How to check form 4 status?

It seems that you have the forms confused. If you built a suppressor using a form 1, you would be the suppressor maker, not any company. So, checking the status of a form 1 shouldn't be any different than what you did for the form 4, but don't quote me on that. I've never submitted form 1.

save the phone call, I can tell you exactly what they will say when you call them to check on the status: "it's pending". you aren't going to get anything more then that, you just have to be patient, you aren't going to speed up the process

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

save the phone call, I can tell you exactly what they will say when you call them to check on the status: "it's pending". you aren't going to get anything more then that, you just have to be patient, you aren't going to speed up the process

The only additional information you might get is that it sat on a desk unopened for well over a month before it went pending.

I agree that it is only going to piss you off so save the phone call.

I am 2 months into my wait for my suppressor as of tomorrow (to the form 3 took 2 and a half months when it is only supposed to take up to 6 weeks). I figure it will take another 2 months with their current track record.

FYI, I sent a change of address notice for my first suppressor (had an SBR, C&R FFL and another suppressor registered to my new address during this time), and I got the letter confirming they received my address change a year and a month after I sent it to them (sent April 10, 2010 and received May 15, 2011).

• 2 weeks later...

The only additional information you might get is that it sat on a desk unopened for well over a month before it went pending.

My experience with calling in regards to an inordinate delay discovered that it had been processed & approved but the final step to actually mailing it was not done as was indeed sitting on the proverbial desk. I received it about 4 or so days after calling.

I just want to make sure it is pending... I'm not in a hurry, my stamps come back in 40 days or less anyways...

40 days? For a form 4? It took 40 days for the form 3 to go through for the S-17 that should show up tomorrow at my dealer. I don't expect to get a form 4 before mid August at earliest.

May 6 check cash, got my Form 4 Friday the 3rd. I'm batting 2 in a row less than 40 days... I'm very pleased with that!!!

It took almost 60 days for my SBS form 1 to go pending from the day I mailed it. The woman on the phone said I would be looking at another 4 months. I just assumed that was the timeline they give to everyone, just in case it takes that long. Hopefully it comes sooner. I was expecting a 3 month wait, which would be the end of this month. We shall see what happens. :unsure: