Excuse the ignorance, but I have some questions about my Saiga 12's 922r compliance.

The lists of parts I added/replaced on my Saiga 12:

- pistol grip

- buttstock

- muzzle attachment

- gas puck

- Forearm/Handguard

That puts me within 922r compliance even with the stock (Russian) mag (I only use my US SureFire Mag anyway).

That is if I don't count the front and rear trunnions. I don't understand why these are not counted as foreign parts on the Saiga 12, but are referred to as existing parts regularly in this forum.

Do the front and rear trunnions exist on the Saiga 12?

Also, can the magazine count for three parts only when it is IN the weapon? What if you store it right next to the gun, but not actually IN the weapon?

922r - what a stupid idea

Excuse the ignorance, but I have some questions about my Saiga 12's 922r compliance.

The lists of parts I added/replaced on my Saiga 12:

- pistol grip

- buttstock

- muzzle attachment

- gas puck

- Forearm/Handguard

That puts me within 922r compliance even with the stock (Russian) mag (I only use my US SureFire Mag anyway).

That is if I don't count the front and rear trunnions. I don't understand why these are not counted as foreign parts on the Saiga 12, but are referred to as existing parts regularly in this forum.

The trunions are part of the reciever.

Do the front and rear trunnions exist on the Saiga 12?

Yep. they are there.

Also, can the magazine count for three parts only when it is IN the weapon? What if you store it right next to the gun, but not actually IN the weapon?

No one is going to come into your house and check to see if your gun is 922r compliant just make sure when you are at the range or hunting you are using the mag. By this reasoning everytime you reloaded you would be out of compliance while the mag was out of the gun.

922r - what a stupid idea

It is just a form of gun control to stop the the importability of some guns. Its a loophole in the law and your goverment at work.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response...

I'm just wondering why in all the online 922r checklists and in the articles I read the trunnions aren't counted in the Saiga 12's 14 compliance parts.

If I use the Dinzag article or http://jobson.us/922r/ as a guide - then I'm compliant even with the stock mag. And "very compliant" without any mag (I have 5 US parts not counting a US mag).

So they exist, but why aren't they counted as compliant parts? And do they have a front or just a rear?