It's Wal-Mart.

You are very lucky living in WA....try living here in South FL and dealing with the tards at Wally World!!!!

I swear this country is scraping the bottom of the barrel for retail workers these days!!! It's VERY SAD what has happened to our country.

FTS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait ...What???   So you went through all that (getting yourself, your Wife, Your Daughter, & a group min-wage Walmart employees all stressed out) without knowing if your S12 will cycle it ??

Id look at it as getting free ammo, a few bucks AND a chance to see if your gun will eat the worst of the worst ammo.... plus, if it doesn't, you said you have an 870 right? its a win win!

There have been times when my wife was going to Walmart and I would think "Hey I could use some ammo". Then I remember the old saying "Never send a woman to do mans work." And the Walmart employee cre

Usually it's in the glass case on the bottom shelf... At my wallmart it's under the sporting goods counter.

Hmmm. Guess I'll have to try the 2 other wal-marts near my house. Because apparently building 3 wal-marts within a 20 mile fucking radius isnt overkill by any means.

It's Wal-Mart.

You are very lucky living in WA....try living here in South FL and dealing with the tards at Wally World!!!!

I swear this country is scraping the bottom of the barrel for retail workers these days!!! It's VERY SAD what has happened to our country.

FTS

Where in South FL?

• Like 1

You're going to WalMart, fer Chrissakes! If you want customer service and knowledgeable clerks, go somewhere else and pay a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being snobby about WalMart; I go there all the time. That said, it is what they used to call a "self-service" store; you go in there to buy something you already know about and the most you get, and you have to ask for it, is help finding it. The blame here is several levels away from WalMart; they're just doing what they do, putting cheap shit on the shelf for people who only care about cheap.

• Like 1

i have the solution to your probwrems....DONT GO TO WALLFART!!!!

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Proauct_10151_10051_83809_-1?N=329210305

here is some great ammo that is winchester that is 1350 fps, i think. if not its 1290. they also have federal for 5.29. its 40 more cents than walmart, but at least ITS NOT WALLFART!!! i make up every excuse in hte world not to go in there. they never have enough cashiers, everyones rude, F that noise.

You're going to WalMart, fer Chrissakes! If you want customer service and knowledgeable clerks, go somewhere else and pay a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being snobby about WalMart; I go there all the time. That said, it is what they used to call a "self-service" store; you go in there to buy something you already know about and the most you get, and you have to ask for it, is help finding it. The blame here is several levels away from WalMart; they're just doing what they do, putting cheap shit on the shelf for people who only care about cheap.

this

I write a monthly restaurant critique/review for a regional magazine....but the restaurant stuff only serves as a vehicle for me to air my economic/political/social commentary on life in America these days. Not too long ago, I went to one of my local Wal-Marts in an attempt to buy my fishing license. No one at the sporting goods counter. Went to auto section, same thing. Went to hardware/paint, etc. Ditto....

Went to electronics where the flat screens roam, and three guys and one gal are behind the counter, more or less partying. I interrupted them, asking to buy my fishing license. "Sir", one of them said, "We don't sell fishing licenses here". I pulled out my billfold, laid it on the counter and said, "I'd like to buy my fishing license". He replied once again, "Sir, we don't sell them in this department. This is electronics". I replied, "Well, apparently you don't sell fishing licenses in sports, since no one is there, and the last three times I've been in this store no one was there.". They were non-plussed but still unhelpful.

I then found an employee I know, and asked for, and obtained, the manager's phone number. I called him, told him no one was at sports, auto, or hardware, and that I needed him to use his intercom to get someone to sell me my fishing license.

Went back to sporting goods, where several customers were looking for someone to wait on them. And when no one showed up after the intercom call, I gave all of them the manager's phone number and suggested they call....at least some of them did.

Then....I wrote it all up in my article for that month, without naming the store since Wal-Mart is fierce with the lawyer bit over any little perceived slight; although everyone in the whole area knew exactly who I meant. The next time I was in Wal-Mart, I had quite a number of employees approaching me, with a variety of reactions to my article.

And oh yeah, in the article, I did urge folks to call the manager's office, whenever they found departments void of CSR's.

And by way of my political/economic/social commentary, here's a quote from my latest, "Back in my younger days, to buy any product with the words "Made in Japan" on it was to bring on a derisive guffaw from others. For "Made in Japan" meant low quality, plastic, throw-a-way products, and was a byword almost equal to cursing. Isn't is ironic that now, with Japan now being seen as topmost among manufacturers of quality products, they've been brought to virtual ruin, brought to their knees, by a horrible earthquake, and a consequent nuclear disaster of epic proportion? And isn't it interesting that the faulty reactors were made by GE, with the words "Made in America" emblazoned thereupon. Some might call it the third nuclear bomb we've visited upon Japan". Good ol' GE...."

Anyhow, that's my story, and every word of it veritable truth and fact.

Ive never had many issues at my local walmart. Sure the younger guys dont know shit about ammo, but theres an older guy that works in the sporting goods that i talk to all the time. They dont do ammo returns but they guy told me if i dont like what i buy he will buy it off me for what i paid after tax, no matter how many rounds i went through.

The return policy is a liability thing. You could be returning fucked up handloads for them to turn around and sell to someone else. I don't know about you, I do not want some anonymous home brewed ammo.

• Like 1

The bulk pack box of Federal I just bought at Walmart says 1200fps on it...not 1290. Just sayin'! I have never tried the Win Uni because the Federal is the exact same price at Walmart and I've heard bad reviews about the stuff. But considering the specs on it are identical, I should give it a shot.

Wow, I'm surprised at how many people have such bad experiences with their local Wal-Mart. My closest one is about 40 miles away, and yes, you do have to sometimes chase someone down. But why all the bashing? Gotta realize that not everyone's dream comes true when they get out of school and find out there isn't any jobs. Sounds like 2 the floor got a good deal, even if he didn't want the ammo provided. I'm sure it will shoot fine, and if not, maybe he needs to work on his S-12 a little more. Mine shoots all sorts of crap - Federal, Winchester and any other bulk pack crap. If you want it to shoot everything, tune it up so it will. 50 FPS isn't/shouldn't be a deal breaker. If your S-12 is that finicky, you have other issues. Mine shoots good stuff, also. Maybe if your S-12 is that finicky, you should just stick to high dollar good stuff. I'm ashamed that people treat/talk about Wal-Mart employees like they do here. They can't possibly be expected to know every thing about every item they sell. They are just people, some glad/lucky to have a job in this economical enviroment we have. You should have checked it out yourself, as others have implied. Just because Wal-Mart sells chinese shit, don't take it out on the employees. To The Floor, you should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket. I don't think I would have ever been dealt with that fairly in your situation. Tune your S-12 to shoot anything with it, and count your blessings. Wal-Mart is not your enemy, they only exist because you shop there.

The bulk pack box of Federal I just bought at Walmart says 1200fps on it...not 1290. Just sayin'! I have never tried the Win Uni because the Federal is the exact same price at Walmart and I've heard bad reviews about the stuff. But considering the specs on it are identical, I should give it a shot.

Still its well known that the Win doesn't cycle a Saiga as well, probably just a different powder burn that generates barrel pressure differently. It won't hurt to give it a shot and see how your gun cycles it, it'll give you an idea of how well yours is running.

They can't possibly be expected to know every thing about every item they sell.

I remember when I was a teenager working at a similar type store, and sometimes I'd have to help with other departments because they were busy, on break, between shifts, or who knows what. Sometimes I had to help with sporting goods, even though I had no idea how to handle duck stamps, and sometimes it was some other department.

When I want knowledgeable help, I go to a specialty store and pay a premium. When I already know exactly what I want, I go someplace cheaper.

Ive never had many issues at my local walmart. Sure the younger guys dont know shit about ammo, but theres an older guy that works in the sporting goods that i talk to all the time. They dont do ammo returns but they guy told me if i dont like what i buy he will buy it off me for what i paid after tax, no matter how many rounds i went through.

This reminds me of my visit to the Wal-Mart at Quaker and Loop 289 in Lubbock TX. I was surprised when I walked back to the ammo section and found not only ammo, but guns! I was even more surprised to find TWO CSRs standing behind the counter. Amazed with how great my day was going, I walked up to the counter and asked for their cheapest box of .223 steel cased ammo, and if they had any 7.62x39 steel cased. "We don't carry steel cased ammo and if I have my way, we never will!" I said alright and turned around to walk off (now I don't know if y'all have sensed this about me, but I'm not afraid of confrontation, and I LOVE a good debate) at this time the same attendant asked, "What do you want with steel cased ammo anyway?" So I told him about how I don't re-load, and it's just going to end up on the range floor anyway, why should I supply the range with re-loadable brass??? The attendant scoffed and told me about how steel cased jams guns up. So I looked at him and said, "Well, I don't buy cheap guns so I have no problems with steel cased ammo." At this point the wife rolled her eyes and walked away. :lolol: This guy got all offended and said that his Bushmaster AR didn't eat steel cased, so I re-iterated myself, "I don't buy CHEAP guns!" He started telling me about how great Bushhamster is because they are a respected name in the AR world, when I scoffed at that comment and rolled my eyes, he seemed to become even more irate...

I just don't know what was wrong with that guy. :devil:

lol @ caged

My local walmart doesnt carry steel case, but much to my supprise a walmart thats 25miles away does. They carry TulAmmo and the Ulyanovsk (russian white box) stuff too. But both are priced higher than a local Pawn shop that I buy my ammo from.

lol @ caged

My local walmart doesnt carry steel case, but much to my supprise a walmart thats 25miles away does. They carry TulAmmo and the Ulyanovsk (russian white box) stuff too. But both are priced higher than a local Pawn shop that I buy my ammo from.

Ironically, now so does the Wal-Mart that I was talking about. That's where the wife bought some TulAmmo 380 to try in her Sig P238. When she bought it, I made eye-contact with the guy and very audibly told her that her SIG SAUER should have no problems cycling it... :lolol:

now hold on a second... so you got 200 rounds for the price of 100 + some change? sure winchester universal blows... BUT thats what pump guns are for!!! so if you have yerself an 870 you got ammo for that and ammo for yer saiga...!!! lucky bastard....

lol @ caged

Walmart managers have a huge degree of autonomy to order whatever they want that they think will sell. And if it does sell well, they've got carte blanche to order more. It's one of the more surprising factoids about the ever leaner, meaner, machine that is Walmart.

Frankly, when big-box stores, fast food counters, and chain restaurants have universally good service, by thoughtful middle-aged people, and not teens, young part-timers, or retirees making a few extra bucks, that's when I'll be shaking in my boots that the Economic Shit has really Hit The Fan in America.

I'm not talking about Federal bulk pack...

...and no I didn't get out to shoot yet. Unfortunately.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

Walmart in Bristol, PA is nice.. walk in and ask for what YOU WANT... I don't ask for any advise.. nor do I take any from them either..

not unlike some 'gun-stores' in the area.. some guys are knowlegeable while some are pompass asses.. IMHO..

I love when the gun-stores try to push there BEST HANDGUN EVER MADE crappola.. not all brands are for all people dummies..:chris:

So, note to self: When I get the S12, buy a couple cases of heavier stuff for break in, then a case of Winchester Universal, and tweak the gas system till it cycles flawlessly!

Save yourself some money and hand cycle the action a few hundred times. We have already established that the benefits of "high brass break in" are negligible. Fire higher powered ammo because you want to, not because you are lead to believe that it will do some magical gunsmithing for you. I wonder how many dollars have been wasted in a futile effort to make a S12 run well off of lighter ammo?

lol @ caged

Walmart managers have a huge degree of autonomy to order whatever they want that they think will sell. And if it does sell well, they've got carte blanche to order more. It's one of the more surprising factoids about the ever leaner, meaner, machine that is Walmart.

Frankly, when big-box stores, fast food counters, and chain restaurants have universally good service, by thoughtful middle-aged people, and not teens, young part-timers, or retirees making a few extra bucks, that's when I'll be shaking in my boots that the Economic Shit has really Hit The Fan in America.

While true, the guy I referenced wasn't a manager, he was an ammo counter guy. I'd be cool if the manager told me that they didn't carry that because of lack of demand. This guy just shot his mouth off because he THOUGHT he knew what he was talking about... :lolol: