Sorry if its been beat to death, I did try the search feature. Do 3" slugs fit in the surefire magazines. When I bought them the website said something about "not for steel hulls" I shot some golden bear 2.75, they worked great. but the 3" federal #4 shot wouldn't fit so I was curious about the silver bear. I was going to order some online but I wanted to double check. Thanks.

i think more than anything you just need to pop on a box and try them. i know there is a discrepancy in the actual shell sizes vary. and this variance is what decides whether they work or not. i dont think its so much the metal hull but more the differences in size on the metal hulls so sgm just covers their but with the disclaimer. the sgm mags arent supposed to work with anything but the 3" shells and alot of people have no probs running the 2-3/4" rounds. so hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

They work in mine, both slugs and buckshot.

Cycled fine too.

Frankly, I think the gun was actually made for these.

Yep, Ordered the 2 3/4 Golden Bear Slugs from the sportsmans guide just to be safe, but when I got them they were 3" magnum, but no worries, they fit and function in the surefire mags fine.

They work in mine, both slugs and buckshot.

Cycled fine too.

Frankly, I think the gun was actually made for these.

Yep, Ordered the 2 3/4 Golden Bear Slugs from the sportsmans guide just to be safe, but when I got them they were 3" magnum, but no worries, they fit and function in the surefire mags fine.

They are 2 1/2" shells. Since steel hulls have no crimp, the length does not change after firing. You will find that fired 2 1/2" hulls are the same length as the steel.

• 1 month later...
What piston setting are you guys using for the Silver Bear Slugs. I had 1 malfunction in 10 rounds on the (1) Setting. I may go with (2) setting.
Mine has I shot 150 rounds on #1 setting with no problems. Actually mine has cycled everything on #1 setting with the exception of dupo 7s (which are a really light load, they don't even cycle on #2). But Remington, Federal, WInchester, birdshot, buckshot, whatever all on #1. But I think each gun is different you just have to find what works for you. Edited by bigdaddyhatty

My gun is getting better. I can shoot Birdshot on the #1 setting now.

But every once in a while it will catch the bottom and crimp a silver bear a bit.

It catches the bottom of the loading path and dents up the shell a bit.

Funny thing I can now fire Remington birdshot on #1 with no prob.

I'll shoot more rounds to break it in.