Bolton Gas Sight Gas Block

use a 5/64 or smaller allen wrench to see if the holes line up. Should be able to angle the allen wrench into the gas block and put the short leg down through both holes. Then you should be able to see the end of the allen wrench inside the barrel.

If the holes really don't line up then move the block. Don't drill a new hole in the barrel.

Pics would help btw.

Talked to both A.J. and Jim Fuller at Riffle Dynamics, regarding this issue the Saiga barrels have a 90 deg hole on barrel and the hole in the Bolton is 45 deg - also I'm using an Ultimak rail gas tube same length as oem gas tube.

What Rifle Dynamics does with the Saigas is weld the 90 deg barrel port and re-drill a 45 deg port forward about 3/8" to make them index. I was Leary about tigging the barrel as well, but they say they have done hundreds with no issues. I'll see when I get it back.

Lessons learned:

Some advice for those that want this type of configuration, after removal of the FSB and gas block have barrel hole welded and re-drill the 45 deg hole, thread and crown then bead blast and finish with molly resin. also what I did was use JB weld and sanded the pin groves and dimples from the FSB and dimples from the gas block and painted the barrel from the end of the Bolton Sight Gas Block ( Bolton was also bead blasted and coated with Molly) forward with Brownells Aluma Hyde Mat Black. It is very close to the Flat Black Norrell's Molly Resin and looks great. There are those that have negative thoughts about using JB but It sure seems a lot better then welding and having the the barrel turned which requires it to be removed as well.

Will post pics when I get it finished.

Edited by Oceanrover