What is the best foldable & 6 position collapsible stock for the S

Id get a stock adapter/internal reciever block, ar commercial tube ,stock,folder mechinism may need an another price check carolina shooters supply they have all of those parts in stock and it would look way better/cleaner.

I would skio both of those linked to and use the following:

Internal adapter block. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-372/Saiga-AK47-Internal-Stock/Detail

AR tube adapter/folding mechanism. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-254/ACE-Saiga-folding-AR15/Detail

Buffer tube http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-444/AR15-CAR-BUFFER-TUBE/Detail

AR stock of you choice. I'm partial to something like this magpul CTR but an MOE would be more economical or there may be some other stock you prefer. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-347/MAGPUL-CTR-M4-STOCK/Detail

As to the forward rail. Again best is subjective, and depends on your end use, but I think one of the better setups and the one I went with is the ultimak rail. You'll need to drive to the hardware store to get screws that are longer but other than that it works on the S308. I'm not sure if any forum vendors sale it. Google will find you someone who does.

This draco shows both the folder stock and the ultimak (its not mine but I would like to build one similar to it:

DSC_00211.jpg

Neither setup is particularly cheap but the question was what is best.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just ordered the parts for the same basic set-up on my S-308. I decided to avoid cutting the tang on this rifle, (so it'll still take standard AK stocks), so I plan to use this ACE adapter to attach an Enidine Shot Stock with a Magpul CTR.

We'll see how much longer this makes the rifle, (compared to an internal receiver block). I have pretty long arms and naturally like a long LOP, so I think it'll work out.

Looks like a cool design, SOPMOD.. still too much plastic involved for my taste.

ymmv.

The AKM4 is all steel and aluminum except for the M4 stock part. The plastic hinge version is the second type shown. They offer the standard M4 buffer tube(buy with a threaded tail cap) and an M4 telestock.I don't like their telestock so I would probably replace it with a Magpul or a VLTOR but their hinge is probably 2x as strong as the hinge on my Ace stock and it's a better design.

Looks like a cool design, SOPMOD.. still too much plastic involved for my taste.

ymmv.

The AKM4 is all steel and aluminum except for the M4 stock part. The plastic hinge version is the second type shown. They offer the standard M4 buffer tube(buy with a threaded tail cap) and an M4 telestock.I don't like their telestock so I would probably replace it with a Magpul or a VLTOR but their hinge is probably 2x as strong as the hinge on my Ace stock and it's a better design.

The first one referenced in the video is the USAK (or UAS? you refer to by 2 different names), is that the metal one?

Ah, going to the website answered my question. Is there any chance you will be offering the 1st stock with the adjustable cheek rest without any folding or collapsing? A fixed stock like that would be pretty useful.

Edited by sauerquint
  • 2 years later...

Idk if anyone mentioned this yet but I just got my bonesteel m4 folding stock adapter with the tube and that thing is rock solid its like a internal block with a sleek qd slot on the right side of the tang and when folded it only extends as far as the tang I love it, now I need one for my IZ 132 :(