Never ever ask "What's next?"

I've got three feet of magic marker outlining the blood clots in my right leg.

Glad we are about out of Fridays this month.

Fridays have really sucked here lately.

Building fire, then a funeral, now I go in to the clinic for a bruised knee, and end up on the fifth floor, Pittsburgh VA Hospital for Memorial Day...................Waa-Hoo..............:smoke:

Hey man, I don't know you but GET WELL SOON!

At least you got a good attitude & that count for more than you think!

The VA will get you squared away, they've always done me right & they did my old man right too.

well, at least they wont be sending any doctors in that dont speak english properly while you are coherant or awake.

look at it on the bright side, Tom, at least you are covered. the last months events would cripple someone like me for a looooong time.

hope you feel better soon.

That sucks. But what you have is not good. But they caught it.

Pulmonary embolisms are much, much worse.

We had a guy at work drop dead from a PE. He was walking though the office and just collapse in the cube farm. He worked maybe 500 yards from one of the big emergency departments in town. EMS came, could never get anything, called it right there.

So I'd listen to what they tell you to do.

Get well soon. And I hope you have a better June.

Tom,sorry to here about your health issues.My father has been patched up three times now at the Pittsburg VA,had both his neck arteries scraped out,and a huge anurism repaired.They took great care of him every time.At least you're in good hands there.

Hope you get all patched up there Tom.

Have the doc write you a script for Jack Daniels.... keeps the blood thin.

And don't let them start using that magic marker on your pecker!

(unless a cute nurse just wants to do a smiley face on it)

Back Home again.............I'm on doubled up blood thinners.......WTF......"Don't cut your nails you might bleed to death".

OK they got my attention with that one...........

Going to have to slow down on the clean-up.

Maybe hire some of those eastern Ohio mexicans they have up here..........They call them "Amish"

Hope you get all patched up there Tom.

Have the doc write you a script for Jack Daniels.... keeps the blood thin.

And don't let them start using that magic marker on your pecker!

(unless a cute nurse just wants to do a smiley face on it)

that would require the (are you ready?) Head nurse LOL.

Back Home again.............I'm on doubled up blood thinners.......WTF......"Don't cut your nails you might bleed to death".

OK they got my attention with that one...........

Going to have to slow down on the clean-up.

Maybe hire some of those eastern Ohio mexicans they have up here..........They call them "Amish"

Tom glad to hear your back out and hope and pray you get better real soon. Are you getting shots in the stomach for the clot? Last summer I had to have 2 shots every morning for 5 days but I didn't have a clot as it turned out it was an infection that almost resulted in me losing my left leg. Wish you the best and get well soon.

Edited by theDuke

Yes, I'm giving myself the injections to the stomach................Even using my Jedi powers that sucks..............

Definitely blood clots......................getting better now.................Of course they scare hell out of you with the "You might bleed to death from a papercut" routine. Oh and they really goes nuts when you start talking about running the metal working machines.......:cryss:

Imagine you will eventually be switched to oral blood thinner only (Coumadin/warfarin), once the level is therapeutic. Then no more shots, and eventually (6 months maybe) you will be off that also. Gives you something to look forward to at least.

Of course they scare hell out of you with the "You might bleed to death from a papercut" routine. Oh and they really goes nuts when you start talking about running the metal working machines.......:cryss:

Tell them not to worry...

If you cut the shit out of your self on the machines, you'll be sure to seal it up when you burn the shit out of the same appendage while welding.

• Like 1

Of course they scare hell out of you with the "You might bleed to death from a papercut" routine. Oh and they really goes nuts when you start talking about running the metal working machines.......:cryss:

Tell them not to worry...

If you cut the shit out of your self on the machines, you'll be sure to seal it up when you burn the shit out of the same appendage while welding.

Gotta love the solution :lolol: