Opinions on a Taurus PT100

looks very similar to my friends PT92 and if it works the same then its a great gun.

also i notice that gun you posted says Miami, FL on the slide thats where i live and i have a buddy thats a gunsmith for Taurus but i did not know they make guns in the US now i had thought they imported everything from Brazil

Have a pt140- not sure why people rag on taurus- it was my first gun and it's never let me down- extremely reliable and durable and well made. Friend had the same one in 9mm (DA only) that was equally reliable.

Having said that I'm really innaccurate with it.. I hate the figure 8 dots on the irons, but thats probably not an issue with the pt100.. Not sure.

Either way I'd vouch for their quality, and their warranty (not from personal experience on the warranty but I've only heard good things).

Edited by volkov

I handled the 9mm version of that one a few days ago. The gun felt really good....buttery smooth action, nice trigger. The one I handled had some kind of wood grips that I didn't care for but other than that I really liked it. I'm looking for a full size .40 myself. If i was looking for a 9mm I probably would have bought it but I really want a .40 of some kind. I have no experience at all with Taurus semi-auto guns but from what I've read the Beretta clones are supposed to be some of their best. A lot of people give Taurus crap for their guns but everyone I know that has one loves it and hasn't had a single problem with theirs....9mm, .40, or .45. One guy left his on top of his car and it ended up bouncing down the road. He picked it up, put the mag back together and it ran like a top, with its new scratches and all. Another guy has a compact 40 that he's shot and carried the crap out of it and he still loves it. In fact I'm thinking about adding a PT840 to my collection.

Thank's for the reply's. I offered 400 cash, or 300 cash and my .380 (425$ total value). He is thinking about it. I'm not getting my hopes up. If he agree's, I'll post some pics, and a range report.

I have the PT92 9MM version. The price of $475.00 seems just a little high to me. The locking block on mine was cast and after about two thousand rounds, it cracked. Taurus replaced it with no questions asked.

post-13534-0-53099800-1305848190_thumb.jpg

Good luck,

Yakdung