Two weeks ago I was minding my own business driving back home on the freeway. I see a state trooper about 10 cars ahead so I dont slow down under the speed limit like alot of other people do and do the speed limit. Hes going about 5 miles slower than the posted speed limit and I pass him on the left. He then matches my speed looks over at me then slows down fast and gets behind me. So I change lanes cause my exit was comming up and he follows me and is right on my ass. I take my exit and turn right I go about 1/2 mile and he lights me up.

He comes up to my right side window I say hi ya tropper whats the problem as I hand him my DL, insurance card and ccw permit. He asks me do I have a loaded gun on my persons, I say yes, then asks me not to touch it or unholster it and I say of course not officer and keep both my hands on the wheel. He asks me do I know why he stopped me, I say no. Well I recognized your car, I pulled you over 6 months ago ( I got a warning ) and Im pulling you over now because your windows look way to dark. He then produces a small machine and sticks it on my window. Yep, just as I thought, 32%, thats illegal. I say I know it is I have a perscription for it. He wants to see it so I tell him its in the glovebox, I open it slowly with one hand, pause so he can get a look inside, then give it to him.

He looks it over, hands it back and then says, Im going to give you a ticket for driving in the carpool lane. I said I dont recall driving in it, but if you must can I just get a warning please. He says nope, be right back and keep your hands on the wheel. Comes back hands me a ticket for $190 and its a moving violation WTF!

So I call the courts today and I tell them I want to contest the ticket. She gave me the option of either paying the fine or making an appointment with a hearings officer, next apt is end of Aug. So my ticket will remain in limbo until then.

I think I have a good chance of getting it dropped because he pulled me over because he recognized my car, couldnt give me a ticket for the window tint so he said I was driving in the carpool and ticketed me for that. Im going to fight this BS, the least I can do is get him into court on his day off.

• Like 2

those window tint machines are a real bitch arnt they , recently had exatly the same situation , i also produced a perscription , but that only allows you 35% tint , i have 20 and i know it , just never thought i,d run into a trooper with that device , but his devise read my tint at like 12 or 13% , he let me off with a warning , and some kind of paperwork on having my tint removed but i dont think ill be following threw on that deal .. good luck on that ticket , in my expieriance ,unless hes got you on video it s youre word against his , this means he wins , but good luck !!

I've fought the law.......and the law won

Good luck bro

LOL!

Did you take it to court?

i hate to say it but he was prob,mad that you had a right to ccw!

Well, that and/or the given county in which GREYLUPO was pulled over really needed funds added to its coffers. It is kind of odd how the officer simply shifted to "driving in the carpool lane" after finding out he could not bust the OP with the tinted window.

Good luck bro

LOL!

Well, that and/or the given county in which GREYLUPO was pulled over really needed funds added to its coffers. It is kind of odd how the officer simply shifted to "driving in the carpool lane" after finding out he could not bust the OP with the tinted window.

You might know it, Hennepin county.

After all it is road construction season

Edited by GREYLUPO

those window tint machines are a real bitch arnt they , recently had exatly the same situation , i also produced a perscription , but that only allows you 35% tint , i have 20 and i know it , just never thought i,d run into a trooper with that device , but his devise read my tint at like 12 or 13% , he let me off with a warning , and some kind of paperwork on having my tint removed but i dont think ill be following threw on that deal .. good luck on that ticket , in my expieriance ,unless hes got you on video it s youre word against his , this means he wins , but good luck !!

Mine are rated up to 20%. Here they give you a fix it ticket. You remove the tint , have any cop sign off on it and you dont have to pay a fine. Its BS.

Good luck bro

LOL!

That and both my arms are fully tattooed

Is deferred adjudication an option in your jurisdiction? Won't skirt the fine but will be able to skirt the ticket if you stay clean for six months.

Yakdung

I dont know Ill look into that thanks.

Is it possible you could have driven in the carpool lane? Because I didn't see a real clear denial about that. If you did, then he's got you fair and square regardless of what he pulled you over for. If you didn't and he made that up then that is pretty serious stuff and I would definitely fight it in court. He may be uncomfortable lying about it in court and just not show up, in which case you win. Or if he does then he will have to lie and at least you can tell your side of the story and be pretty certain this guy is probably slowly digging himself a hole if he is sacrificing his integrity for a lousy carpool lane ticket.

Is it possible you could have driven in the carpool lane? Because I didn't see a real clear denial about that. If you did, then he's got you fair and square regardless of what he pulled you over for. If you didn't and he made that up then that is pretty serious stuff and I would definitely fight it in court. He may be uncomfortable lying about it in court and just not show up, in which case you win. Or if he does then he will have to lie and at least you can tell your side of the story and be pretty certain this guy is probably slowly digging himself a hole if he is sacrificing his integrity for a lousy carpool lane ticket.

I could have yes, I cant say one way or the other so Ill try and fight it. If he can prove it with video fine, Ill pay the ticket and be done with it. What I have a problem with is getting pulled for him recognizing my car and then getting a ticket for something else. Also busting my balls about my tints even though he already knew I had a Dr note.

Good luck bro

LOL!

Yes I did and have all appropriate documentation to plead my case. Could see the look on the face of the judge the second I walked in. He and the officer were good buddies and my fate had already been sealed

I 'fought' a ticket one time in SoCal,... and won! The CHP officer was a newbie, assigned to traffic duty in the rural desert area of L A and San Bernardino Counties. It was a Sunday morning, we were taking the back roads to the Edwards AFB airshow. She pulled me over for a failure to 'full-stop' before turning right onto the road behind her. This means she observed the 'Crime' in her mirror. I tried to reason with her at the time, then decided to go ahead and take it to Traffic Court. I showed up and she didn't, so the ticket was dismissed. I saved the $150 fine and the points that would have caused me a steep rise in insurance costs, but did have to pay the gas for a 130 R/T to the court in Palmdale.

You can win if the circumstances are 'right'. In my case I knew where I was, and she didn't. She had no idea of where we were. I got the feeling she didn't know where the court was, as she set the location for the wrong county. I also could figure that if we set the appearance near or during the December holidays, the odds were in my favor about her being a no-show. Otherwise under different circumstances I would have shut-up, paid and bitched about it after !!

• Like 1

Cell phone video. Even if it doesn't get the picture, it still gets the conversation. Seems like you had plenty of forewarning that he was clocking you to flip it on and lay it on the seat. Bah.... then he'd get you for cell phone use while driving, too.

At least he didnt shoot you!rolleyes.gif

I actually got out of a window tint ticket one time b/c I was carrying. Got pulled for no reason and one of the first things he said was "what % is that tint?" "I dont know officer" "well I'll check it out in a minute and we'll see"

Needless to say once he seen my XDM with m6(Right after they came out) he was so in love with it he actually called another car with 2 cops in it to show them. I live in the country and the cops have nothing better to do.

The worst thing you can do is go into a town thats broke, The small town of Chesnee, SC right down the road from me went broke literally a couple years ago, Now they have 2 police and I shit you not anytime you see them they have somebody pulled, Its not unusual to go the gas station and the chinese joint and see the same cop with 2 or 3 people pulled at diffrent places befor I get out of that aweful place!! Watch your ass in a place that needs money.

Good luck man, your word against his and you lose every time. Maybe he wont show.

When did MI instate a tint law? been outa the loop for a minute. FYI-you were passing in the left lane to avoid slower traffic, car pool lane or not what your doing is legal. When the fuck did MI start getting "car pool lanes" anyway?

Two weeks ago I was minding my own business driving back home on the freeway. I see a state trooper about 10 cars ahead so I dont slow down under the speed limit like alot of other people do and do the speed limit. Hes going about 5 miles slower than the posted speed limit and I pass him on the left. He then matches my speed looks over at me then slows down fast and gets behind me. So I change lanes cause my exit was comming up and he follows me and is right on my ass. I take my exit and turn right I go about 1/2 mile and he lights me up.

He comes up to my right side window I say hi ya tropper whats the problem as I hand him my DL, insurance card and ccw permit. He asks me do I have a loaded gun on my persons, I say yes, then asks me not to touch it or unholster it and I say of course not officer and keep both my hands on the wheel. He asks me do I know why he stopped me, I say no. Well I recognized your car, I pulled you over 6 months ago ( I got a warning ) and Im pulling you over now because your windows look way to dark. He then produces a small machine and sticks it on my window. Yep, just as I thought, 32%, thats illegal. I say I know it is I have a perscription for it. He wants to see it so I tell him its in the glovebox, I open it slowly with one hand, pause so he can get a look inside, then give it to him.

He looks it over, hands it back and then says, Im going to give you a ticket for driving in the carpool lane. I said I dont recall driving in it, but if you must can I just get a warning please. He says nope, be right back and keep your hands on the wheel. Comes back hands me a ticket for $190 and its a moving violation WTF!

So I call the courts today and I tell them I want to contest the ticket. She gave me the option of either paying the fine or making an appointment with a hearings officer, next apt is end of Aug. So my ticket will remain in limbo until then.

I think I have a good chance of getting it dropped because he pulled me over because he recognized my car, couldnt give me a ticket for the window tint so he said I was driving in the carpool and ticketed me for that. Im going to fight this BS, the least I can do is get him into court on his day off.

Just wondering why you offered up your ccw permit? I dont offer unless they ask if I have a weapon, otherwise I dont feel it is thier business to know.....

When did MI instate a tint law? been outa the loop for a minute. FYI-you were passing in the left lane to avoid slower traffic, car pool lane or not what your doing is legal. When the fuck did MI start getting "car pool lanes" anyway?

I live in Minnesota, they have them in and out of St. Paul Minneapolis. Between the hours of 1400-1900 You can only use it if you have two people or on a motorcycle. I got stopped at 1600.

Just wondering why you offered up your ccw permit? I dont offer unless they ask if I have a weapon, otherwise I dont feel it is thier business to know.....

I always do just to put them at ease and let them know Im not some felon shitbag. Besides, they type it in when you get pulled over so the next cop that runs your plate knows you are a ccw holder and might have a loaded gun on you.

I always do just to put them at ease and let them know Im not some felon shitbag. Besides, they type it in when you get pulled over so the next cop that runs your plate knows you are a ccw holder and might have a loaded gun on you.

I did not know that......

Good to know

I did not know that......

Good to know

I dont agree with it either but it falls in into "officer safety"

I could have yes, I cant say one way or the other so Ill try and fight it. If he can prove it with video fine, Ill pay the ticket and be done with it. What I have a problem with is getting pulled for him recognizing my car and then getting a ticket for something else. Also busting my balls about my tints even though he already knew I had a Dr note.

C'mon, man; this is that bullshit Bart Simpson, "you can't prove it" crap and it is a big piece of what's wrong with this Country these days. If you were in the carpool lane, you know it, and if you were, go pay the fuckin' ticket. Sure the cop was being an asshole, they get paid for that, and he probably had something stored up on you, but if he's got that on you, own up. They really are supposed to be on our side, but when we make it a game with them, I can't blame them for trying to fuck with the gameplayers. If you really weren't in the carpool lane, and you think he's fucking with you, go fight it out, but if you're just gaming it; give it up and go on; ain't worth it.

C'mon, man; this is that bullshit Bart Simpson, "you can't prove it" crap and it is a big piece of what's wrong with this Country these days. If you were in the carpool lane, you know it, and if you were, go pay the fuckin' ticket. Sure the cop was being an asshole, they get paid for that, and he probably had something stored up on you, but if he's got that on you, own up. They really are supposed to be on our side, but when we make it a game with them, I can't blame them for trying to fuck with the gameplayers. If you really weren't in the carpool lane, and you think he's fucking with you, go fight it out, but if you're just gaming it; give it up and go on; ain't worth it.

Ill see what the hearing officer says in 3 months. I dont care about paying I care its a moving violation. I gonna fight it, If I lose Ill pay, if not itll be dropped

Ill see what the hearing officer says in 3 months. I dont care about paying I care its a moving violation. I gonna fight it, If I lose Ill pay, if not itll be dropped

Are you sure it's a moving violation? If it is, that sucks because there is no direct safety issue with that.

Are you sure it's a moving violation? If it is, that sucks because there is no direct safety issue with that.

Yes I asked him and I asked the court, its a moving violation and cost more than a speeding ticket ta boot

It goes the other way with Minnesota State Troopers as well. I'm originally from up north there and had my license expire while stationed overseas. Minnesota at the time would issue an extension card that had to be presented with the expired license and military ID. Upon returning stateside, on my to my next duty station, a trooper nabbed me just south of Burnsville with a pretty good speed violation. What made it worse was the fact I was in a construction zone which I thought it was out of. After looking at my credentials, he tossed them back in my window, told me to slow down and have a safe trip. Looks like in your case, he pulled you over then started digging for a reason for the stop. Good luck, hopefully he doesn't show in court and it gets dropped. Minnesota tint laws suck btw. Been pulled over for that too.

I live in Minnesota, they have them in and out of St. Paul Minneapolis. Between the hours of 1400-1900 You can only use it if you have two people or on a motorcycle. I got stopped at 1600.

This all makes more sense now, LOL!