Tromix MKA-1919 Short Barrel Shotgun (pic)

Here's the first Tromix SBS 14" prototype of the MKA-1919. I left the back of the receiver a bit long since I was not sure what I was dealing with. I just got the gun yesterday afternoon. That will be trimmed up 1.5" and the external stock adapter block will be replaced with an internal affair to clean up the lines where the stock joins the receiver, but you get the idea. The gas system has been modified a bit on the bypass side of things, but the gas ports are still the original size. Runs great on stout birdshot, but with a bit more tweaking I can probably get it to work on lighter stuff as well.

We'll be building the new internal stock adapters for sale very shortly.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

First pic is the SBS, second pic is out of the box.

post-3-0-15915800-1306236534_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-66478500-1306236535_thumb.jpg

• Like 13
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the first Tromix SBS 14" prototype of the MKA-1919. I left the back of the receiver a bit long since I was not sure what I was dealing with. I just got the gun yesterday afternoon. That will b

Which "combination" of materials are you refering to? A plastic lower and a metal upper like a Glock, or like a CavArms AR-15....which handled a full auto 50AE upper no problem by the way.   The ra

OK, I'll get a vid as soon as Melissa gets back from out of town.   The design precludes any reasonable way to do an 8" gun. It's certainly not impossible, but it would take a LOT of beer to come u

Posted Images

OK, it looks f-ing great tony so.... I can have my Class 3 FFL send you his info tomorrow and you can have it in the mail monday,Right????:big_smile:

WAIT ONE MINIUTE!!! You know that looks like another fine high quality Tromix product, Can that be good??? I am having one hell of a time trying to get on the Tromix build list for one gun let alone trying to talk you into doing my consecutive numbered set as a 12" professional SBS's if you start doing these I will never get on the list.:cry: I am so happy I cause I want a MKA-1919 now and at the same time sad cause my "Girls" are never going to get done. Quit playing games with my heart Tony, I can't take it!!!!LOL

Edited by SCHULTZE

This gun is the next big thing. Mark my words.

There's nonreason it shouldn't enjoy more popularity than the S12. After all, the AR is more popular than the AK and this gun addresses pretty much all of the Saiga's shortcomings.

And before you guys go nuts giving me a weapons history lesson, remember we only sell in the US.

• Like 1

I knew you were going to be having a field day with this new platform. :super:

ETA; just re-read the post!

24 hours after you get one of the first in the country you have the first 1919 SBS! :lolol: Fucken awesome!

Edited by PauIy
  • Like 1

There's nonreason it shouldn't enjoy more popularity than the S12. After all, the AR is more popular than the AK and this gun addresses pretty much all of the Saiga's shortcomings.

And before you guys go nuts giving me a weapons history lesson, remember we only sell in the US.

I hope your right while I want to get one or two and have a few AR's I am still a AK man and if everyone starts to buy these maybe just maybe the Saiga price will go back down if the demand falls. It probaly won't but I can dream.

DogMan, this gun has steel mags, a magwell and a BHO that works exactly like an AR; same release switch, same reliability. Straight-insertion mags and they drop free. And an AR-style selector. And threaded for Remchokes. And the action is very smooth as received, I believe the QC is much better than Izshmash.

DogMan, this gun has steel mags, a magwell and a BHO that works exactly like an AR; same release switch, same reliability. Straight-insertion mags and they drop free. And an AR-style selector. And threaded for Remchokes. And the action is very smooth as received, I believe the QC is much better than Izshmash.

Thanks, I'm starting to see one of these in my future.

What is the price point on them. My local gun store is asking $900+ for a stock S12. I can see a lot of potential in this gun and high S12 prices should really help them out. If the after market can produce good mags and compliance parts I can see them really taking off.

I like my S12 a lot but I'm pretty interested in this gun. Nice to see a different stock could be added.

That shorty looks very cool and cleaning up the rear will make it very nice.

Bob's off on the chokes a bit. They install with the same tool as Rem chokes and look the same from the front end, but they are shorter than Rem chokes.

But who cares....the gun comes with an entire set of Turkish chokes and a tool to change them.

Tony

The thing hasent cooled from test fire and BAM!

Off with the head.I really dident want a SBS because

it would clash with my tin foil hat....But now IDK.

Now would I have the 1919 shipped to you from

Atlantic and from you to my class 3?

And how much would you charge?

Bob's off on the chokes a bit. They install with the same tool as Rem chokes and look the same from the front end, but they are shorter than Rem chokes.

But who cares....the gun comes with an entire set of Turkish chokes and a tool to change them.

Tony

Oh snap, I thought it was an actual remchoke- my bad. I only looked at the chokes briefly.

Repost from another thread.

Russian American Armory is the sole U.S. importer, and my understanding is they air-freighted the first 100 guns into the country at a considerable cost and are now shipping single test units to various people for evaluation. If all goes well, they will then bring in a container full on a cargo boat. I don't have any specifics as to when that might be. I don't know if the single test units that were sold to a few dealers and distributors will be resold or not. I suppose that is up to the dealers.

But my guess is that most dealers will shoot the gun a few hundred rounds and then cash it in on GunStroker.

I assure you....I am keeping mine, this thing isn't going anywhere.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Damn You Sir... Damn You.

So, now I need the cash for the new gun..... and after that, the divorce lawyer. Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

ETA: WAIT!!! ...... what if this one was .....HER GUN! ...... ohmy!

side note... can you insert a full mag on a closed bolt? I know with a working LRBHO it'll be less of a concern, but...

Edited by datrowl

I gotta quick question.

Tony, any chance we could see the shortened handguard there with a weaver rail on the bottom for stuff like a vertical foregrip? I have the one you guys vented and added a rail to it for the S12 and love it. Light weight and the rail has been very nice to have.

I hope your right while I want to get one or two and have a few AR's I am still a AK man and if everyone starts to buy these maybe just maybe the Saiga price will go back down if the demand falls. It probaly won't but I can dream.

Yeah, didnt think of that! Everyone buy these so I can get more Saigas at the bargain basement discount price :super:

• Like 2

for 3 gunners who will chomp at the bitt for these figure a way to put an optic on it and a large capacity magazine and they will fly off the shelfs, people are paying 3500 bucks now for tricked out racing Saigas imagen what they would pay for this all tricked out and in racing form.