Hey everybody longtime lurker here. I finally got a Saiga 12 on the way. It will be at my dealer Wed. or Thur. of next week. I can't wait. It is the IZ 109 version. Igot it for 690.00 out the door. Hope to learn alot here. I'll get my profile filled out as soon as possible.

Razr.

One quick law about VA.

No drum and folding stock on the same gun. Just keep that in mind when you design your conversion. Keep the stock fixed if you want to use the 20rd drums!

~SN

Welcome!

An idea--try shooting the cheap stuff from Wally World, such as Federal bulk and Winchester Universal bulk. Put your gas plug on setting 2 and try it out. Some S12's will function and some won't.

If you haven't already checked, take out the gas plug and check for you gas ports with a bent paper clip. General rule of thumb is 3 ports @ 3/32" diameter. Hopefully, your S12 had the proper quality control and won't have any function issues. If you do have issues, there are a number of threads about fixing any problems.

At any rate, welcome to the group :D