What did you do to your rifle today?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks almost like a war trophy with that wood on there.

I'm going out on a limb here: You never heard of a "Tabuk" before now, have you? :angel:

PSL- Sick. No more words.

I'm going out on a limb here: You never heard of a "Tabuk" before now, have you? :angel:

PSL- Sick. No more words.

thanks to both of you. once my .308 project is done, ill do some pics of all three.

• Like 1

I most certainly have not. laugh.gif

here you go. everything you ever wanted to know about the iraqi tabuk.

http://www.dragunov.net/iraq_tabuk.html

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Wow... Been a while on this thread, but I painted today and yesterday, and it's pretty much dry now. It's simply Krylon Camoflage from Wally world. I used a nylon laundry bag to create the pattern, I like it but I'm not 100% sold on it... We'll see.

post-20073-0-17564800-1318206041_thumb.jpg

post-20073-0-21187500-1318206060_thumb.jpg

post-20073-0-26257500-1318206085_thumb.jpg

post-20073-0-20748400-1318206103_thumb.jpg

bohound, what kind of light do you have on your rifle? The body and mount look like the Leapers/UTG lights I have on a few of mine, but the bezel looks different.

I finished work on my Norinco Hunter/Galil project. It still kind of feels unfinished insofar as it could use refinishing, but the amalgamation of blue and phosphate finishes is functional.

You were correct on the light... It's the UTG. I wasn't going to spend top dollar on a weapons light when we have several top notch hand helds- not in the budget. The bezel is just a slip on for use with the cheesy filters they have. I am making a killflash for it, calling it a day... Likewise with that PA micro- It needs a killflash too, and this rifle is done.

Time for a .308.

• 1 month later...

Wow... Been a while on this thread, but I painted today and yesterday, and it's pretty much dry now. It's simply Krylon Camoflage from Wally world. I used a nylon laundry bag to create the pattern, I like it but I'm not 100% sold on it... We'll see.

I've got to say... that thing looks like Godzilla's personal chopper... Nice reptilian effect!