New awesome slip on retainer has made me really happy.

That does look really good. Very nice gun overalll too. My understanding of the forum rules are, you can post where you got it, even the website, just not a LINK, to it. Thanks for sharing.

Ok if this is the case then. www....... saiga-ak ........com/parts.html

Edited by my762buzz

does it have the slots on the side for the factory barrel notches?

No slots. I think the lack of slots is so it can also be used on saigas or any other ak that has no barrel side notches.

Most of the older saigas were imported with no notches.

Did you use a rivet or roll-pin 762? What size did you use? I definitely want to pick one of these up.

The hole is 5mm wide and realistically a 25mm long pin is needed. So figure metric M5 x 25mm. You can use a roll pin like shown on the website or a dowel pin (rod).

I noticed that a standard AK trigger axis pin is 5mm wide but obviously much longer than 25mm and so I cut and filed an extra one I had to size. It took two minutes with bolt cutters and a file. Finally, a little red loctite at the end and it fits snug. However, you can buy M5x25mm dowel pins from plenty of online tool or hardware sources.

Edited by my762buzz

The hole is 5mm wide and realistically a 25mm long pin is needed. So figure metric M5 x 25mm. You can use a roll pin like shown on the website or a dowel pin (rod).

I noticed that a standard AK trigger axis pin is 5mm wide but obviously much longer than 25mm and so I cut and filed an extra one I had to size. It took two minutes with bolt cutters and a file. Finally, a little red loctite at the end and it fits snug. However, you can buy M5x25mm dowel pins from plenty of online tool or hardware sources.

Thank you for the reply.

• 3 months later...