A quick fix is:

1 pound of Bob Evans savory sage ground sausage, browned and drained.

1 big can of cream of mushroom soup stirred in until hot.

Course ground black pepper to taste.

Serve over over hash browns or biscuits and garnish with a dippy egg on top!

(I know what I'm getting at the store tonight!)

A quick fix is:

WHAT WHAT WHAT?! Drain, thats blasphemy. What don't you yanks use flour and grease to make gravy? :angel:

A quick fix is:

WHAT WHAT WHAT?! Drain, thats blasphemy. What don't you yanks use flour and grease to make gravy? :angel:

Bahh. Most yanks don't know how to do it right. Thank God for southern roots.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I always make my own sausage gravy. On the advice to try this I picked up a can. In a hurry this morning so I made some biscuits and put this Libby's Sausage Gravy on them. My unbiased report is that you will be disappointed with this stuff if you normally make your own. As a matter of fact the dog wouldn't even eat it. If you want breakfast thrown in the trash, try this stuff. For those who don't know what gravy is supposed to be, go ahead. Canned pudding with a foul flavor.

Sausage, Bacon, or "grease" gravy. Fry up enough bacon or sausage to get 1/4 inch of grease in the cast iron skillet, add flour and stir until the flour gets real brown, rapidly stir in a 50/50 combination of milk and water, keep stirring so it won't lump up. salt and pepper to taste. Serve over browned chunks of potato or bisquits. The white crap sold in most restaurants as "Sausage gravy" is little more than wallpaper paste and is unfit to eat. Thank God for Southern Cookin'

• Like 1

I make my own sausage gravy all the time. I haven't actually tried it myself, but my girl seems to like it. Sometimes, I can whip up a batch of sausage gravy fairly quick. But my girl prefers the batches that take a little longer to make, for some reason. I've also asked her if we can have her friend over so she can try my sausage gravy, but she apparently wants to keep it all to herself.

• Like 3

I make my own sausage gravy all the time. I haven't actually tried it myself, but my girl seems to like it. Sometimes, I can whip up a batch of sausage gravy fairly quick. But my girl prefers the batches that take a little longer to make, for some reason. I've also asked her if we can have her friend over so she can try my sausage gravy, but she apparently wants to keep it all to herself.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol::angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Southern fried rabbit or squirrel make the gravy from the grease as stated before. flour, 50/50/milk water. Hot sourdough biscuits. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM good. Beats sausage or bacon any day.:up: