Tromix MKA-1919 Short Barrel Shotgun (pic)

I just got word from Clyde Woods at RAA that the chokes are compatible with Win-chokes. There should be a boat load of guns here mid-summer with retail prices around $700 for the black gun and under $800 for camo.

One thing I forgot to mention, the gun comes with two 5+1 mags. One for 2.75" shells and one for 3". It appears that the only difference is the 3" mag has shorter mag lips than the 2.75" mag. However, during testing, I ran 3" shells in the 2.75" mag and vice versa and the thng ran fine either way.

Tony

• Like 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the first Tromix SBS 14" prototype of the MKA-1919. I left the back of the receiver a bit long since I was not sure what I was dealing with. I just got the gun yesterday afternoon. That will b

Which "combination" of materials are you refering to? A plastic lower and a metal upper like a Glock, or like a CavArms AR-15....which handled a full auto 50AE upper no problem by the way.   The ra

OK, I'll get a vid as soon as Melissa gets back from out of town.   The design precludes any reasonable way to do an 8" gun. It's certainly not impossible, but it would take a LOT of beer to come u

Posted Images

As usual all I can say about Tony's work is....."AMAZING, (wipes tear) just amazing." Great job and I look forward to seeing just what all you can do to it.

Question: Since there seems to be a new platform for you to work on does this mean the Saiga line of production will slow, or will you ramp up production all around?

Great job & Semper Fi,

MCASSgt New River

As usual all I can say about Tony's work is....."AMAZING, (wipes tear) just amazing." Great job and I look forward to seeing just what all you can do to it.

Question: Since there seems to be a new platform for you to work on does this mean the Saiga line of production will slow, or will you ramp up production all around?

Great job & Semper Fi,

MCASSgt New River

I will continue to build Saigas every day, as I do now. I have no plans to offer "conversions" on the MKA-1919 at this time.

Keep in mind, I took ONE day off to build this gun for personal use.....no need to be alarmed if you are waiting on your Saiga.

Tony

• Like 2

Sweet.

Is it just me or does the whole gun look kinda curved? It's just obvious to me since the AR rifle is straight.

I need one of these to play with.

It's not just you. For a moment I thought it might've been a trick of the camera lens but the scratches in the concrete underneath it are perfectly straight.

Guys & Gals we will be offering the shotguns in the future but it will probably be a few months before we have them ready to ship . At this time RAA wants them thoroughly tested before releasing them for general sale . It is great that RAA wants to take the time to T&E the units before release to make sure they will stand up to the demands of the gun community. Once again Tromix is a pioneer in the development of another great aftermarket shotgun modification and accessory market .

I think we have a regular hunting type Turkish shotgun or two in the shop. I'll look next week, and get some pics if so. The innards of the 1919, ie., the gas system and barrel and bolt, look like one for sure.

I'm not suggesting this is a bad thing, as it would mean thay are using a system that they have been marketing for a number of years already, and know it works. Customers already like the regular shotguns.

All I ask tony, is that you make the adaptor plate for the 1919, so that it can accept index plates So the buffer tube doesnt rotate in the mount like the etac one did...

Oh by the way, awesome work man!!!!

Edited by lvjeffro

Very nice work. Any chance someone will take the time to post a video of the SBS in action? :angel:

Thats what I am sitting here wondering. Tease us with pics of it SBS friday night, even come to chat for a while, yet have no video for us? Still holding out as we still have a few hours left on Monday, cmon TONY!!

I build Saiga's 7 days a week. We completely fucked up the lead time quotes for the February orders. It's quite embarrassing, as I pride myself in hitting my quoted lead times, but we were way, way off, for quite a few reasons that no one cares about. I took ONE day off to build the MKA-1919 and I don't know when I will be taking another day off Saiga building to shoot some video. I can take some vids shooting the thing in the Tromix trap at 40 feet, but thats gonna look pretty cheesy.

Tony

• Like 2

I doubt anyone would think you shooting the new gun into the Tromix trap is cheesy. We would just be glad to see it shot, especially the first ever customized and SBS'd in the US.

Fixed.

Yep, I'd just like to see the thing in action. :smoke:

THIS! ^^^ Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

OK, I'll get a vid as soon as Melissa gets back from out of town.

The design precludes any reasonable way to do an 8" gun. It's certainly not impossible, but it would take a LOT of beer to come up with a redesign to pull off an 8" gun on this platform.

Fortunately....I always have a LOT of beer on hand.

Tony

• Like 6

Sweet.

Is it just me or does the whole gun look kinda curved? It's just obvious to me since the AR rifle is straight.

I need one of these to play with.

It looks like Tony got it straighter by putting on the carbine receiver extension. Looks great! :super:

Repost from another thread.

Russian American Armory is the sole U.S. importer, and my understanding is they air-freighted the first 100 guns into the country at a considerable cost and are now shipping single test units to various people for evaluation. If all goes well, they will then bring in a container full on a cargo boat. I don't have any specifics as to when that might be. I don't know if the single test units that were sold to a few dealers and distributors will be resold or not. I suppose that is up to the dealers.

But my guess is that most dealers will shoot the gun a few hundred rounds and then cash it in on GunStroker.

I assure you....I am keeping mine, this thing isn't going anywhere.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

Same here :super:

• 2 weeks later...

I have no plans to offer "conversions" on the MKA-1919 at this time.

Keep in mind, I took ONE day off to build this gun for personal use.....no need to be alarmed if you are waiting on your Saiga.

Tony

I hope the "at this time" part only holds for a couple months, once folks can get hands on these, they are gonna be itching to have you work your magic on them...

Jeff-

We will be working on them as soon as we get the CNC parts rolling. We need to build at least five U.S. parts (922r compliant) in order to do much of anything cool with these guns.

I would guess we should have something rolling in 30 days or so.

Tony