5.45 no need for bullet guide?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had 1 jam out of 100 rounds without a bullet guide while using milsurps. Made a bullet guide for it, and haven't had a jam since (about 300rds later). I had to make a bullet guide because the CSS ro

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but I just opened up my 5th tin of 7n6 without a single FTF or FTE using Bulgarian mags and no bullet guide in my Saiga.

A Saiga rifle without a bullet guide is crippled. Why allow your Saiga to have the reliability of an AR when for an extra $20 it can have the reliability of a Kalashnikov!

so i should get another bullet guide?

If you modified the bullet guide to fit the factory mag, then that may be a good idea, as you probably defeated the purpose of the bullet guide if you shortened it up to work with factory mags, instead of just modifying the factory mags (you really don't have to take much off of the front of the factory mags to make them work with the bullet guide installed).

but on my 7.62, i installed dinzags bg, and the factory mags fit and works without modifying, and it does not jam with military mags either, whats the different between 5.45 and 7.62, they both have flat trunnion

I don't know about Dinzig's bullet guide, I purchased my bullet guides from Carolina Shooters Supply. Maybe Dinzigs has a different shape or demension that allows it to work with factory mags that have not been modified. I just know that my factory mags wouldnt seat after installing the bullet guides, until I took a little off the front catch/lip of the mag. I have two 7.62's, one had a round trunnion and the other flat. I had to narrow down the bullet guide for the rifle with the flat trunion, so that it would lay down flat on the flat part of the trunnion.

Edited by TJohn