Buy or Wait?

Wifey gave me the go-ahead to purchase another Saiga 12, should I buy or wait?? What's your opinion??

(wifey here....i actually called the gun dealer to see what he had...was going to buy for hubby behind his back...am i not the greatest wife ever? vote now lol!)

what price can you get one at? under $700 in hand? if so then yes, I would get it.

If you can't beat that price I would wait and see if the eventual release of the akdal 1919 or additional shipments lowers prices again.

$700 out the door..................

what price can you get one at? under $700 in hand? if so then yes, I would get it.

If you can't beat that price I would wait and see if the eventual release of the akdal 1919 or additional shipments lowers prices again.

thats not a bad price considering. With the rising knowledge of the platform, problems at the factory, and intermitent shipments(with problems occured there), It dosn't seem like a bad buy if you can get it for that price out the door.

I say buy.

I picked up my last S-12 a 24" RAAC model for $649... add tax and any background check or other fees its close to the same price.

There is going to be a temporary shortage which won't allow the price to drop as I had earlier speculated. The factory is building a pile for a foreign contract and has temporarily suspended building the U.S. version until that order is filled. So...the U.S. version will be offline for about 3 months. There could be some still on the boat headed this way....or not. However there is a price increase, as usual, coming on the new production guns. So, the shortage price gouging may go away, only to be replaced with higher upstream costs that trickle down to retail of course.

At least that is the latest intel I have at the moment.

Tony

• Like 8

There is going to be a temporary shortage which won't allow the price to drop as I had earlier speculated. The factory is building a pile for a foreign contract and has temporarily suspended building the U.S. version until that order is filled. So...the U.S. version will be offline for about 3 months. There could be some still on the boat headed this way....or not. However there is a price increase, as usual, coming on the new production guns. So, the shortage price gouging may go away, only to be replaced with higher upstream costs that trickle down to retail of course.

Tony

Thats more solid evidence than I knew about. I had heard of references to problems at the factory, but not a contract interupting the supply of our neautered versions.

You guys know info like that is worth a plus one...

I vote to buy. I bought a 24 inch gun last week for a grand total $720. The prices might come down but not for at least 6 months to a year if you ask me and even then who knows how much. If you got the go ahead and the cash I say go for it.

Wait, Remember when you couldnt find a box of .380 ammo and if you could it was $50?? After everyone cleaned out their underwear from pooping in them because Obama was elected the price went way down and there are plenty of boxes now. This is the samething once there is no ban the demand will drastically drop and soon the Russians will drop their price because the vendors wont be buying any and that piss ant country needs $. The quality of the weapon is worth about $200 the demand is why its $700. Once that demands disappears the guns will pile up like a Great Dane's pile of shit which will drive the price way down.

Respectfully..... If you'll remember when the first price gougeing and shortages all started, was right about the time Obama started looking pretty seriously at the white house. Now we have info from Tony who's word I trust more than most that we are looking at a 3-6 month factory hold on production, another month to manufacture, and a month to ship once that contract is filled is gonna put us right back where?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Obama is in his 3rd year and they are already ramping up election campaigns and trying to decide which republican can dethrone him, sadly atm, the republicans have an empty hand in the game and Obama's gonna call their bluff. Anyone who thinks they won't see Obama's change for a second term I fear is sadly mistaken.

Now fast forward a bit with me... If Obama has done the quality job he's done so far of pissing off the world at large... AND he's done so MINDFUL that he'd have to answer to those actions while trying to get REelected... once the REelection is out of the way and he has nothing to loose, what kinda change do you think we'll see? He hasen't touched gun control at all first term, and we KNOW what his stance is on it.

Buy now boss, by time the Russians get more made, get em sent to us, filter thru the system and show up at your local stores... Obama is gonna be right in the middle of his reelection media blitz and they'll be seling for 1200.00+

Gun Control issues are essentually political suicide, he's not gonna touch it till his second term, but mark my words... he's gonna touch it and touch it hard his second term. He'll have nothing left to loose.

Never underestimate the masses of minorities who'll cast the vote just because he's a minority. The unwillingness of the average thinking man to go to the polls. Or the Republican party to come to a gun fight armed with a knife.

There are MILLIONS of Americans who'd rathor jump in front of a bus than see Obama in office again... getting them to the polls is the trick, and giveing them an option to choose over madness. I honestly don't think Obama would even RUN for a second term if he KNEW every Red Blooded American was going to cast a vote. Sadly, he's dosen't need 51% of the vote... he just needs 51% of the ACTIVE voters.. he has enough.

There are enough Minorities, Bleeding Heart Liberals, Die Hard Democrats, and just plain Stupid People to pave the way for him. And the republicans can't give us anyone that has a chance at pulling a portion of THAT vote away from him.

I hope I'm wrong, I PRAY that I'm wrong.... cause if I'm right... these next 4 are gonna get ugly.

As long as the Republicans don't put up a joke RINO candidate like Huckabee, Gingrich, McCain, Romney or Palin, Barry is done for. We shall see.

But... to get back on track...

You guys are also forgetting our new Akdal 1919... That little toy will have all the deep pockets in search of bragging rights, as well as the curious buying it. If the demand curve for a box fed 12gauge is static, and you have multiple importers replacing 1 for the Saiga, as well as new competition in the market, and no ban, you can't really expect the price to climb from normal market forces.

The big upward variables being exchange rate, and to a lesser extent politics, against all of the downward forces... No, wait. The price will not only be going down, it might go down a LOT.

the akdal 1919 isn't going to make that big of a impact untill the aftermarket embraces it. Were looking at less than 100 units currently, add in additional time to order ship in, and develop the parts that are going to get people jumping on this, I wouldn't expect it to have that big a impact right away. By the time it does make that impact theres no telling what the status of things will be for us.

we're looking at some time befor more units come in. in that time demand will increase with the rising knowledge of the platform and the next shipments arn't going to be much cheaper.

these guns have already gone from $250 to $600+ don't expect these numbers to diminish by much.

Tony

same same . I don't see them ever getting under $650.00

• Like 1

I voted wait but it all depends on how bad you gotta have it. As much as I'd love a 24" I don't mind waiting. They could go up, they could go down, or they could stay at $700ish.

Maybe once the Russians other contract is up we'll get some factory versions with a non neutered trigger and a pistol grip :angel:

Edited by WhiskeyMinion

Does any body see a difference in value between the IZ-108 and the IZ-109? I know the differences, just don't know if the is an overall general preference. Thanks!!

Edited by armory

sadly I'm going to try to get MKA when they

come.

I say sadly because the wait on after market

parts.And the 700+ price....But the quality

control seems more better on MKA.

So that helps spread the bill fold.

Another possible benefit to having the Akdal on the market is now there may be competition; also, the more shotties of this type may also mean less leaning toward onerous regs.

I just need two things...if I have the itch, and the money, I pay no attention whatsoever as to future possible price increases or decreases, I'll buy it. I don't buy for future sales, or trade-in value, or investment. I buy for use, and the satisfaction ownership provides.

On the other hand, I heard an economist type talking the other day, and to put what he said in the context of Saiga prices, "It's not the price of the guns going up, it's the value of the dollar going down. So it takes more of them, to buy the same thing."

Guy may be right. So, maybe we should factor that little matter into the equation too....

I think the S-12 price will fall again, once the study results are in. Demand also has to fade at some point as well. You'll most likely see S-12s in the $550.00 range within 6 months. So if you have the money and want to buy now, go for it. Otherwise, I say wait.

he's not gonna touch it till his second term, but mark my words... he's gonna touch it and touch it hard his second term. He'll have nothing left to loose.

Even though I'm not so sure Obama will get elected for another term. I'm willing to bet he doesn't revise gun laws if he does. Anyone want to put some money on it?

I have the luxury of waiting it out because Tony at Tromix already made my S12 badass :killer: ....

But it is crazy that on multiple sites, once the "scare" from the study reared its ugly head.....those that never even heard of a Saiga 12 wanted one....

I think prices can only get better (if they continue to import)

EDIT: Almost forgot to answer the question.....BUY BUY BUY

I would rather pay a little extra then to not pay and never have one if they stop importing

Edited by Saiga Power