There is some sort of device you can mount to a tree, when it senses movement it puts out a sound that animals hate. I don't believe it is very audible to humans. I don't know much more about these except I have seen them in use and it works.

If it is your dog, than I don't know. I heard that female dogs don't hurt lawns, probably bullshit, but I don't know.

Edited by King of the Hill

is the problem he is killing the whole yard or is it the grass itself cause if you don't mind one little spot being dead they make a pee stake it gives off a sent and makes the dog want to pee on that one spot

Dunno that's strange I normally have four dogs at my house.... the grass gets worn down from the running around but they don't burn the grass with their piss. They are all males so I think that theory is kaput

i have had too many dogs that I cannot even remember how many me and my family have owned over the years. My last dog (Mr. Big) I actually trained to use the bushes and dead leaves. 99% of the time, he would not use the yard, unless he REALLY had to go bad when I got home from work and couldnt make it far. I would bring him to the park, and let him loose on his "abbah" (ball as he said it), and hed make a b-line for the edge of the park and go have a frisky dump and whizz along the brush line in the leaves. It shouldnt be hard to retrain the dog using treats or toys, and figure out a command word for the dog to recognize where to relieve itself, and give it positive reinforcement like a small child, and it will get the idea pretty quick. I used "go take a shit", but I dont have a very "family oriented" vocabulary, anyhow. Teaching the dog to see where you point, is also a handy thing, if your dog has "fetch" or is a hunting/herding breed.

Thats about all I can really think of to tell you guys.

edit to add - you will probably have to start off with a leash to get it going on track....also, most dogs, like small children, respond better to saying the command THREE times in a row until they learn what the commands are.

good luck. i wish i could have a dog where i live now.

I am attaching the same picture i always do, to let you know how much Mr Big meant to me, and how serious I am about what I did with him. he shit on command.

check him out, hes smiling.... hehehehmmmmmmm. Yeh, thats my BFD.

post-83-0-36997900-1307411416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ben Vampatella

the pee stack works if you can get the dog use to using it and it knows were it is in the yard. wish my sons friends would start using it to. harder to train a 12 year old than a puppy. at least the dog will eventually learn.

Paint ball gun. Remove the paint from a few paint balls then using a syringe, inject capsaicin oil as a replacement for the paint. Hit the pooch in the who who to score a bingo.

post-13534-0-53109200-1307406873_thumb.jpg

Yakdung

• Like 1

I have 2 big dogs a rottie and a black lab mix and then we have 9 havanese "little fu fu dogs" I have the same problem and I find putting lime on my yard helps it doesn't fix every spot but about 75% of them grow back.

• Like 1

I have 2 big dogs a rottie and a black lab mix and then we have 9 havanese "little fu fu dogs" I have the same problem and I find putting lime on my yard helps it doesn't fix every spot but about 75% of them grow back.

my dad breeds purebred Havanese silk dogs. they are taking to pointing commands nicely....dont tell my dad....LOL...

...jesus, NINE of them? thats gotta be a handfull....

Edited by Ben Vampatella

Paint ball gun. Remove the paint from a few paint balls then using a syringe, inject capsaicin oil as a replacement for the paint. Hit the pooch in the who who to score a bingo.

Yakdung

I sure hope you missed post #5, otherwise I feel really bad for your pooch. :unsure:

It's my dog! LOL!

Yakdung

I sure hope you missed post #5, otherwise I feel really bad for your pooch. :unsure:

It's my dog! LOL!

Yikes. Teach him a lesson.

Yakdung

I was going to suggest following him around with a bucket of water and "flushing" the ground after he pees on it. That might dilute the chemicals in the urine enough to prevent damaging the grass. Training him to do his business in a specific area could also limit the extent of the damage, and asking your vet about dietary concerns could be less labor-intensive.

Edited by DrThunder88

If you have the space in your yard, build a discrete "sand box" and teach him to pee and poop in it. Or run your sprinklers a LOT more often. Or train him to pee and poop in your neighbors lawn! lol (not reccomended) The problem gets worse in hotter, drier weather. Maybe ask your vet next time he is in for a visit? or contact your county extension agent to see what they might be able to offer. We have had a cool, wet spring, and I don't have any spots yet this year. Drier years past the lawn looked like hell.

Make a spot size of a small dog run 3X12 with whats called pee rock can be found where rock & gravel are sold kinda cheap in price like $20-30 a ton it's porous drying out dog shit in a couple days just pick up with pooper scooper my dogs are trained only to go piss & shit in their easy to clean & maintain just hose down

I was going to suggest following him around with a bucket of water and "flushing" the ground after he pees on it. That might dilute the chemicals in the urine enough to prevent damaging the grass. Training him to do his business in a specific area could also limit the extent of the damage, and asking your vet about dietary concerns could be less labor-intensive.

This is really the only way to do it. The basic problem is that the dog's urine is too acidic on the potential hydrogen scale. Urine contains many hormones as well as nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorous. These nutrients actually help the grass grow back thicker and healthier once the Ph is adjusted. Some people give their dog some kind of food additive, but I feel kidney damage could result from long term use.

Like DrThunder88 said you must dilute the urine infested area with water until the Ph is within an acceptable range for your grass. If you train your dog to pee in one area that is awesome. My male German Shepherd could never do that. He could go to where I trained him when he was alone in the yard. However whenever someone or another dog would come to the gate or yard he would always want to mark the fence line or trespassed area.

If you do get him to urinate regularly in one spot be careful. The build up of phosphorous and nitrogen could become explosive over time. The first discovery of the element phosphorous was with reduced human urine.

A cup of lime (slaked) dissolved in 5 gal. of water. Splash the brown areas with enough to wet it pretty good. The grass will come back nice and green. If you can hose down the urine spot right after Bowser does his thing, it will not burn. The lime water will work for spots you find AFTER they start to burn! It will not stop the burn, just allow the grass to recover quickly.