New guy, Saiga 100 vs. VPER, going to buy

Hi

I am glad to find this site. I have been wanting to buy a reasonibly priced semi-auto 223 for some time. I have ruled out a mini-14 and are strongly considering a saiga.

EAA has me confused between the 100 and the VEPR. I like :wub: the VEPR but in 223 they only offer a 16" barrel. In the saiga 100 they have a 22" but they have not talked about the accuracy. As you can probably guess, my main concern is accuracy. How would these two compare. I am looking for around 1" @100 yrds with quality ammo or reloads if I need to. (I currently reload 308 for a savage 10fp with good success :killer: ) With "cheap" ammo I would be happy with 2". Are these capable?

Another question is availibility of either?

My $400 -$600 :dollar: rests on your input.

Edited by thinking

Greatest difference between Saiga and VEPR is price and appearance Don't think one will outlast the other. If you are after 1" MOA or better at 100yd I'd go for a decent heavy barrel bolt action. (My opinion only, and opinions are sort of like

a-- holes in that everyone has one)

go for the vper, eaa just started inporting a gun called the VEPR pioneer get it in a 22 inch barrel , also its a heavy barrel for accuracy, they are about 450 bux they look better also, plus they told me on the phone it is thier sniper rifle, plus has 10 rnd clip compared to the saiga 100 4 rnd, so its up to u, also u can get a draunov scope for the 223 at dsaarms.com that is bullet drop compinsated, up to u i got 1, best ak variant on the market, remember its called the pioneer, they have some other calibers u cant get in the HUNTER model, get the vepr pioneer, i get 1.25 inch groups,very accurate, so there it is

KySoilder

Before I started reloading my savage 10fp loved Black Hills Ammunition 308 Winchester 168 Grain Match Hollow Point. I purchased it through MidwayUSA.com. The brass from the ammo is also proofing to be the best for reloading.

Also If you do not have the new Accu-trigger, get a timney replacement trigger and set it to between 2 or 3lbs. It made a huge improvement in accuracy.

Edited by thinking
Greatest difference between Saiga and VEPR is price and appearance Don't think one will outlast the other.

I have been told that VEPRs also are made with the RPK receiver. The RPK receiver uses a little thicker sheet metal, but considering that very little stress is placed on the AK receiver, I doubt that it makes any difference.

Hi

Well, I got a return Email from EAA and the saiga 100 and their Vepr with not be availible until "mid summer" at best. My local gun shop does not know Robinson's. Do not know if I want to waite for EAA or go another route.

Any suggestion as to other importers that my local shop could contact?

Thinking

Edited by thinking