Best prices on 223's?

Hello,

I am looking to purchase two Saiga 223's or maybe even 7.62x39's.... haven't quite decided yet. I have never owned an AK or variant and am pretty new to semi-auto rifles. I have been hunting and shooting for 30 years, typically with bolt rifles and revolvers.

My question is, where can I find the best deal on a pair of 223's or x39's? Any other tips are appreciated such as what mags are most reliable / cost effective or just general tips for a greenhorn etc...

Regards,

Josh

I'd go with CSS , Peach State, Atlantic, maybe Tac 47 might have some also..

.223 will limit you to some mag choices.. unless you upgrade and get the MSA AR mag adaptor.. :super:

or go with 7.62x39 and run regular AK47 mags with just a simple bullet-guide installed.. (and some 922r parts)...

I think the 223/5.56 will be more accurate..

Al

What is dimpled?

+1. What is that???

He means that there are indentations on both sides of the receiver at the mag well. Provides lateral stabilization for the magazine so it doesn't flop around side-to-side like. Older rifles did not have this feature from what I understand. My has them and the mags are rock solid.