Currently living in Florida, and I'm moving to NY in a couple of weeks so I had to go from the setup in the first pic to the crappy looking (and may still somewhat may be questionable) second pic. No offense to those of you who like skeleton stocks :) Even the cat thinks it's suspect!

000_0038.jpg

000_0050.jpg

I think a psyche eval may be in order. The only way that I would move to NY is if I were being burried there. I wouldn't be happy about that either, but would obviously be unable to do anything about it. I certainly hope you are getting an insane pay increase for moving there. I don't think the reality of the situation has set in yet as I would most likely have a heart attack just thinking about it, but I'm sure there must be some sort of reason that outweighs the cons (though hard for me to grasp such a possibility).

I think the vert grip is a no-no in NY, but I am not expert on the matter. At least you can still own the damn thing there, so all is not lost. Best of luck to you and get back here as quickly as possible. It hurts me deeply to see a fellow gun lover leaving this state.

Born and raised NYer here. Yeah, you can come. The gun laws are pretty insane and the taxes suck. The ironic part is that NY is 80% rural and all the laws are/were made by people that are either people from cities or have moved here from other states. NY just favors liberals and there values. I'd never move here and I'll be selling my property and moving when I retire.

If you're wondering about your gun the laws are easy to find on the forum. They've been posted plenty enough times already.

the ny law prohibts more than ten rounds, as well as revolving cylinders on shotguns....just a little tidbit.

depending on where in NY you are moving to, local ordnances may be in effect as well.....

as for location? NY or FL is fine by me. its all about privacy and how much work i can get these days. not sure where ill end up, if ever there comes a day when i can retire....

it all depends what is important, i guess....

post-83-0-17465800-1306011470_thumb.jpg

post-83-0-37558500-1306011628_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ben Vampatella
  • Like 1

Currently living in Florida, and I'm moving to NY in a couple of weeks so I had to go from the setup in the first pic to the crappy looking (and may still somewhat may be questionable) second pic. No offense to those of you who like skeleton stocks :) Even the cat thinks it's suspect!

000_0038.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Your cat is smarter than most New York politicians.

Yakdung

Well NYS laws sure do suck but hey at least the scenery's nice during summer and fall seasons(unless you're moving into NYC). Great opportunities during hunting season and all around great state for sportsmen. I try and look at the bright side :angel: . I use to dread living in this state but you gotta show the gunfearing liberals that there are still people in the state that enjoy hunting and target shooting as a sport. One last thing, watch out for the fun police. A converted saiga attracts all kinds of attention and not always the good kind. Welcome back to the evil empire state, heres some theme music. :2c:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzntZLHcYy0

Snip: the ny law prohibts more than ten rounds, as well as revolving cylinders on shotguns.

I don't believe the drum mag qualifies as a revolving cylinder. I know that sounds crazy since it is most definitely a cylinder, with revolving internals. And I don't have any PC to back that up. However I live in California where there is also a law against shotguns with revolving cylinders and the drum mags (10 rnd) are not a problem here, or atleast have not been a problem yet. The law was created because of the Street Sweeper style shotgun. In that case the revolving cylinder contains the chamber, as in the case of a revolver, so the shell is shot directly out of the revolving cylinder. It is not just a feeding device. Take it how you will, I am no lawyer, but I am comfortable taking my 10 round drum mags to the ranges here. What part of Ney York are you moving to? My grandfather lived right along the Saint Lawrence river in the Thousand Island area of upstate New York. He lived on 50 acres in the woods with a private dock, and it was BEAUTIFUL up there.

Edited by chaseface

Snip: the ny law prohibts more than ten rounds, as well as revolving cylinders on shotguns.

I don't believe the drum mag qualifies as a revolving cylinder. I know that sounds crazy since it is most definitely a cylinder, with revolving internals. And I don't have any PC to back that up. However I live in California where there is also a law against shotguns with revolving cylinders and the drum mags (10 rnd) are not a problem here, or atleast have not been a problem yet. The law was created because of the Street Sweeper style shotgun. In that case the revolving cylinder contains the chamber, as in the case of a revolver, so the shell is shot directly out of the revolving cylinder. It is not just a feeding device. Take it how you will, I am no lawyer, but I am comfortable taking my 10 round drum mags to the ranges here. What part of Ney York are you moving to? My grandfather lived right along the Saint Lawrence river in the Thousand Island area of upstate New York. He lived on 50 acres in the woods with a private dock, and it was BEAUTIFUL up there.

Moving to Rochester. My dad also has one and he got it shipped to him where as they wouldn't ship him a 12 rounder so maybe it is legal. Problem is, do I want to be the test case....lol

I was born and lived in Upstate N.Y. til 1995. I moved to SW Florida with my wife (just got married and offered a job here) and never looked back as far as the gun laws. I do miss the mountains, hunting and fishing there, however I could never go back to living there again.

Its not so much owning the SBS SBR FA stuff that kills me, as much as it is the lack of legal buffer zone.

I CAN own any of the above atm, and don't, I just don't have alot of NEED or even really WANT for those types of firearms. However, the legal battle of firearms ownership is like a chess match, laws slowly pass restricting this, or that, or you loose a few pawns over there. Eventually they are gonna get around to the rooks bishops and knights prior to closeing in on the king which is total gun restriction.

We just have more pawns left in the game than you do is all... now, weither I choose to move em or not dosen't matter.... you still gotta eat thru em to get to my king.

more of my mindless ramblings for what its worth....

He said it best....I do want all of the NFA...

but because our fed gov has made it caust

prohibative I can't...and that should consern

even the 60 yr old clay shooter.

But my state gov is aok about the people having

NFA and that's the way we like it.