What did you do to your rifle today?

Okay, so I saw this topic on vwvortex's forums and though it might sit nice on this website. Here is where anyone who would like to post anything the did with their rifles/shotguns/pistols today(or respectably speaking).

I'd like to start things out with the little custom hole filling I did last week.

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

I hope to see some more posts here soon!ph34r.gif

Today? Let's see. The UPS guy dropped off my M2-B mount and Primary Arms Gen.7 micro... I broke out the dremel, and cut up the factory HG some more. I still have to sand it and finish it, but that's what I did today.

post-20073-0-55542700-1307405534_thumb.jpg

The entire package:

post-20073-0-60203400-1307405675_thumb.jpg

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1

Yeah... It's sick. I got it as a "temp" until I save enough for the Aimpoint T-1... But I'm going to put it through it's paces, and I think this may be a keeper!

• Like 1

I haven't worked on a Saiga in a while, but my Norinco Hunter/Galil-esque conversion is nearing completion. I got the trigger guard and mag release attached and fitted. The handguard and retainer are ready to go, though I'm thinking about fabricating a heat shield. The receiver block just needs some trimming before it's ready, and if Ace, Ltd., ever gets back to me with info on their product, I'll be ready to finish the thing up.

• Like 1

Today I threaded by barrel, mounted the UTG side mount with a Bushnell TRS 25 on it. I know that I need to finish the conversion, but that is coming when the BASTARD by MSA is released, which I hope will be soon!

post-28773-0-73446600-1307542204_thumb.jpg

post-28773-0-34192100-1307542213_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Today I threaded by barrel, mounted the UTG side mount with a Bushnell TRS 25 on it. I know that I need to finish the conversion, but that is coming when the BASTARD by MSA is released, which I hope will be soon!

post-28773-0-73446600-1307542204_thumb.jpg

post-28773-0-34192100-1307542213_thumb.jpg

Is that the AR lower with an AK upper receiver?... That's kind of like the Sig Sauer AK in my conversion thread. Just is doesn't have the traditional AK upper. I'm going to have to follow your thread or something because the thought of that made my ears perk. Sound awesome if it's under 200 bucks!

Edited by PoisonYouth

I mounted belomo POSP today, 4x24 400 m.

And then my cat stole it.

250423_10150640159950035_728720034_19227750_8055120_n.jpg

He didn't steal it... He's volunteering to be your first moving target!

I speak cat. Trust me.

not a darn thing has been done to my rifle today. ive spent the last 3 days tracking down yugo parts for my saiga to tauk build. now the waiting game....

Yeah, but from what I've seen so far, it's gonna be worth the wait!

not a darn thing has been done to my rifle today. ive spent the last 3 days tracking down yugo parts for my saiga to tauk build. now the waiting game....

Yeah, but from what I've seen so far, it's gonna be worth the wait!

i appreciate that. :super:

• Like 1

Profiled the s12 bolt and ground the etched out import mark/velcro looking birthmark off the reciever then gave it some paint

I heard those birthmarks might end up being worth some money one day. Then again, I've been pondering sanding it smooth recently just for aesthetics. I'll have to wait and see if it grows on me, it's kind of cool because at the right angle you can still see RAA's import marking. It leaves the question to who actually imported the thing, nifty. tongue.gif

finally converted my baby. too much talk,not enough action.

wasr dragunov style stock.

Dinzag custom Tapco G2 FCG/hammer

(also got rid of BHO lever, going to mod the safety lever to hold the bolt in open position)

and will soon be adding a bullet guide so that I can use surplus AK mags.

now to find a new front handguard with mounts for a folding front grip.

269822_10150661224675035_728720034_19485955_5156905_n.jpg

finally converted my baby. too much talk,not enough action.

wasr dragunov style stock.

Dinzag custom Tapco G2 FCG/hammer

(also got rid of BHO lever, going to mod the safety lever to hold the bolt in open position)

and will soon be adding a bullet guide so that I can use surplus AK mags.

269822_10150661224675035_728720034_19485955_5156905_n.jpg

nice stock. i wouldnt worry about a bolt hold open on the 7.62 model. its not needed. i like it on my s12 because it makes loading mags easier, but on the 7.62 mags load just fine on a closed bolt (i left mine of the 7.62 but kept it on my s12)

Edited by psl sniper
  • Like 1

Or just mount a section of picatinny rail to the bottom of your factory HG. Just takes a few minutes.

• Like 1

the only reason I want to do a BHO (probably with the safety lever mod) is because the best range in my area, that I know of at least, is a bunch of nazies about them.

and for the handguard, I dont like the look of the saiga synthetic handguard, I want to get a wood one and bolt in a vertical grip. I think it needs a little more wood to balance it out.

the only reason I want to do a BHO (probably with the safety lever mod) is because the best range in my area, that I know of at least, is a bunch of nazies about them.

and for the handguard, I dont like the look of the saiga synthetic handguard, I want to get a wood one and bolt in a vertical grip. I think it needs a little more wood to balance it out.

Just stick a piece of brass (or steel for those of us shooting crap through our rifles :P ) and they should shut up. I dealt with that at a range up near me. Realize that a lot of other rifles don't have them, and thats what they end up doing. It will save you a lot of trouble and anguish.

• Like 1

Bought a new one... Remington 770 w/scope in .243, $300. Cabela's 4th of July sale was not nice to my wallet.

Not a saiga, but the PSL needs a trip to the range to see if she'll cycle the silvertips with the new recoil spring installed, but the next thing for her is a bolt polish. Gotta make sure she works before I send the bolt out, though!