Winchester PDX1 ammo

I've shot a few rounds of winchester PDX410 3", They actually fit in my surefire 15 round mags (just barely). I could not tell you how they pattern though. It was the first time I took my s410 to the range and I was just testing different ammo to see if it would feed/cycle. I didn't notice the PDX ammo do anything crazy.

I've shot a few rounds of winchester PDX410 3", They actually fit in my surefire 15 round mags (just barely). I could not tell you how they pattern though. It was the first time I took my s410 to the range and I was just testing different ammo to see if it would feed/cycle. I didn't notice the PDX ammo do anything crazy.

Did the PDX cycle OK? It's only rated @ like 750fps

Did the PDX cycle OK? It's only rated @ like 750fps

I only shot 3 (I paid $1.90 per round :dollar: ), but all 3 cycled fine on #1 setting. I shot 20 rounds of Federal 3" 5 pellet which is only rated at 750 and only had one jam, but that was in the fist 10 rounds ever put through the gun.

Edited by bigdaddyhatty

I've used it in my 3" Taurus Judge Magnum and my Rossi Circuit Judge (also 3" chamber), totally destroys the paper targets at 15-25 yds.....Love the pattern I get, awesome for a home defense load.....

• 2 weeks later...

From my tests and what I can gather from the forum: HD rounds with 00/000 buck or slug are slightly longer than normal 3" rounds. These will not fit in surefire mags. They will however work in the factory mags. The roll crimp may have something to do with it...

From my tests and what I can gather from the forum: HD rounds with 00/000 buck or slug are slightly longer than normal 3" rounds. These will not fit in surefire mags. They will however work in the factory mags. The roll crimp may have something to do with it...

Winchester 3" PDX, Federal 3" 000 Buck, Winchester 3" 000 Buck, and Golden Bear 3" slugs all fit and function fine in my Surefire 15 round mag.

• 1 month later...

I fired some at 25 yards.

Some discs hit in an 8" diameter circle.

Both them and the Federals work well.

PDX1's Pros : Fit in surefire. Supposed to be great for close quarters.

Cons: Price, had 1 jam out of 10.

Federal PD4's (personal Defense) Pro's: Cycle great, and I believe pretty much just as devastating. 20 rounds no jams. Less Expensive and readily avail at Wally World

Cons: Will not fit in the Surefire :(.

I'm waiting for a reply if these Federal PD's will fit in the 10rd Factory mag. If so I will order one.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to the range to test fire these yesterday. I shot from various distances out to 25 yards. All disks hit in the 8" circle center of mass. At 7 yards in made a big hole about the size of half dollar. This should be an excellent home defense round. I sure wouldn't want to be on receiving end. I just wish they would fit in my 15 rounder. Wonder why they fit in some mags but not others? Still waiting on a drum.

Edited by Smokewagonokc
  • 4 months later...

I just got back from trying out some different rounds in my newly converted Siaga 410.

Everything cycled with zero jams........I was real concerned about this since my 410 is a first generation 3" magnum version only (no gas adjustment) :

1) Remington Express Longe Range (6 shot) - they did OK at 20 yards into a pine tree.

2) Federal Premium 410 Handgun (5 pellet 000 buck) - these did much more damage at the same range.

3) Winchester PDX1 410 Defenders - holy shit, these tore off sections of the tree.

I was mostly trying to find out what feeds best so I can buy more in bulk. I already have a ton of the Remington 6 shot ammo from when my father passed away. I needed to find a nice hard hitting round to buy. The Winchesters sure were pricey, I paid $15 for 10 rounds.

Is there anything else I should test?? I've wanted to try some Golden Bear steel cased - is it worth giving a try??

Mark

I just got back from trying out some different rounds in my newly converted Siaga 410.

Everything cycled with zero jams........I was real concerned about this since my 410 is a first generation 3" magnum version only (no gas adjustment) :

1) Remington Express Longe Range (6 shot) - they did OK at 20 yards into a pine tree.

2) Federal Premium 410 Handgun (5 pellet 000 buck) - these did much more damage at the same range.

3) Winchester PDX1 410 Defenders - holy shit, these tore off sections of the tree.

I was mostly trying to find out what feeds best so I can buy more in bulk. I already have a ton of the Remington 6 shot ammo from when my father passed away. I needed to find a nice hard hitting round to buy. The Winchesters sure were pricey, I paid $15 for 10 rounds.

Is there anything else I should test?? I've wanted to try some Golden Bear steel cased - is it worth giving a try??

Mark

The Golden Bear stuff works good. But a 97 grain slug just doesn't excite me, it's ok for pliniking. The golden bear #4 buck only has 5 pellets, again not very exciting, but they do shoot a nice tight group. I like th federal 3" 5 pellet 000 buck, here it is $13.95 for a box o' 20, not too bad. The #4 9 pellet ones are good too, but they don't fit in smg mags. let us know if you find any good cheap stuff.

• Like 1