Well my wife and daughter were going to wallmart to go shopping...their usual weekend activity so I ask if they could pick up a few things for me...a box of sporting clays, some ear plugs and four boxes of shells. Since there are so many types of shells out there I used my copier to copy the side of the box for her. Federal Game Loads $4.67 a box. 7 1/2 or 6 or 8 it didn't matter but they should look like what is in the picture....which showed the muzzle velocity of 1290 FPS on the box.

Well after dinner I ask if she remembered my stuff from wallmart and she says it's out in the back of the car. So I go out there and there are my clays and a bag in the back of the car. I look in the bag and what the fuck, there is a big box of Winchester Universal. So I go back into the house trying to be nice and ask why she bought me Winchester Universal and she says she showed the picture to the guy at Wallmart and he said they didn't have any but this other Winchester Universal was just as good and came in a 100 round box and that it should work just fine for me. WTF. So I will return it tomorrow to a closer wallmart---not the super 24 hour wallmart 1/2 hour away out in the boonies. No problem it's sunday night anyway. But then I look at the receipt and the bottom line says all ammo sales are final. So now I'm getting a little more pissed so I get on the phone and call the manager and rant at him for a couple minutes. Telling him Win Universal is shitty ammo that won't cycle my gun among other things....So he says "come back in, I can't take the ammo but I will give you your money back and you can keep the ammo." So I get his name...(Can't stress how important that is in all situations...so I follow my own advice and ask his name.) So my money back and the ammo seems like a good deal to me so I figure I better go out there while the getting is good.

So there I go, with my daughter in tow, driving to bum fuck no where down a state highway, in the dark, in the rain, to go to wallmart to get my money back on this ammo they talked my wife into. So we walk in and go to customer service and the lady asks if she can help me. So I gave her my wifes receipt and my copy of the ammo I wanted and told her Ryan told me to come in to get my money back. ...and she says "where is the ammo?" and I tell her out in the back of my car. Of course the guy I talked to on the phone (who was the shift manager) is no where to be found. So the lady says follow me and starts hiking toward the ammo section and there are these two employees talking in the isle. She shows them the picture and asks "do we have this ammo" and one of the guys pipes up "no we don't and I was the one who sold her this other stuff...we looked on the box and they were almost the same." he says as he walks to where the winchester is and points at it. So I said they are not the same and the muzzle velocity is 1200 as compared to 1290 on the federal...just like the picture shows. And then I realize I am in front of the shotgun ammo case so I look at the bottom shelf and there they are...my Federal Game Loads...7 1/2 shot just like in my picture. $4.67 a box. Well then the guy says "well I don't know...I don't shoot"

Needless to say the looks going around between those wallmart folks were like daggers. That lady was not happy. Meanwhile Ryan calls and tells her to give me a refund and she tells him they have my ammo I want and the Winchester is in the back of my car. So he tells her he doesn't want the Winchester back and to give me a refund or exchange it for the Federal. So I buy 100 rounds of Federal and now they are trying to figure out how to give me the extra cash back... I was digging in my pocket for some change so I could buy another box of ammo but they figured it out and gave me $4.66 back. So Winchester Universal wasn't even a good deal money wise as 100 rounds was $4.66 more then Federal. So now I have a box of Win Universal...that no one wants. what should I do with it save it for my 870??? I have always wondered if my gun would actually cycle it as it really will eat most stuff but I can't really expect a military assualt shotgun to cycle 1200 FPS shells so I have never bought any before.

...and to top it all off when we are walking out my 11 y/o daughter tells me..Dad I knew they had it because I saw it. I knew exactly what you wanted because I go to wallmart with you all the time. So I asked her why she didn't tell her mom....and she says she was on the internet on the phone and was trying to get on ebay so she could snipe something.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait ...What???   So you went through all that (getting yourself, your Wife, Your Daughter, & a group min-wage Walmart employees all stressed out) without knowing if your S12 will cycle it ??

Id look at it as getting free ammo, a few bucks AND a chance to see if your gun will eat the worst of the worst ammo.... plus, if it doesn't, you said you have an 870 right? its a win win!

There have been times when my wife was going to Walmart and I would think "Hey I could use some ammo". Then I remember the old saying "Never send a woman to do mans work." And the Walmart employee cre

If you can cycle that game load stuff, you should be able to cycle win universal okay. I never encountered any more problems with it than the federal bulk pack, but I know it has a bad rap here.I think the biggest issue with it is the soft plastic hull that can deform and cause FTFs. The federal shells are stiffer.

Edited by TwentyNizzo

There have been times when my wife was going to Walmart and I would think "Hey I could use some ammo". Then I remember the old saying "Never send a woman to do mans work." And the Walmart employee creedo "Stupid is as stupid does". Sorry about your frustration TTF.

• Like 1

Id look at it as getting free ammo, a few bucks AND a chance to see if your gun will eat the worst of the worst ammo.... plus, if it doesn't, you said you have an 870 right? its a win win! :super:

Really. Other than having to deal with annoying people (and a drive), you made out pretty well.

• Like 1

(EDITED: Response to GrimmLV)

That IS true.....But I just always file walmart as annoying in the first place, so I was just trying to look on the brighter side. (Cant name how many times ive had them hand me the wrong stuff, or told me they had something that they didnt ETC)

Edited by Desolo

Off topic, but I bought a turkey permit in a hurry there once only to find out at 3:00 the next morning on the way to surprise some birds they sold me a fishing permit. Hunting trip ruined.

Mine cycles Winshester all day long.

REALLY DUDE!!!!............. free box of ammo, you made out next time tear the top flap of box & give it to her or go YOURSELF

REALLY! I did go myself. In the middle of the night in the fucking rain because some asshole sold my wife something she wasn't looking for without looking on the shelf. She had a xerox copy of the boxtop in her hand. and as for a free 100 rd box of ammo....If you're ever in town I will give it to you.

I have always wondered if my gun would actually cycle

Wait

...What???

So you went through all that (getting yourself, your Wife, Your Daughter, & a group min-wage Walmart employees all stressed out) without knowing if your S12 will cycle it ???

WOW!

So... how is it that you can argue that its crap (and that it doesnt work in your S12) if you never tried it before ???

My S12 shot WIn-Uni right out of the box, & thats what I shoot for cheap every time

I never even tried the Federal.

Heck If you can shoot the Federal, I bet the WIn-Uni will work just fine

I decided to read your post because I assumed you had a valid rant to read

How about this... heres my rant...

Why don't you go appologies to your wife & daughter for dragging them through a mess that didnt needed to be created (and tell them thank you for picking up some ammo). Than if you have the balls... go tell the manager you appreciate their service and offer to refund your money back, and that you're very appreciative of the free ammo they gave you. Tell them that in order to heighten the state of the problem, you lied to them and told them that its crap ammo that didnt work in your gun. Tell them that you actually never tried the ammo before and you didnt know how good or bad it was. Then after you shoot it... Come back to tell us all that it works just fine, and that (hopefully) you've learned something in life about not jumping to conclusions and causing a mess (that drug a whole group of people into it) when it wasn't even warranted.

And if you don't have the ball...

After you go shoot it and find out it actually works fine ...just hide the fact that it works. Hide it from you wife, your daughter (& never lead on to the walmart peeps that it works) then come back and lie on the forum and tell us it doesnt work ...so you can feel better about the mess you drug everyone through

Rant off

• Like 3

REALLY DUDE!!!!............. free box of ammo, you made out next time tear the top flap of box & give it to her or go YOURSELF

REALLY! I did go myself. In the middle of the night in the fucking rain because some asshole sold my wife something she wasn't looking for without looking on the shelf. She had a xerox copy of the boxtop in her hand. and as for a free 100 rd box of ammo....If you're ever in town I will give it to you.

Your wife is just as much to blame for either not saying "no I don't want that", or not being able to tell it wasnt the same stuff. (which as you states the walmart employee told her its wasnt the same stuff.

Mistakes were made "all"-around.

It happens! ...I don't see the big deal about it (but it seems you wanted to make a deal out of it, and play the blame-game) ...& your still caught-up on it

How about just go shooting ...that will help you get over it

Heck I don't even know why this is getting to me

Sorry for being an ass

...I'm going to take my own advice and go shooting right now!

I hope you feel better about it soon

Regards

p.s.

Go try that ammo ...I really think it'll work

Edited by ItsAllCreated
  • Like 1

...and my gun doesn't cycle 1250 FPS Federal so why would it cycle 1200 FPS winchester??? and it doesn't cycle the black box winchester handicap stuff. Does cycle the Win Xpert with 1325 and 1550 FPS, slugs and remington buck and of course the cheapy stuff...1290 FPS Federal.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

I was in a similar situation... the damn Federal stuff sells faster and they only had the Winny crap. I got the Winchester stuff to function 99% flawlessly by adjusting the auto plug. The shells don't fly far, ~3', but they work.

I bought some federal bulk pack #7 1/2 that is 1200 fps it fires fine, also have some Winchester super target #7 that is 1200 fps that also fires fine. I would try it out before complaining about it. Its not all about their rated fps, although it does make a difference.

I guess my question is did your wife win the item on ebay? Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Im very suprised how walmart handles the ammo. I have gone a few times and the cabinets have been unlocked and they laugh about it. This reminds me I need to get some more ammo from there.

federal bulk pack is 1200 fps, and if you can cycle the game load, I don't see why you can't cycle bulk pack. The game load is definitely a noticeably weaker round than the bulk pack when firing, despite the fact it's 1290 fps. The reason is because it's only 1 ounce of shot.

I don't think you should apologize to anyone. You made it easy for them, hell, you even gave them a picture! If they worked at McDonald's they'd know how to match up a picture to what you actually want, but apparently these Wal-Mart employees are too stupid to land their dream job at McDonald's...

It's all very simple, your wife went in there with a picture of what was needed, dummy behind the counter couldn't figure out what to do so he sold her the wrong stuff because he thought they didn't have it when they very clearly did. If anything, they should be apologizing profusely to you!

Still though, I gotta say that you got $20 worth of ammo for free, and most of the Wal-Marts that I know of don't sell ammo after 10 P.M. so I'd say that even though you are out a little gas and some headache, you still made out.

I say try the ammo, if it doesn't work, then save some to try after any future reliability mods...

• Like 2

All that most Walmart employees are good for is to point where things are, ring up purchases and restock shelves. You better know exactly what you want when you walk into a Walmart. Because if you have to rely on an employee for information you'll most likely come away with the wrong product. Most of the Walmart employees are wroking their for a reason, and that reason usually isn't a good one.

yea man, My saiga will not even put up with that win uni shit. But it loves the federal bulk. Id just shoot it all through the 870. And is it just me, or is my wal-mart the only one that I cant seem to find the federal blue box everyone keeps talking about. Maybe im not looking in the right place, Is it in the actual ammo glass case?, or supposed to be sitting out with the bulk stuff in the open?

Edited by drewfus53

TBH it sounds like customer service was pretty good- I'd be writing a letter to Ryan's superiors by now saying he's a good guy. Anyway, glad you got your fed ammo, I'm sure you'll find a use for the winchester- I'd even use it as single shot (have done before, people often burn through a drum on my gun, say thanks and hand me a box of winchester uni they were using). Doesn't really bother me since they don't know better and they're just doing what they reckon is right, so I just shoot in when their not around, even if it winds up being single shot, still takes clays down anyway.

wha? you scored 100 free reactive targets for your 22lr? all you need now is a chunk of plywood, a drill, an adjustable spade bit... someone with a camera... and practice your " hey ya'll, watch this "

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT RECCOMEND TRYING THIS AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF PERSON OR PERSONAL PROPERTY IF YOUR ACTUALLY DUMB ENOUGH TO TRY IT!

• Like 1