I have been curious if these work, then I read where any Stainless Steel would work. So I bought a cheap big ladle spoon at wallyworld and took a shower and used it before I went out for 3 plus hours of mowing and sweating, and all seems good. No foul odors. Ordinary anti-perspirant things started to give me a rash. So, I thought I'd try the stainless thing out. Anyone else use it or have tried it? Just curious. Just the simple spoon seemed to work for me, instead of a 20 dollar bar. Do you use these when camping or anything?

can someone explain this a bit better for me?

The below is from the amazon site concerning one of the stainless bars. Interesting, I never heard of this.

Do you have unpleasant underarm, foot or other body odor? Do you want to feel fresh and clean all the time, naturally, without harsh chemicals? De Odor Works is the safe and natural solution proven to eliminate body odor. Using stainless steel with running water is a recognized method of eliminating the volatile sulfur compounds (VSC's) that cause odor. In fact, it is used by chefs as the most effective way to eliminate odors from their hands. De Odor Works uses the same principle to naturally eliminate body odor - harnessing the cleansing power of ordinary tap water and medical grade stainless steel. De Odor Works provides 24-hour odor protection. Unlike traditional deodorant products, De Odor Works does not just mask odor, it removes it. De Odor Works is portable, weighs only 2 ounces and has been ergonomically designed to easily grip and use in the shower. It is completely reusable and should last forever. You'll never have to buy messy deodorant sticks, sprays or gels again. De Odor Works is completely natural. It is non-allergenic and contains no chemicals. It won't clog your pores or cause rashes or bumps like some deodorants. With De Odor Works, you don't have to worry about any of the serious side effects that many doctors are now linking to traditional deodorant use. And it won't leave stains on your clothes like deodorants either!

This is somewhere in the realm of myth and chemistry. I've heard of stainless steel for removing onion and garlic smell, but have never had this work for me. I've tried using spoons and such, no luck.

This kind of thing might work if it's impregnated with either colloidal silver or copper, both of which are poisonous to bacteria. The bacteria is what is responsible for the smell, it's actually them degrading your sweat and other secretions. The silver/copper thing is actually fairly common, I think there are a few cities that use the metals in their subway and bus grabrails for anti-microbial covering. There's also socks, and they work on the same principal.

I'd try a different deoderant, or maybe the deoderant rock, I've used that before with some success.

Edited by Graniteer

I was just looking at one at academy last night. I was going to take a trip camping to some primitive camping areas up in the mountains and thought it would be handy since I wont have much for a shower for 3-4 days. I didnt get it but I just might go back and grab one.

Spoons? Remind me to skip thanksgiving at your house!

This is somewhere in the realm of myth and chemistry. I've heard of stainless steel for removing onion and garlic smell, but have never had this work for me. I've tried using spoons and such, no luck.

This kind of thing might work if it's impregnated with either colloidal silver or copper, both of which are poisonous to bacteria. The bacteria is what is responsible for the smell, it's actually them degrading your sweat and other secretions. The silver/copper thing is actually fairly common, I think there are a few cities that use the metals in their subway and bus grabrails for anti-microbial covering. There's also socks, and they work on the same principal.

I'd try a different deoderant, or maybe the deoderant rock, I've used that before with some success.