Saiga trigger group

Snip: ... Yeah, and you are going to fight to the death, if and ever, the ATF asks dealers to produce records for sales of saigas, just like they did for the streetsweeper and striker 12s and they come to pay you a visit to see your Saiga?

Put away the tinfoil hat dude. Nobody is coming for you. Even when the street sweeper/striker was declared a DD and no longer allowed to be imported the old ones were grandfathered in. My friend legally owns a street sweeper to this day. The ATF was/is looking into the IMPORTABILITY of the Saiga shotguns in their current imported form. There is no discussion into making the already legally owned Saiga shotguns illegal. There is also nothing illegal about taking a shotgun imported in a sporting configuration and converting it to a non-sporting configuration, as long as you follow 922r guidelines. That's why nobody else has brought it up.

• Like 2

Jesus Guys can't we just be friends? I just asked what possiably were the reasons for moving the FCG forward. I didn't want to start a war.

I orderd a recoil pad to fit sporter stock, a Poly Choke, two 10 round mags, a lighter recoil spring and a V plug from Carolina Shooters supply. The only thing I am going to do before I shoot the gun is put thr recoil pad on. Then after a shooting I will go from there with what is needed to run low brass reliably if and meet 922. I may eventually convert but not soon. :cryss:

hey palidin, i did the same thing when I started on here, started a forum war about 'convert or not convert". I stood firm on not converting. As time went on I wanted to see what the other side was like, And I wasnt disapointed. Bottom line, do what you have the money to do, because thats all that is possible. I will tell you that It was one of the most rewarding projects Ive ever gotten into. Either way, its an awesome rifle, and youll enjoy it.

Shotgun.... not a rifle. Just trying to help.

I've seen more and more people referring to shotguns as rifles recently...

It is a vast left wing conspiracy :ph34r:

Snip: ... Yeah, and you are going to fight to the death, if and ever, the ATF asks dealers to produce records for sales of saigas, just like they did for the streetsweeper and striker 12s and they come to pay you a visit to see your Saiga?

Put away the tinfoil hat dude. Nobody is coming for you. Even when the street sweeper/striker was declared a DD and no longer allowed to be imported the old ones were grandfathered in. My friend legally owns a street sweeper to this day. The ATF was/is looking into the IMPORTABILITY of the Saiga shotguns in their current imported form. There is no discussion into making the already legally owned Saiga shotguns illegal. There is also nothing illegal about taking a shotgun imported in a sporting configuration and converting it to a non-sporting configuration, as long as you follow 922r guidelines. That's why nobody else has brought it up.

+1

Wow. This is quite the thread. Welcome to the forum, I've found it useful and even though it gets a little prickly at times, we are a decent group who provide answers and help when you need it -- and opinions when you don't :) . What's so much fun about these guns is that you can make it like YOU and you alone want. I shoot 3 gun and converted because I wanted both my long guns to feel and operate the same way. I convered my Saiga to AR style safety, magwell with side mag release, same grip, same stock, similar foregrip as my AR. Plus, I have to admit, the conversion was a really fun and rewarding project. You might feel more comfortable with a more conventional shotgun configuration. Anyway, welcome!

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet as possible on my end. Here is my two pennies worth.

1. Welcome to the forum. If I were you, for the moment, I'd let these boys slug it out for themselves. :P lol

2. You've heard all the rebellious points being made that is founded in this nation's greatness since just before 1776 that "the reason is the government doesn't want you to have it that way". That was only part of my reasons to convert.

3. The other reason is... Comfort. Yes the trigger felt better (I said feel, so that's an opinion and does not have to be based on pull weight. /preemptive strike), yes it balances better (find the fulcrum between the two, trust me.), but my most important reason is... A pistol gripped firearm feels better in my hands personally. I also don't like long stocks because they are not as ergonomic for me personally as a shorter stock. This made the idea to convert pretty much a no brainer for me.

As a result, Mijolnir was and is in the process of being born.

Saiga12drum.jpg

Gotta love the 6 position stock. And I shoot it with the stock fully forward too, that's how much I like a shorter stock, just much more pleasant to operate for a day of dumping cheap ammo.

To the original poster:

I am sure there is someone on this site that would meet you at a range to let you try their converted gun; then you can make an informed decision. Post what state and city you live or work in and I am sure someone here would love to show off their creation. If you are anywhere near Las Vegas I would jump at the chance to meet up with fellow Saiga freaks. Take your gun so you would have the oprotunity to try both configurations. I would bet you decide on the converted configuration but that is my opinion not necessarily yours.

Did anyone stop to consider there's sporting stocks for converted firearms?

All the thumbhole options and other things... In the end it takes a front heavy gun and moves the balance back to where it feels more natural instead of having the whole weight of the gun in your left hand.

If you are of the mindset that a shotgun is just a shotgun and none of them can have a decent trigger, not to be insulting but that's pure ignorance. You can throw a 2 stage adjustable trigger in there if you want. The factory trigger is unservicable, due to being riveted in, it also contains many extra parts that aren't a part of the design of the weapon but simply a rig fix.

If you prefer to keep things original and simple, you will prefer the conversion. If you prefer ghetto-rigged alterations to a proven design, just so you can have a monte-carlo stock, then leave it as is. The issue really isn't about converting, it's about restoring the firearm back to it's intended configuration.

Beating the dead horse of the ATF and claiming they haven't ruled on the gun is another ignorant act. Hell, they deemed a pistol grip on a shotgun as a fine sporting feature, FOR IMPORT none the less. If the ATF scares you, you better stick to a black powder coach gun, and be prepared to bury it in a PVC tube. If the ATF decides they don't like the saiga, ergonomics won't impact any of their decisions against it. Last time I checked, you couldn't put a monte-carlo stock on a striker and magically turn it into a non-DD.

I agree, and IF the ATF rules S-12s and 20s as DD's then it will be ALL Saiga 12s and 20s conversion or not...