Folding Stock question

Folks, I recently bought a 20" barreled .223 Saiga, the IZ-110, and am thinking about converting it to resemble a Galil. I would like to use the Ace 8 1/2" long skeleton stock and their folder unit. My question is in regards to the Ace stamped AK receiver blocks. One of them, the AKRBC or compact receiver block requires cutting the tang off the back of the rifle. The other one is the AKRBU or universal receiver block, and from what I can gather from Ace's literature, it doesn't require you to cut the tang off. Although I'm not completely dead set against it I'd prefer to not cut the tang off. Does anyone have any experience with either of these receiver blocks? I had considered the Tapco unit but don't like the weird angle that it mounts at. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance folks! ;)

I woulg go ahead and cut the tang off. It is not hard alot of us do it on our S-12s to mount the rear block. If you want a galil replica that will be your best bet, it looks better and I feel because the rear block lhen mount inside of the reciever it is stronger than the one that just bolts to the tang.IMO

So you've used the compact receiver block and in addition to looking better it's a more sturdy unit, right? I've got a Dremel and I'm not afraid to use it. Damn, that sounded like some cornball western movie line! LOL! Anyway, once I convert this Saiga it'll never see the original Saiga stock, but won't this affect mounting a standard fixed stock later on down the line? So, once I do this I'll be limited to Ace stocks, with or without the folder mechanism, right?

Edit: Well gang, I just finished reading bohound's thread and she did exactly what I'm thinking about doing. :D

Edited by 2336