That is pretty funny, but I am pretty sure she did not go through all the hard rigours strenuous (to say the least) training before lifting that small log. Also I think the log the seals use is twice as long and not of pine.

Still funny lol

AR vs AK is like who's the king of the third grade...it doesn't matter when there's better cartridges than both out there.

Really? I thought it was like who's the king of most lethal rifle platform in mass production and military use? Thanks for the information!

• Like 2

The AR platform is not, and never has been, as reliable as the basic AK design ,ramming device to forcibly shove a round into the chamber"forward assist". :unsure:

Ella ,Samal , oragta oti im a tmuna :lolol:

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

The AR platform is not, and never has been, as reliable as the basic AK design ,ramming device to forcibly shove a round into the chamber"forward assist". :unsure:

Um, that was originally designed so you could seat the round after quietly riding the bolt forward while chambering a round which the AK doesn't need as you can assist the round with the bolt handle itself.

Um, that was originally designed so you could seat the round after quietly riding the bolt forward while chambering a round which the AK doesn't need as you can assist the round with the bolt handle itself.

Common, man :lolol:

I have M16A1 in basic ,and I went to Lebanon 1st war with it,jammed on me more then once,I change it to Galil and all of front line infantrymen did, never had a problem.

"The forward assist on a rifle is a button found commonly on M16 and AR-15 styled rifles, usually located near the bolt closure, that when hit will push the bolt carrier forward, ensuring that the bolt is locked. In order to ensure that the extractor is clipped around the rim of the shell, the forward assist is usually struck rather than pushed. It is commonly incorporated into standard loading procedure to prepare a weapon for a life threatening situation, or to close the bolt when the weapon is excessively dirty. It can also be used to close a bolt that was gently let down, rather than released under full spring compression, to keep the noise of closing the bolt to a minimum.

The forward assist is generally not necessary as a standard procedure on any weapon with the exception of the British SA-80A1 version. Having realized the frequency with which the weapon jammed when taken outside of the clean environment of the test range, the forward assist was implemented to save the operator the potential danger of aiming the rifle and pulling the trigger and the rifle not going off because the bolt is not fully forward (a safety arrangement called a "safety sear" stopping the hammer from being released and the weapon firing, because of the dangers of firing with the bolt not fully closed)."

Lets ask Samal ,he was serving in IDF with newer AR rifles,may be his experience was better.

The reason Israel have M16s is politics and money,we get them practically for free and Galils coast 600/900$.Thank God ,I see more and more Tavor rifles,so finely our guys will have good battle rifles,not AKs ,but close :super:

Peace Bro,I don't want to dis. the M16,but it would be nice if Stoner would be the one who invented AK :rolleyes:

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah. but AR has so many more pages, in the CTD and SG (and Brownells, and Midway USA) catalogues, for choosing which of thousands of aftermarket products you'll need in order to make your AR come up to something close to AK standards...like 15 or 20, or 30 pages for AR, 2 pages (half a page for Saigas) for AK.

AK owners spend much less time looking at catalogues, and more at the range, while AR shooters are still on the first or second page.

Just an inescapable observation....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

AR vs AK is like who's the king of the third grade...it doesn't matter when there's better cartridges than both out there.

7.62 NATO for life!

I love my FAL. One day, I intend to sell a kidney and finance a Smith Enterprises M14 build too.

Different tools for different jobs. But please get in a pissing match over which one is better like every other gun forum...... :deadhorse:

Tools?Jobs? assault rifle has only one job to keep you alive and your enemy head down and match ,what match? :lolol:

Lets ask Samal ,he was serving in IDF with newer AR rifles,may be his experience was better.

The reason Israel have M16s is politics and money,we get them practically for free and Galils coast 600/900$.Thank God ,I see more and more Tavor rifles,so finely our guys will have good battle rifles,not AKs ,but close :super:

Peace Bro,I don't want to dis. the M16,but it would be nice if Stoner would be the one who invented AK :rolleyes:

Just saw this paragraph :)

Well, I post the picture for shits and giggles, not trying to start dick measuring contest.

I went through basic training with M16A1, and through advanced training with M16A2, both sucked dick in sandbox. I had to clean it once or twice a day when in training in Negev desert and still it would be a single shot rifle more often than not. I had M16A2 shortly when I went to South Lebanon for a line duty, it worked OK there as long as you kept it cleaned daily. I got Galil and later Glilon, after I got out of infantry and went to West Bank security force as the unit I ended with was a detachment from an artillery brigate (long story). Never a problem, cleaning was running a patch through a barrel after shooting and occasional field strip to clean the bolt and bolt carrier, nothing else.

That said, I am thinking abount building an AR right now... :)

Well after being in Somalia and Iraq I never had any major malfunction with my m-16, and all I did was make sure I did a quick wipe down and oil of the bolt carrier every once and awhile, maybe I was just lucky but none of the guys in my platton had any problems either. The only time my rifle malfunctioned was in boot camp firing blanks crawling through sand and mud.

Edited by Calijohn

But although my rifle never let me down, I think a ak-101 would have worked for me better, because it was a bitch trying to get a long ass m-16a2 out of a lav in a hurry.

Sand is the M16 killer.

off topic: "Saturday" pin was the most hated thing on M16..for us in boot camp. It's the firing pin retaining cotter pin. It was called so, because when in basic training, we were field stripping and cleaning M16 bolts literally on our knees, sitting on the ground, while yelled at and harassed by drill instructors and if you would loose the damn cotter pin started looking for it on the ground and were late to assemble the rifle in time allotted, you would not go home on Saturday but would stay on base doing weekend duty :)

But although my rifle never let me down, I think a ak-101 would have worked for me better, because it was a bitch trying to get a long ass m-16a2 out of a lav in a hurry.

Sand is the M16 killer.

off topic: "Saturday" pin was the most hated thing on M16..for us in boot camp. It's the firing pin retaining cotter pin. It was called so, because when in basic training, we were field stripping and cleaning M16 bolts literally on our knees, sitting on the ground, while yelled at and harassed by drill instructors and if you would loose the damn cotter pin started looking for it on the ground and were late to assemble the rifle in time allotted, you would not go home on Saturday but would stay on base doing weekend duty :)

:lolol: I remember this one , and we used to call M16 "Matate" broomstick ,very accurate at the indoor range :angel:

Halas ,Samal od meat em ethilu lefkod :)

...in boot camp...you would not go home on Saturday but would stay on base doing weekend duty

lol you guys went home on Saturday?

Wow. Not all branches are created equal I guess.

...in boot camp...you would not go home on Saturday but would stay on base doing weekend duty

3 times in basic were theoretical - once a month or so. every time you lost it, one Shabat was taken off, every time you fucked up majorly, Shabat was taken off. Most everyone only came home once or enver in 3 months of basic

Yes ,man. I even went home from the war front, 2 times a month,it was 45 min drive to my house.Wars sucks, but specially when it close to home.Unfortunately in Israel its like going to work.

post-7628-0-23901400-1310423123_thumb.jpg

Golani shely :super:

In the Israely army people making fun of the Golani brigade , saying

Golani attacking first and think later

Paratroopers ,thinking that they attacking

and air force has the best rock band :lolol:

Samal, you guys did some damage too

Back to the topic the picture is hella funny :lolol:

Edited by atakacorp