looking for the best mags

as the title says i am looking for the best mags for my saiga 12 im not worried bout brand too much mainly for capacity and size. i have a typical tactical vest that has pouches for ar-15 mags i was wondering what s-12 mags will fit in these pouches? i dont even have my saiga 12 yet but i am getting prepared for a 3-gun and i want to know what i should buy without spending too much (spared no expense on ammo lol so im a bit low on cash)

It depends on alot of things AGP's 10rd'ers are my favorite for rock-n-lock because they have a steel feed lip but it you want to run a magwell I would use a R and R target magwell with 12rd surefire mags, no steel feed lips but they seem to have no problems. Check out there web site and there post on this forum if you are wanting to get into 3-gun. As for mag pouches although he is no longer a forum business member and I can't give you a link search "The vest guy" if he does not have it contact him and he can make it. Hope this helps.

If you're going to use a magwell the AGPs will work out great for you.

In a stock gun using rock-n-lock loading, the front lug on the magazines will bust off pretty easily as with pretty much all non-reinforced poly mags.

Unless you're using 3" magnums the surefire mags will work great either way, they seem to be a little more robust with their front lug in my experiences.

It depends on alot of things AGP's 10rd'ers are my favorite for rock-n-lock because they have a steel feed lip but it you want to run a magwell I would use a R and R target magwell with 12rd surefire mags, no steel feed lips but they seem to have no problems. Check out there web site and there post on this forum if you are wanting to get into 3-gun. As for mag pouches although he is no longer a forum business member and I can't give you a link search "The vest guy" if he does not have it contact him and he can make it. Hope this helps.

I don't know about that I just got two 12rd Surefire mags and both FTF on the eleventh round every time. I think I saw a post where people were adding material to the follower to keep it from tilting too much.

as the title says i am looking for the best mags for my saiga 12 im not worried bout brand too much mainly for capacity and size. i have a typical tactical vest that has pouches for ar-15 mags i was wondering what s-12 mags will fit in these pouches? i dont even have my saiga 12 yet but i am getting prepared for a 3-gun and i want to know what i should buy without spending too much (spared no expense on ammo lol so im a bit low on cash)

the best mags for the S12 are the OEM's (that's the Russian 5 and 8-rounders)..

for 20-round drum mags, there's no contest, its MD20.

for US-made 8 and 10 rounders, surefires and AGP's seem fine.

My favorite are the surefire mags. I probably bought twelve 12 rounders for $25 each. I am not crazy about the length so I cut many of them down to 8 rounders. Takes about 5 minutes. The $25 each deal is gone now but I have found a place to get surefire 10 round mags for $30 each...and they will cut down to 8 too. BTW I don't have problems with my promags either but I shoot silicone down them before I first use them. I only have one AGP so I won't comment on that. The MD20 are great but the 12 round promag drums and the 8 round surefires are really my favorite and although the the russian mags are considered the most reliable I don't have any.