broken firing pin ARGGGGH!!!

Hey guys a lil help here would be appreciated. I went to the local indoor range today to pattern some slugs and instantly got the whole places attention with my saiga. Went through the whole this gun is badass and reliable speech, and to make a long story short was completly embarrassed!!! The fuckin firing pin broke the last time we were shootin clays and i had no idea. It broke about 5/8th inch from the bolt face. Has anyone ever had this happen and where do i get a couple more? Attn: Pauly do you sell the glass bolts or is a send in only mod?

post-28516-0-91189900-1307220148_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had this happen? Ive only got about 4500 rounds through it 95% light loads. Am i alone? I have 10 kalishnikovs and have never had a problem.

Never heard of it myself...

M

Has anyone had this happen? Ive only got about 4500 rounds through it 95% light loads. Am i alone? I have 10 kalishnikovs and have never had a problem.

The whole reason Tromix has the HD pins available is because they were breaking.

You can't directly compare the S-12 to rifle caliber AKs as far as longevity of specific parts. The firing pin is one weak point on the S-12, the more serious one is the op-rod. That would be the reason Tom Cole has HD op-rods available.

loI wouldn't worry about it. Firing pin or not, you brought the thunder. Anyone who knows about the rifles knows that short of driving a tank over it, or nailing it with a press or a power hammer, they'll work all the time, every time.

As others have mentioned parts are available that answer the problem. Get your part, put it in and bring the thunder one more time. :)

btw, nice S12, I have the same stock on mine.

Just something to be aware of...

If you used a jte reduced power mainspring in your conversion, you may have problems with the heavy hitter firing pin spring.

The heavy hitter spring is a lot stronger than the stock one, and the reduced power mainspring could cause light strikes. I had to swap my mainspring out for a standard one.

Attn: Pauly do you sell the glass bolts or is a send in only mod?

It's a send in thing.

The bolts are built for the guns.

They're not always easily interchangeable.

You want to keep your gun numbers matching anyhow.