Test Fired the MKA-1919 Today

My guess is that RAA did not send all 100 out yet, but I don't know.

It is a bit different when a "business" gets a T&E gun versus a regular gun nut. The business needs to keep running and work in the T&E as time permits.

The gun nut takes a few days off work and has it overnighted to him.

Also, it is common courtesy to give your feed back directly to the manufacturer/importer first, before it is aired out on the internet.

Tony

An AR-10 magazine will fit a 16ga shell but not a 12ga shell, last time I checked.

Tony

Change the dimensions a mm at a time, you'll find the answer. :)

Improvise, adapt, overcome. :)

I ask the living God why somebody hasn't already built a 12 gauge AR already knowing that a 410 can be done. A few years later, this thing shows up. :)

Awesomeness. I am salivating now at the arrival of new Tromix parts for this thing. :)

As for if the standard John Q Taxpayer can handle modding it. There is nothing man can not achieve given time. "Impossible is just a word" - Cassius Clay

The AR Platform, for a shotgun, has been looked at and prototyped by several manufactures over the years, but again they just didn't think it was worth the gamble to go into production not knowing which way the wind might blow from our current Liberal Government and the BATF. Hell of a gamble. Same for the magazines. I don't know if SGM is moving forward on the molds, but same thing. It could all come falling down (or not).

The shooting/parts/components manufacturing business as a whole is a cut throat industry. Should be interesting.

Jack

An AR-10 magazine will fit a 16ga shell but not a 12ga shell, last time I checked.

IIRC, 12g round is a little less than 2mm wider then a 16g. So in theory, if you make the strength groves in the side of the magazine a bit shallower they should. But that means making a new magazine in addition to a new upper. And it would weaken the mag at least a bit.

It all sounds very expensive.

IIRC, 12g round is a little less than 2mm wider then a 16g. So in theory, if you make the strength groves in the side of the magazine a bit shallower they should. But that means making a new magazine in addition to a new upper. And it would weaken the mag at least a bit.

It all sounds very expensive.

Steel magazine. If it's still weak, heat treat the mag like you do an AK receiver. That should stiffen it up a bit.

It might sound expensive but if people are willing to buy and like the price you can offer them as well as the product then it shouldn't be much of an issue at least long term.

Best thing to do is crunch the numbers and round up. Then you know.

(After thought). A wider mag for a 12 gauge may also open up the possibilities to drop a different follower in and shoot a different kind of rifle ammo in the future. Granted such ammo would have some serious recoil but I see the civilian market gravitating toward such ammo gradually if for no other reason than to have a lil fun at the range. With the AR's natural modularity, it may open up the AR platform for something else in the future a lil more.

Edited by ShadowFire

I never had a failure to feed problem at all. The gun, out of the box, would fail to eject when shooting low powered bulk pack ammo, but increasing the preload tension on the gas bypass spring fixed that. Basically, that just entails installing a washer behind the spring or you can lock out the gas bypass system altogether by replacing the spring with a solid bushing. Both parts can be "dropped in" by the user. We will have the parts available for sale very shortly. With either mod, the gun ran 100% with bulk pack ammo.

Quite a bit easier fix than the Saiga where you have to remove the gas block with a hydraulic press and break out the drill.

As for whether or not restricting the gas bypass will cause other issues when firing high powered loads, I don't know, and nor does anyone else.

Tony

Tony - you are right about the T&E "schedule". I wont have a unit in hand until next month, at earliest. As for the drop in parts, I know its always about the money, but might it not be far simpler to put a package together that the importer can ship with every gun? it would sure save you a lot of small mailings, and saving that time might pay off on the lower profit per part, no?

Got to put some rounds down range with the MKA 1919 today .... Got to say the shotgun feels pretty good ! .. Being a Saiga owner I was not jumping up & down at the new platform ,. But when we where done shooting I felt like there might be some seriously cool potential with this new beast! the MKA 1919 felt light in the hands , It made transitioning from targets very quick ........ I would have to say I am very impressed with the MKA 1919 & cant wait to see what people will be doing with um ...

Edited by JohnnyBmore

If some manufacturer Tromix, Chaos, whoever could make some type of a Quad rail, and some type of adjustable stock for these things, you are sitting on an end-less gold mine, b/c everyone knows that the amount of attachments, configurations that AR's have, you guys could definately make some buck$ here with this gun, for that alone was why i purcahsed my AR-15 before the Saiga, and I really wanted one bad, Tony, whoever please make this happen, i will even let you Test-fit on mine if some one could do this..!!

This gun, Leupy DeltaPoint, some 15-20 round mags and we are good to go!

I was thinking more like a Primary Arms red dot with the cantilever mount myself, and a Quad-Rail for some tacticool stuffz, or a Tri-rail for alteast a vert grip

I was thinking more like a Primary Arms red dot with the cantilever mount myself, and a Quad-Rail for some tacticool stuffz, or a Tri-rail for alteast a vert grip

For HD maybe but Im thinking multigun. Vertical grip maybe a nice add on thought but I wont be needing a light or lazer. A nice replaceable hand gaurd is a option but for Multigun trying to keep it simple beyond the dot is my goal.

I am curious how close a mini dot will sit to the rail and affect cheek weld. May have to put on a small riser but I just want to get to the point of finding all this out for myself, as in have one in my hands.

For HD maybe but Im thinking multigun. Vertical grip maybe a nice add on thought but I wont be needing a light or lazer. A nice replaceable hand gaurd is a option but for Multigun trying to keep it simple beyond the dot is my goal.

I am curious how close a mini dot will sit to the rail and affect cheek weld. May have to put on a small riser but I just want to get to the point of finding all this out for myself, as in have one in my hands.

I've tried the mini-dots on some other things, and the height doesnt seem to work for me too much, and them being really compact just don't feel right to me, i've tried many..i dunno

• 11 months later...