7 replies to this topic

#1 BronCobraJet

BronCobraJet

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

I have been curious if these work, then I read where any Stainless Steel would work. So I bought a cheap big ladle spoon at wallyworld and took a shower and used it before I went out for 3 plus hours of mowing and sweating, and all seems good. No foul odors. Ordinary anti-perspirant things started to give me a rash. So, I thought I'd try the stainless thing out. Anyone else use it or have tried it? Just curious. Just the simple spoon seemed to work for me, instead of a 20 dollar bar. Do you use these when camping or anything?
Always LOVE Your Country, But NEVER Trust Your Government - Robert Novak

#2 86camaro

86camaro

Fuck you Dannel MAOlloy

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I use one when I cut up onion or garlic on my hands... Works good enough for that

Fuck You Dannel Malloy!  Fuck you Larry 'Traitor' Cafero.  Thank you mindless sheep of Konnektikut- may you all rot in a gulag.  Time to move somewhere warmer and where I dont have to register my rifles like i'm a sex offender.

#3 Nailbomb

Nailbomb

Plague-Bearer

• Super Moderator
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

can someone explain this a bit better for me?
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
George A. Romero

#4 1911

The Flying Ashtray Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

can someone explain this a bit better for me?

The below is from the amazon site concerning one of the stainless bars. Interesting, I never heard of this.

Do you have unpleasant underarm, foot or other body odor? Do you want to feel fresh and clean all the time, naturally, without harsh chemicals? De Odor Works is the safe and natural solution proven to eliminate body odor. Using stainless steel with running water is a recognized method of eliminating the volatile sulfur compounds (VSC's) that cause odor. In fact, it is used by chefs as the most effective way to eliminate odors from their hands. De Odor Works uses the same principle to naturally eliminate body odor - harnessing the cleansing power of ordinary tap water and medical grade stainless steel. De Odor Works provides 24-hour odor protection. Unlike traditional deodorant products, De Odor Works does not just mask odor, it removes it. De Odor Works is portable, weighs only 2 ounces and has been ergonomically designed to easily grip and use in the shower. It is completely reusable and should last forever. You'll never have to buy messy deodorant sticks, sprays or gels again. De Odor Works is completely natural. It is non-allergenic and contains no chemicals. It won't clog your pores or cause rashes or bumps like some deodorants. With De Odor Works, you don't have to worry about any of the serious side effects that many doctors are now linking to traditional deodorant use. And it won't leave stains on your clothes like deodorants either!
WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!
http://transsylvania...their-guns.html

Our Republic's Founders had it right. "To disarm the people is
the best and most effectual way to enslave them," warned George
Mason. Patrick Henry concurred, imploring future generations:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve
it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are
inevitably ruined.

#5 Graniteer

Graniteer

Beard Enthusiast

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

This is somewhere in the realm of myth and chemistry. I've heard of stainless steel for removing onion and garlic smell, but have never had this work for me. I've tried using spoons and such, no luck.

This kind of thing might work if it's impregnated with either colloidal silver or copper, both of which are poisonous to bacteria. The bacteria is what is responsible for the smell, it's actually them degrading your sweat and other secretions. The silver/copper thing is actually fairly common, I think there are a few cities that use the metals in their subway and bus grabrails for anti-microbial covering. There's also socks, and they work on the same principal.

I'd try a different deoderant, or maybe the deoderant rock, I've used that before with some success.

Edited by Graniteer, 04 June 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#6 Chevyman097

Chevyman097

What?

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,611 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

I was just looking at one at academy last night. I was going to take a trip camping to some primitive camping areas up in the mountains and thought it would be handy since I wont have much for a shower for 3-4 days. I didnt get it but I just might go back and grab one.

#7 poolingmyignorance

poolingmyignorance

Saigapathic Maniac

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Spoons? Remind me to skip thanksgiving at your house!

This is somewhere in the realm of myth and chemistry. I've heard of stainless steel for removing onion and garlic smell, but have never had this work for me. I've tried using spoons and such, no luck.

This kind of thing might work if it's impregnated with either colloidal silver or copper, both of which are poisonous to bacteria. The bacteria is what is responsible for the smell, it's actually them degrading your sweat and other secretions. The silver/copper thing is actually fairly common, I think there are a few cities that use the metals in their subway and bus grabrails for anti-microbial covering. There's also socks, and they work on the same principal.

I'd try a different deoderant, or maybe the deoderant rock, I've used that before with some success.

Our 2nd Amendment right is the most important of all, because it ensures us our ability to ultimately govern ourselves.
The ORGINAL Freedom of Religion is freedom FROM religion: My freedom from your religion and your freedom from mine.

**my post are meant to be general reference, and are not meant to be all inclusive. So if you say or atempt any of the actions that my postings reference ..your on your own*

#8 Dad2142Dad

Dad2142Dad

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

Have tried one I got for a gift, not very effective for me atleast. I will stick with good ole Palmolive ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users