Right, wrong or otherwise I bought another S12

as the title says right wrong or otherwise I just bought another S12 off Gunbroker. It's used and has no box or accesories just the gun...$635 plus $20 shipping. Looks like it's an '08. Hopefully it's broken in and goes K-pow every time I pull the trigger without FTF or FTE issues.

as the title says right wrong or otherwise I just bought another S12 off Gunbroker. It's used and has no box or accesories just the gun...$635 plus $20 shipping. Looks like it's an '08. Hopefully it's broken in and goes K-pow every time I pull the trigger without FTF or FTE issues.

Hey, if it feels right then it's right. You have another S12, and the other guy just has more money. You win.

Was it this one?

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=230886130

If so, I watched you buy it!

It's a decent price considering the average these days.

Yeah that's it. It's not new in the box but I always shoot my weapons anyway making them used.

I was watching it but something else caught my eye.

That is about the cheapest you are going to find one these days unless you find some total retard that has no clue how much they are worth.

Take it out & test fire it. I bet it works just fine.

A great candidate for a conversion too.

A conversion is on the list as is some of the little stuff I have done to mine...and I have contacted the guy who did mine to see what he would charge me to convert it. I really love mine so much that this could end up being a safe queen. Not sure yet. but I am not a gunsmith so I don't know about converting it myself....all I know is 36 hours ago I wasn't in the market for another s12 and now I own one.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

A conversion is on the list as is some of the little stuff I have done to mine...and I have contacted the guy who did mine to see what he would charge me to convert it. I really love mine so much that this could end up being a safe queen. Not sure yet. but I am not a gunsmith so I don't know about converting it myself....all I know is 36 hours ago I wasn't in the market for another s12 and now I own one.

Watch the videos from CSS and you can do the conversion with no knowledge of Saiga's. I did mine and I cant build lego's good.

I just tore my newer S12 down for a conversion and AK100 install. I'm not even done yet and I am considering a 24" model. One of those would be sweet with an AK100 stock IMO. Anyway, at todays prices it is incredibly hard for me to move forward on the purchase of another. I commend you for getting over it. Enjoy.

It took me about 3 hours to get thru the conversion start to finish ( not counting paint ) BUT that included cutting rear tang, installing folding mechanism for buttstock, slight mod to gas system and a few other odds and ends one dosen't USUALLY do in a "BASIC" conversion.

Essentually, if you watch every Vid CSS has for the Saiga12, do ALL of it, It took me 3 hours, and that was my first time, useing some less than perfect tools for portions of it.

If I'd had the proper tools for everything, would likely have shaved a good 30 minuts or so... and after haveing done one, I'm confident I could shave an hour off the second.

Theres nothing tricky about it, watch vid, pause, do 1 step, unpause and watch next step, pause, do next step... go slow, the whole process is quick and easy enough theres no sense in rushing it.

If you have questions or need help or advice, just post here, someone who's done it can and will usually help ya within just a few minuts.

Seriously though Boss, When I started, I was as nervous and scared of messing something up as a young man trying to score his first piece of tail... much like that same young man, once the deed is done you get a feeling of " that was it? hell lets do it again! "

you'd have to TRY to hurt the gun or mess up to a point of needing professional help to bail you out... Luckily even if you were TRYING, I'm not sure you could get far enough off course that a professional couldn't salvage it.

Good luck man.... though you won't need it

Aye, I've been dicking with ARs for years, swaping this, changeing that... the Saiga was my first real attempt at moding a weapon in a manor that didn't just require changeing out some bolt on crap... My next project is already slated to be a Hungarian PSL, with a Saiga 762 and Draco to follow. I've almost 100% reversed my views ok the AK platform and to be honest, will likely be selling off several high end ARs soon to fund new AK projects.

It really is an addiction LOL...

Great price To The Floor! I did my first conversion on mine a couple of years ago, and it didn't take anytime at all. Haven't painted it up pretty, and may not. I like it the way it is. I bought my 2nd S12 a year ago or so, it's still in the box. I just pulled the trigger, so to speak and ordered a few things to get the conversion started, and have already spent as much as the initial purchase. This one will be pretty and painted though, lol. Don't be afraid to hit it with a hammer. Don't be surprised if the hammer just bounces back and whacks you back in the head! lol Good luck! Take your time and do it right and enjoy it. The possibilities of how to build it are endless, look at lot's of pics here, and come up with your own unique design.

Anyone who spends money having someone else do a basic conversion is wasting their money completely. (no offense to those of you who went that route) The only things worth paying someone to do are some of the "upgrades" that a normal do-it-yourself person can't do, such as welding on HK sights, welding old trigger holes, AK100 trunnion install, shortening the gas system, smashing rivets, etc.. No basic move-the-trigger-forward-and-install-a-pistol-grip conversion is worth paying someone to do, especially if you have to pay an inflated price for the parts they use and even more for their overpriced labor on such an easy project. :ded:

But, nice purchase. I currently own 3 Saiga 12s and I would still like to find one or two more for future projects. :super:

Well I think I am going to try the conversion myself. I've been looking at Moe Zambeak's thread and the CSS video. If everyone else is doing it I should be able to get through it without too much frustration. I bought my first one with the basic conversion for not much more then I spent on this one...I have no regrets on that one. This one I will take everyone's suggestion and convert it myself after I know that it's running fine.