Dinzag AK-74 Muzzle Brake is loose when locked in placeb by pin

So, I bought the Bulgarian FSB with 24x1.5 threads and the AK-74 style Muzzle brake from Dinzag. the FSB has the index pin that holds the MB in place when screwed on, but when it clicks in place to the indent on MB, MB still has more than half turn to go to get tight, so if I stop it where the pin locks it in place, it is loose on the threads and there is a noticeable play in.

Is it normal? does it affect the grouping?

thanks for the replies. I am just surprised how loose it is. the notch in MB is wider than pin and there is a lot of lateral play!

If you want it tighter, you can grind the open end with sand paper until it just barely locks in tightly or use blue/red locktite on the threads.

I chose to grind my Arsenal 24mm 74 type brake and now it fits in super tight and yeah the lack of play definitely helps keep irregular vibrations from screwing with accuracy.

thanks for the replies. I am just surprised how loose it is. the notch in MB is wider than pin and there is a lot of lateral play!

If you want it tighter, you can grind the open end with sand paper until it just barely locks in tightly or use blue/red locktite on the threads.

I chose to grind my Arsenal 24mm 74 type brake and now it fits in super tight and yeah the lack of play definitely helps keep irregular vibrations from screwing with accuracy.

followed your advice and made it to fit for one more turn and to lock it