Broke the 20rnd Promag Yesterday.

I'm sure they will handle it. From what I have read, their CS has been much better in recent times.

That being said.... my MD-20s have never let me down and I am rough with them. I have never needed MD's CS :smoke:

• Like 1

After posting this the first thing I did was start looking at the other brands available and everyone really likes their MD20. I also looked at the Wraithmaker 30 but holy crap is that a lot of money for a drum.

don't waste your time or money on aa products. Just get the MD-20 and raise hell with it.

• Like 2

"pro" mag... Say no more.

Why not add it to the thread in the hall of shame? Let's take the inferior product off the market by speaking with our wallets!

• Like 1

Duct tape.... And maybe a little baling wire

I agree, it's just the back cover, the damage doesn't really affect the operation of the drum as long as you can fix it good enough to stay on. Besides, the duct-taped drum on an AK shotgun would really fit with the whole image of the Saiga-12... :lolol:

They will likely do just that, evl... Then send him a 30 round 7.62x39 mag to replace his drum. They like to pay attention to detail at promag.

I never even considered the possibilities. With the experiences that I have had in the last year.... I wouldn't be surprised.

They will likely do just that, evl... Then send him a 30 round 7.62x39 mag to replace his drum. They like to pay attention to detail at promag.

I never even considered the possibilities. With the experiences that I have had in the last year.... I wouldn't be surprised.

That's just what they did to me. Sent a 7.62 mag to replace my .223 mag with broken feed lips. Now, I'm a forum member, and thus a tinkerer... But I couldn't get that mag to feed no matter what I tried! :lolol:

Screw promag. A lot.

I am also interested in finding out how they handle this. They have an opportunity to prove that they stand behind their product, will they do it...I hope so. That being said I have had a terrible past with their products, for many different weapons. Long story short, the only product that actually has worked as designed for me is the 12 round drum. I hope they replace this drum.

I am also interested in finding out how they handle this. They have an opportunity to prove that they stand behind their product, will they do it...I hope so. That being said I have had a terrible past with their products, for many different weapons. Long story short, the only product that actually has worked as designed for me is the 12 round drum. I hope they replace this drum.

Or at least send him a new cover.

I may just do that and give them a call and at least see what they say. I did purchase this over a year ago and don't remember what the warranty was so they most likely will say sorry cant help ya.

As for what TonyRumore was asking. This broke from firing it on Sunday morning at the range. Prior to that it held up for and had been working since I bought just a little over a year ago.

On the packaging of my new 12 rounder it says "...a Lifetime Guarantee against manufacturer's defects.". I would imagine they would at least replace the cover without much argument. I am sure they will think it odd that the clips broke just shooting. They are better off to replace such a cheap(to them) part so they can help their customer service image. Please, keep us informed.

I have had a terrible past with their products, for many different weapons.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice... You know the rest.

For the record, Promags CS is actually very good... I would imagine they get PLENTY of opportunity to shine in that department.

I have had a terrible past with their products, for many different weapons.

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice... You know the rest.

For the record, Promags CS is actually very good... I would imagine they get PLENTY of opportunity to shine in that department.

:lolol: :lolol:

Edited by Caged

I thought the rear cover was held on by the bolt in the middle, not those clips. Those clips were just to lock the outside edges in place.

That is true but its still not right to have those clips break. It makes me wonder what kind of overall stresses this drum is taking to just have those clips break.

Why not add it to the thread in the hall of shame? Let's take the inferior product off the market by speaking with our wallets!

I don't know what you're talking about. My Promag 10 works like a champ. My MD20 on the other hand has given me issues before.

I don't know what you're talking about. My Promag 10 works like a champ. My MD20 on the other hand has given me issues before.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You don't work for Promag, by any chance? I've NEVER heard of an MD20 proving unreliable in any way. Yours would be the first.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

You don't work for Promag, by any chance? I've NEVER heard of an MD20 proving unreliable in any way. Yours would be the first.

There is a thread here with plenty of people chiming in on how much they liked the promag 10's and 12 round drums. I'm glad that YOU have never heard of one proving unreliable, but my MD 20 failed after 40 rounds and I have the pics to prove it. I'm not saying I don't like Mike's products, I do, and have many, but to scoff and imply that they can't break like any other product is idiotic.