Firearm coating failuer, see my tangerine Saiga

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orange you glad you went with that color?

Well. I'm really feeling like the odd man out here because I actually don't think it looks that bad. It's not that far away from a dark earth tone and I definitely like it better than the tangerine.co

Red S12?   helpful when set trippin'       :lolol:

Posted Images

Look on the Bright side....at least it isn't as bad as the "Clown Gun" in that "Professional Russian" video thread!! That red and blue pump makes yours look Totally Awesome!!

That gun was like a chihuahua, so ugly that I liked it. I could imagine someone robbing a bank with that and no one believes it is a real gun, until he busts off some dragons breath, then shit would get real, real quick.

And thats why I dont use duracoat. Their colors are never right..I bought the desert mirageflage combo pack a while back, and the 2 colors that were supposed to be tan, looked blue, and one of the other colors looked like baby shit. From now on I will only use Norells Molly Coat

If this red doesn't work out propey I will go with black, even though I dont want to. At this point I just want my gun back. The paint messed up irritated me, but them saying it was right when it wasn't keeps making menkore and more mad as I think about it.

If this red doesn't work out propey I will go with black, even though I dont want to. At this point I just want my gun back. The paint messed up irritated me, but them saying it was right when it wasn't keeps making menkore and more mad as I think about it.

get some molly coat..you'll be much happier than if you use that duracrap

You really should take that down to the Austin Texas area... I'll bet you could sell that Saiga for a crapload of money in that color...

What no Longhorn's in the S12 crowd??? naaaa.gif

NO! Red-n-Black is fine.

Caged....are you an X-FC 1147? If so....ME TOO!

My red landed today and is being applied as we speak. It is actually red and lookds good from the picture I saw. I will finally have her back this weekend after almost 2 months of no Saiga fun. hopefully my autoplug and spare R&R factory magazines will be in also and balance will be restored.

post-31605-0-64290000-1306455788_thumb.jpg

My red landed today and is being applied as we speak. It is actually red and lookds good from the picture I saw. I will finally have her back this weekend after almost 2 months of no Saiga fun. hopefully my autoplug and spare R&R factory magazines will be in also and balance will be restored.

Are you going to have it back together for a test fire on Sunday? It looks like I may have a few people going.

I will be picking it up on Sunday unfortunately, my first day off after it got sprayed. Hopefully I will get the conversion done within the week with a little professional oversight (hint, hint :rolleyes: )

He compared it to a stop sign so it should be interesting when assembled.

Like the old color a good bit- but reds my favorite, looking forwad to seeing how this comes out...

One day I'll probably make an orange and purple ak just for kicks.. go tigers!

I have high hopes for the red. With the slots on the Chaos quad rail (soon to be titan rail) with the red hsowing through and all the black accessories it should look really good.

• Like 1

I hope to be able to do a mock up Sunday (many pictures will accompany) at minimal and have a completed project for show this coming week. I have this idea in my head what she will look like and it is fantastic.

I will be picking it up on Sunday unfortunately, my first day off after it got sprayed. Hopefully I will get the conversion done within the week with a little professional oversight (hint, hint :rolleyes: )

He compared it to a stop sign so it should be interesting when assembled.

LOL!!!! I'm no 'pro', but I'll help :smoke: I do OK.

Zombies won't care whAt color gun just killed them :-)

This is absolutely a fun and show gun. I have HD stuff and all, this is a "me" fun toy. Besides imagine how much more attention I will get while shooing, which means more people introduced to the Saiga brand.

Zombies won't care whAt color gun just killed them :-)

This is absolutely a fun and show gun. I have HD stuff and all, this is a "me" fun toy. Besides imagine how much more attention I will get while shooing, which means more people introduced to the Saiga brand.

if thats the case, then you shouldn't be surprised when I recommended a chromed Chaos rail and monster break. that would be :super:

Looks kinda like the crap that shoots out of a boil or a cyst. Blood colored puss.

I hate using Duracoat, tried it once and never again. Too easy to fuck it up, I'll stick with Moly resin and gun kote.

While we are on the subject of Duracoat, I've been thinking about getting my FAL done. But the quotes I'm getting run kinda high. Then I thought, why not just get the furniture done and eliminate all the expensive prep work on the metal parts and leave it in it's original park?

Anybody else think that the buttstock, pistol grip, and hand guards would look good in a German Flecktarn with the metal remaining black?