have two modified Saiga-12s, a MAC-90 an NMH-91, a SAR-1 and two SAR-2s.

I sent a ugly e-mail to Izmash and RAA earlier this month. I indicated that there a a lot of unhappy US customers who bought guns and now have no factory support including parts. Izmash should not have allowed their product line to be subject to a gap in importers. I indicated that if they fail to supply mags, somone will reverse engineer the mags and may even make improvements to the design. It looks like Tony Rumore is working on such a mag.

I received the following response to my e-mail today:

Dear Sir,

I want to introduce myself to you I will be awsnering the phone and the e-mails my name is Debbie. We are the new importers for the Izhmash Saiga line. We are in the process of setting our warehouse up and we were waiting for our license. We are expecting out first shipment to arrive end of August or somewhere around there. We are only selling to Distributors, so you would need to go to your closest Dealer and ask them if there Distributor is going to carry Saiga line and accessories or you can have your dealer tell there Distributor to contact us and let us know what they would like for us to bring in on one of our shipments. The address and phone #'s that you got off the internet are not correct,the new address and phone number and e-mail is as follows:

Russian American Armory Company

677 S Cardinal Lane

Scottsburg, IN 47170

Phone:1-812-752-2894

E-mail RAACAK@aol.com

I am sorry that no one has answer you back in a timely manner, but we are now available to answer any questions that you may have. Please refer all your questions to the phone # and e-mail address above. We are also going to have a website which will be coming very soon.

Thank you very much,

Debbie Woods

RAACAK@aol.com

Russian American Armory Company

Homer Van Fleet

President

(The above information is exactly what e-mail provided, typos and all).

Yep, I have been talking to them for over a month now. They dont know what prices are going to be yet, and they dont know what is coming on the first shipment. Also, the opening buy for distributors is going to be 1000 guns. Yes, that is one THOUSAND.

Also, the opening buy for distributors is going to be 1000 guns. Yes, that is one THOUSAND.

For a nationwide distributor like RSR, Acusport, Horton's, etc. (as opposed to a dealer), that's not really a big deal, especially if mixing and matching is allowed (ie 200 S-12, 300 S-7.62, etc.).

What's important here is that it does look like there's a light at the end of this tunnel, and the new import company is hard at work trying to get product back in-country. And that's good news for everybody here!

SKSMAN is not the new importer. RAA is the new importer and have the signed agreements with the Russians to back up that claim. I bet sksman doesn't have squat. Email them and ask them how many they have and what quantities they require you to purchase to become a dealer. I bet they give you some BS reason why they are not opening dealers, if they reply at all.

MAKC,

How about we offer Russian American Armory Company a subforum of their own here like AR-15.Com and AK-47.Net does for major gun companies. RAAC would have direct feedback from the target consumers they are trying to attract. We could offer suggestions (i.e. 8 rnd. mags.) and product reviews. Hopefully, this could get back to Izmash and more accessories could come available.

RonSwin

MAKC,

How about we offer Russian American Armory Company a subforum of their own here like AR-15.Com and AK-47.Net does for major gun companies.

An interesting idea, but given that RAAC is strictly an importer and not a wholesaler or dealer, input from end users would be of minimal value. RAAC's direct customers, ie the national wholesalers, are the ones who are going to get listened to. Once RAAC gets its distribution chain set up, those folks are are the ones to whom we should direct our requests and suggestions.

Plus, I daresay that RAAC's time is better spent doing their job getting Saiga-related product in-country, than answering the same silly questions (when will products be here, what's the pricing like, will 8-rounders be imported, etc etc) over and over on this forum. Plus, I suspect the... um... enthusiasm... of some of our members might be a bit off-putting. :devil:

The importer is the precise company we need input to. If they believe the Saiga 12 market is marginal they will give those shotguns low priority (as EAA did!) and we will see very few shotguns and hundreds of Saiga rifles. If we tell them what WE need and want a "middleman" won't re-interpret it. If we want 8 round magazines and different chokes then tell the people actually bringing the shotguns to America. Personally, I would buy the 12C SWAT model in a heartbeat ,but Acme Resellers could care less. Izmash and RAAC need to know what we want to buy.

RonSwin

MAKC,

How about we offer Russian American Armory Company a subforum of their own here like AR-15.Com and AK-47.Net does for major gun companies.

An interesting idea, but given that RAAC is strictly an importer and not a wholesaler or dealer, input from end users would be of minimal value. RAAC's direct customers, ie the national wholesalers, are the ones who are going to get listened to. Once RAAC gets its distribution chain set up, those folks are are the ones to whom we should direct our requests and suggestions.

Plus, I daresay that RAAC's time is better spent doing their job getting Saiga-related product in-country, than answering the same silly questions (when will products be here, what's the pricing like, will 8-rounders be imported, etc etc) over and over on this forum. Plus, I suspect the... um... enthusiasm... of some of our members might be a bit off-putting. :devil:

If we tell them what WE need and want a "middleman" won't re-interpret it.  If we want 8 round magazines and different chokes then tell the people actually bringing the shotguns to America.  Personally, I would buy the 12C SWAT model in a heartbeat ,but Acme Resellers could care less.  Izmash and RAAC need to know what we want to buy.

Point taken, but if "Acme Resellers" isn't interested in selling the -12C SWAT because it's too "un-PC" or they simply don't know a market exists (because they haven't heard from us), what good would it do for RAAC to import them?

Guess we need to work both ends of the chain...