Tromix MKA-1919 Short Barrel Shotgun (pic)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the first Tromix SBS 14" prototype of the MKA-1919. I left the back of the receiver a bit long since I was not sure what I was dealing with. I just got the gun yesterday afternoon. That will b

Which "combination" of materials are you refering to? A plastic lower and a metal upper like a Glock, or like a CavArms AR-15....which handled a full auto 50AE upper no problem by the way.   The ra

OK, I'll get a vid as soon as Melissa gets back from out of town.   The design precludes any reasonable way to do an 8" gun. It's certainly not impossible, but it would take a LOT of beer to come u

Posted Images

no way in hell at that price!

Regardless of your personal budget, this gun is a great value.

It's not possible to buy a new Saiga-12 and a PG conversion, top rail, magwell and LRBHO for $700.

• Like 2

............... this gun addresses pretty much all of the Saiga's shortcomings.

Can you elaborate more on that?

The only Shortcoming I can think of is not firing full auto. My Saiga 12 is the best gun I have ever bought, the one most fired, and the one most envied! Now That I have my Carolina Shooter's Supply DIY conversion on it, she's a force to be reckoned with!

That being said, I am a HUGE proponent of the 1919, and I will be buying mine from CSS. Great people and great products! I can't wait for aftermarket shits!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first Tromix SBS 14" prototype of the MKA-1919. I left the back of the receiver a bit long since I was not sure what I was dealing with. I just got the gun yesterday afternoon. That will be trimmed up 1.5" and the external stock adapter block will be replaced with an internal affair to clean up the lines where the stock joins the receiver, but you get the idea. The gas system has been modified a bit on the bypass side of things, but the gas ports are still the original size. Runs great on stout birdshot, but with a bit more tweaking I can probably get it to work on lighter stuff as well.

We'll be building the new internal stock adapters for sale very shortly.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

First pic is the SBS, second pic is out of the box.

post-3-0-15915800-1306236534_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-66478500-1306236535_thumb.jpg

nice gun

Bob's off on the chokes a bit. They install with the same tool as Rem chokes and look the same from the front end, but they are shorter than Rem chokes.

But who cares....the gun comes with an entire set of Turkish chokes and a tool to change them.

Tony

Finally got one yesterday and was glad to see that my Winchokes fit. I'm liking this thing!

It's not possible to buy a new Saiga-12 and a PG conversion, top rail, magwell and LRBHO for $700.

Bob, you're dead on with that statement. :super:

The advantage of the AK over the AR is ease of production and unit price, do you think the Saiga price will drop? I remember S-12s at $350 all day long, no one wanted them now that they are almost double that every one wants one. I can see if there is an AR (looking)/AK (SAIGA) price war coming? The thing is they both have the same importer.

I'm so deeply invested in the Saiga that I can't afford to jump ship at this point.

I guess what I'm trying to say that if a flood of these AR looking shotguns come in and the S-12s start to pile up because they are not moving I'd bet quality imporves and the price drops I could see the S-12 in the 450 price point before long. I also believe the 700 dollar price point is an introductory price and it will go up especially as demand increses.

I spent that amount on accessories yesterday. A meostar and bobro mount cost more that that thing. 700 bucks for it is a bit of a stretch. I have yet to see that combination of materials hold up on anything and the fact that they didn't get the rail to spec really concerns me. Have you seen the other pieces of crap they produce? The freaking Taurus appears to be better quality than the Akdal lineup.

Vee shall see.

I have yet to see that combination of materials hold up on anything and the fact that they didn't get the rail to spec really concerns me.

Vee shall see.

Which "combination" of materials are you refering to? A plastic lower and a metal upper like a Glock, or like a CavArms AR-15....which handled a full auto 50AE upper no problem by the way.

The rail is being changed to Nato milspec on future shipments. They were going to ship the 2nd batch with non-mil rails and Clyde Woods at RAA said no. "Fix it now, we'll wait." The 2nd batch will have the Nato rail, so now would be a good time to chill on that one.

I assure you, there are plenty of complete ass clowns out there just salivating over the opportunity to be the first guy to gleefully post all about breaking his gun. But it hasn't happened yet. It will though, so don't be completely disappointed quite yet. Some dumb fuck will run over it with a D8 Caterpillar and claim it broke while he was firing SuperLite trap shells.

I'm sure I can break the AKDAL if I wanted to. I can break a Saiga too. If the durabililty issue is really a sticking point with you guys, I have no problem drilling out the gas ports on the AKDAL, WAY oversize, locking out the gas bypass completely and hammering the living hell out of it with the three inch slugs. A test that would probably break the Saiga.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 7

I have yet to see that combination of materials hold up on anything and the fact that they didn't get the rail to spec really concerns me.

Vee shall see.

Which "combination" of materials are you refering to? A plastic lower and a metal upper like a Glock, or like a CavArms AR-15....which handled a full auto 50AE upper no problem by the way.

The rail is being changed to Nato milspec on future shipments. They were going to ship the 2nd batch with non-mil rails and Clyde Woods at RAA said no. "Fix it now, we'll wait." The 2nd batch will have the Nato rail, so now would be a good time to chill on that one.

I assure you, there are plenty of complete ass clowns out there just salivating over the opportunity to be the first guy to gleefully post all about breaking his gun. But it hasn't happened yet. It will though, so don't be completely disappointed quite yet. Some dumb fuck will run over it with a D8 Caterpillar and claim it broke while he was firing SuperLite trap shells.

I'm sure I can break the AKDAL if I wanted to. I can break a Saiga too. If the durabililty issue is really a sticking point with you guys, I have no problem drilling out the gas ports on the AKDAL, WAY oversize, locking out the gas bypass completely and hammering the living hell out of it with the three inch slugs. A test that would probably break the Saiga.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

pretty well put and blunt as well. I like it. Time to push back on the asshats who want to see it fail instead of seeing what it can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Much like top maul and many others here,I am well invested in the Saiga. However, I am starting a 1919 fund. Anyone who easily over looks the potential of this gun is foolish. My saigas run and are durable but this gun adresses the "weak" points (ergos,lrbho,magwell)

Once someone starts making mags I am all over one of these.

Awesomework i can't wait to see these on store shelves. $700 for ar-15 ergos, no pistol grip conversion, lrbho, the list goes on. My only complaint is it needs a a3 style upper. Are they as simple to work with as the ar-15 platform? Is the stock easily removed and converted or is it attached to the lower? What kind of ammo do you consider stout birdshot?

Edited by roachtron

Well I should of googled first then asked questions as I usually do. The carry handle is removable and the stock does seem fully attached in pictures. A better question about the stock would have been, Does it simply have to be cut off to install your conversion?

• 1 month later...

One thing about this gun that is not really mentioned in this thread, its fun as all hell to shoot! This is one of those rare guns that just puts a smile from ear to ear on your face when you hold and fire it and the reaction you get from others at the range is just as great!. I love letting friends shoot it and watching them grin. It feels kind of like the last time I shot the Browning M2 50 cal with tracers. Or for that matter, it feels like shooting a well modified Sagia 12. :)

One thing about this gun that is not really mentioned in this thread, its fun as all hell to shoot! This is one of those rare guns that just puts a smile from ear to ear on your face when you hold and fire it and the reaction you get from others at the range is just as great!. I love letting friends shoot it and watching them grin.

I have to agree, I had a couple guys with F/A goodness (a uzi and a MAC), drool over my MKA. I asked them if they wanted to shoot her, which they accepted. They were grinning like the cat who ate the canary. I got to shoot both the MAC and the Uzi unattended, because the guys were too busy with the MKA.

If it would come from Tromix with a lengthened forcing cone and backbored it'd be perfect.

The saigas tight under .72 dia bore aint the best for patterns.

I wish the thing had come out in an AR10 receiver, or conversion kit, Then it would be a lot easyer to work on.

Edited by mike123456

Im drooling over this one Mark krebs did, wow. The M203 barrel is a nice touch.

I just dont like the disassembly of the gun. The gun needs 922R compliance and bigger mags. Sure it can reload faster, but the saiga has 2 times as much ammo on tap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzh1HxRxp80&feature=related

Edited by mike123456
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah the KSG is a pump with two mag tubes. I could see spending 800 like Kel-Tec suggested they were going to try to sell one at but not a grand five. I'm spoiled by a 12 gauge that I can just change out the mags. I'll just wait for the KSG price to come down if those were actually legit sales. Kel-Tec already warned about sales of KSGs they noticed where Kel-Tec had not released the KSG yet for public sales.

So I'll be looking forward to a nice MKA 1919 too. :) mags... Gotta love them. :)

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I'll get a vid as soon as Melissa gets back from out of town.

The design precludes any reasonable way to do an 8" gun. It's certainly not impossible, but it would take a LOT of beer to come up with a redesign to pull off an 8" gun on this platform.

Fortunately....I always have a LOT of beer on hand.

Tony

How much beer would it take to build a 10" gun? biggrin.png