Demon muzzle brake from CSS

Anyone have this and what are your opinions on it. I know a lot of guys on here swear by the 74 brake but I want to get something a little different. I am open to any suggestions.

Hmm... Interesting design. I do wonder how effective it is.

Primary Weapons Systems brakes are pricey, but proven to be very effective. I got one on my S308. It makes shooting .308 feel like 7.62x39 mm.

Looks just like a smaller copy / rifle version of the DPH Pheonix Flame breacher for the S12. Is it made by DPH or CSS?

23536.JPG

2367340.JPG

We do not make either one. The Saiga 12 flame is the DPH version of the smaller rifle that was already in production. I like the look of it myself.

If it's a good brake and the ammo is tuned for a brake, then it works well. If the ammo isn't tuned for a brake, then it doesn't work at all. The brake on my PSL works very well with Czech silvertip, but Wolf or Tula kicks like a mule (and throws brass 25 feet).

Some of the 'brakes' out there just look mean, and don't do anything to reduce the recoil, it depends on both the design of the brake and the ammo.

I understand it may seem that some brakes out there would not do much for recoil, however I know that CSS would not sell or advertise something on there site that is totally useless. Everything I have gotten from them has worked perfectly so I would like to hear there honest opinion on the brake. It looks like with the ports it should cut down on flash significantly.

So if some brakes dont like certain ammo then what brake if any will do its job with any ammo.

Edited by dashowdy

There is a product by Troy industries called the Medevil brake, and it is billed as a "flash enhancer". There are muzzle brakes out there which really do make spectacular fireballs and blast waves and shoot flames out dramatically. I would ask arround for somone who has actually owned and shot one of these to verrify that the compensation does not also come with greatly enhanced flash and blast.

I have been hoping that someone on here has one but to no reply yet. truthfully I will probably end up getting this one and the 74 brake just for fun. I guess I might be the guinea pig on this one.

Edited by dashowdy
So if some brakes dont like certain ammo then what brake if any will do its job with any ammo

Only one I know of that might fit in that category is a Miculek(sp?). They're LOUD as all hell, and punch you in the chest if you're not on the trigger. The one on my buddy's AR didn't seem to care what kind of ammo he fed it. They're also not cheap.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...